The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Also today after saying yesterday climate change will reverse because global temperatures will start to go down, he said forest fires happen because 'trees explode'
He's probably confusing forest fires with the Band of Brothers episode from Bastogne, where trees actually explode.

If Trump loses the election, what's the way forward? Will he, his family and all his hired goons be investigated the hell out of? There surely must be a massive mound of potential investigations and criminal charges just waiting to erupt like a volcano when he leaves office? Or will this approach just further polarize the country?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

He's also said he read Bob Woodward's book (that was released at 3am) and it was a lightweight read and very boring. Interesting because it's entirely about him...
To be fair I would have thought that trump and the white house lawyers would have had an advanced copy - that said i still doubt he read it

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If Trump loses the election, what's the way forward?
To claim he won and that the democrats are using Chinese help to try to steal the election... its an act of war and a coup and it needs all American Patriots to take their guns to the street and protect their favorite president before ANTIFA come and take them away?

Denis79

To claim he won and that the democrats are using Chinese help to try to steal the election... its an act of war and a coup and it needs all American Patriots to take their guns to the street and protect their favorite president before ANTIFA come and take them away?
Jesus, I can't believe this would even be possible, but it is isn't it? Trump has divided Americans to such an extent that some even see their fellow citizens as enemies...

Drifter

American

This Town Hall would have finished any President. But his **** are past caring.

Simbo

Jesus, I can't believe this would even be possible, but it is isn't it? Trump has divided Americans to such an extent that some even see their fellow citizens as enemies...
That might be the best case scenario. This guys life is over when he doesn’t have the office to protect him. I don’t think we’ve yet seen the worst of what he’ll have to do to protect himself.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Another forum I lurk on have shut down their politics subforum (mostly US members with 99% of the topics being about US politics) because it became "too harmful and devisive". I guess the decision was made after a few members celebrated the killings of the three protestors at the hand of that 17-year old the other week and wished for more of the same.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Somewhat yes, but you also have it somewhat backwards. Trump got elected because America is so divided in the first place. He's not the disease, he's a symptom.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Somewhat yes, but you also have it somewhat backwards. Trump got elected because America is so divided in the first place. He's not the disease, he's a symptom.
I’d say he’s more of a catalyst than a symptom.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

This Town Hall would have finished any President. But his **** are past caring.
Just more proof the man has absolutely zero balls. Good thing probably he got all this military deferments in a way bc if he had served he probably would ve gone in hiding or gotten others killed that way.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Just more proof the man has absolutely zero balls. Good thing probably he got all this military deferments in a way bc if he had served he probably would ve gone in hiding or gotten others killed that way.
Trump's driver behind ANYTHING he does at this point is keeping himself out of prison. He couldn't care less about anything else. If 1 million Americans died in 2 days because of Covid he still won't care. He knows what's coming post January 2021 and it's the reason he throwing all these subliminal messages and red meat to his base about the validity of the elections if or when he loses. Always remember, he's a predator and the country is his prey.

DanH

I don’t think that’s quite what happened.
I don't think it is too far off the truth, to be fair. However, as a caveat to that, I don't believe it was any achievement of statecraft or moral integrity; I think it's more likely that he wanted an achievement, initially for election purposes (and posterity), and is willing to coerce, bribe, threaten and offer favours to get what he wants.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't think it is too far off the truth, to be fair. However, as a caveat to that, I don't believe it was any achievement of statecraft or moral integrity; I think it's more likely that he wanted an achievement, initially for election purposes (and posterity), and is willing to coerce, bribe, threaten and offer favours to get what he wants.
For one, it's not a peace treaty. They were never at war, they just ignored each other diplomatically and economically. So this is rather a 'normalization deal' (as a lot of press call it): the relationship is normalized, like between any non-warring countries - meaning that they'll have mutual embassies, flights between the countries, trade can get going, etc. Also nice, but not quite a peace deal. Also not all that big historically, as UAE and Bahrein are minor players in the actual conflicts in/around Israel.

I do expect the Trump administration to have pushed this forward though. Despite their promises, they have accomplished nothing in the Middle East apart from moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem (which Trump's fans like). Again, this deal isn't much, but it can be sold much bigger - and the public is buying it, as these references to a 'peace deal' show. And now Trump can point to this as a sign of bigger things to come (regardless of whether it is or isn't). So yeah, I think the US may have been pretty pushy to make sure this stuff got done before the elections.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
For one, it's not a peace treaty. They were never at war, they just ignored each other diplomatically and economically. So this is rather a 'normalization deal' (as a lot of press call it): the relationship is normalized, like between any non-warring countries - meaning that they'll have mutual embassies, flights between the countries, trade can get going, etc. Also nice, but not quite a peace deal. Also not all that big historically, as UAE and Bahrein are minor players in the actual conflicts in/around Israel.

I do expect the Trump administration to have pushed this forward though. Despite their promises, they have accomplished nothing in the Middle East apart from moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem (which Trump's fans like). Again, this deal isn't much, but it can be sold much bigger - and the public is buying it, as these references to a 'peace deal' show. And now Trump can point to this as a sign of bigger things to come (regardless of whether it is or isn't). So yeah, I think the US may have been pretty pushy to make sure this stuff got done before the elections.
as i said, to dwayne before, had Obama done this, he would be rooted for another peace nobel prize

anyway, i don´t give two shits, but I thought that this peace treaty was something worth to mention in the Trump presidency thread.

