The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And yet there's now three more non Trump posts complaining about the other non Trump posts......

Anyway.

I'd love to know the percentage of mail in ballots that these people are talking about as being miscounted if Tucker thinks nine wrongly opened votes is mass fraud.

Also, I still firmly believe that the majority of the responses that appear negative against Trump are by pro Trump groups. None of them are relevant to what he's tweeting and are just there to make anti Trumpers appear like irrational moaners. It isn't a new strategy. If you are faced with an issue that puts you in a bad light just make the place as noisy as possible so people either become confused over what the original problem is or just give up caring.

Twitter is also a dumpster fire. "Hey! Trump is lying again about his economic record so let's reply to him with the same shitty meme about being peed on like half a dozen other folk have done today!"

Last edited:

Denis79

Libano

Can you remember the last time you've read anything positive about Trump in your preferred mainstream media source?
Me neither.

Without the existence of strong bias, this is a statistical impossibility. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Are you still convinced you are being served the truth and nothing but the truth?

Finding truth, no matter where you look, is almost impossible in 2020.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can you remember the last time you've read anything positive about Trump in your preferred mainstream media source?
Me neither.

Without the existence of strong bias, this is a statistical impossibility. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Are you still convinced you are being served the truth and nothing but the truth?

I don't have a preferred mainstream media source though, there are dozens that I read and