I mean, to change the "who makes the funniest insult about Donald" or "who hates him more" tone of the thread

Kaos

as i said, to dwayne before, had Obama done this, he would be rooted for another peace nobel prize

anyway, i don´t give two shits, but I thought that this peace treaty was something worth to mention in the Trump presidency thread.

I mean, to change the "who makes the funniest insult about Donald" or "who hates him more" tone of the thread
He also made peace between the Palestinians and Israel virtually impossible by defying international law and declaring Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hey Dwayne! how are you?
Had Obama accomplished something like this he would have won another Nobel
Very glad to see you posting.

Perhaps, but the treaties are small victories whose only relevance is that they give the administration a little credibility. Unfortunately, the time to rack up easy wins is at the beginning of your tenure, not the end. We'll see if it makes a difference come November. Hopefully not.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
He also made peace between the Palestinians and Israel virtually impossible by defying international law and declaring Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
I think he just recognised Jerusalem as Israel´s capital, wich was declared by Israel itself over 70 years ago

taken from wikipedia: "The status of Jerusalem is disputed in both international law and diplomatic practice, with both the Israelis and Palestinians claiming Jerusalem as their capital city.[1][2][3][4] The dispute has been described as "one of the most intractable issues in the Israel–Palestine conflict", with conflicting claims to sovereignty over the city or parts of it, and access to its holy sites.[5] The main dispute revolves around the legal status of East Jerusalem and especially the Old City of Jerusalem, while broader agreement exists regarding future Israeli presence in West Jerusalem in accordance with Israel's internationally recognised borders.[1] The majority of United Nations (UN) member states hold the view that the final status of Jerusalem should be resolved through negotiation, and have therefore favored locating their embassies in Tel Aviv prior to a final status agreement. However, in the late 2010s, the international consensus to abstain from expressing a viewpoint on the city's final status has shown signs of fragility, with Russia, the United States and Australia adopting new policy positions. Furthermore, the proposal that Jerusalem should be the future capital of both Israel and Palestine has also gained international support,[6] with endorsements coming from both the United Nations[7][8] and the European Union.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Very glad to see you posting.

Perhaps, but the treaties are small victories whose only relevance is that they give the administration a little credibility. Unfortunately, the time to rack up easy wins is at the beginning of your tenure, not the end. We'll see if it makes a difference come November. Hopefully not.
well. had he done it at the beginning of the tenure, Democrats would have say that he reaped what they sow

Kaos

I think he just recognised Jerusalem as Israel´s capital, wich was declared by Israel itself over 70 years ago

taken from wikipedia: "The status of Jerusalem is disputed in both international law and diplomatic practice, with both the Israelis and Palestinians claiming Jerusalem as their capital city.[1][2][3][4] The dispute has been described as "one of the most intractable issues in the Israel–Palestine conflict", with conflicting claims to sovereignty over the city or parts of it, and access to its holy sites.[5] The main dispute revolves around the legal status of East Jerusalem and especially the Old City of Jerusalem, while broader agreement exists regarding future Israeli presence in West Jerusalem in accordance with Israel's internationally recognised borders.[1] The majority of United Nations (UN) member states hold the view that the final status of Jerusalem should be resolved through negotiation, and have therefore favored locating their embassies in Tel Aviv prior to a final status agreement. However, in the late 2010s, the international consensus to abstain from expressing a viewpoint on the city's final status has shown signs of fragility, with Russia, the United States and Australia adopting new policy positions. Furthermore, the proposal that Jerusalem should be the future capital of both Israel and Palestine has also gained international support,[6] with endorsements coming from both the United Nations[7][8] and the European Union.
That bolded bit is actually key - future capital of BOTH Israel and Palestine, with the insinuation that East Jerusalem (occupied territory) becomes the Palestinian state's capital. Trump and Kushner have simply gifted all of Jerusalem to the Israelis.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
That bolded bit is actually key - future capital of BOTH Israel and Palestine, with the insinuation that East Jerusalem (occupied territory) becomes the Palestinian state's capital. Trump and Kushner have simply gifted all of Jerusalem to the Israelis.
Imo the key part is “Furthermore, the proposal that Jerusalem should be the future capital of both Israel and Palestine has also gained international support,[6] with endorsements coming from both the United Nations[7][8] and the European Union.” Because it shows that what Trump did was with the support of UN and EU, meaning, it wasnt Trump who made virtually impossible peace between Israel and Palestine and he didnt do it without international agreement

Kaos

Imo the key part is “Furthermore, the proposal that Jerusalem should be the future capital of both Israel and Palestine has also gained international support,[6] with endorsements coming from both the United Nations[7][8] and the European Union.” Because it shows that what Trump did was with the support of UN and EU, meaning, it wasnt Trump who made virtually impossible peace between Israel and Palestine and he didnt do it without international agreement
No it doesn't. The international consensus was to share Jerusalem among both future states, not unilaterally gift all of it to one. His decision was met by international condemnation and derision.

Carolina Red

Staff
i saw the prime ministers of those countries thanking Trump for making it happen
He didn’t make them do it. They wanted to. Israel gets economic benefits and Bahrain and the UAE are going to get a win/win no matter who wins the US election and are in a cozy position for US defense contracts.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
No it doesn't. The international consensus was to share Jerusalem among both future states, not unilaterally gift all of it to one. His decision was met by international condemnation and derision.
Well, you are right. Both states should have agreed to share jerusalem as their capital, mi bad. I should have read that more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.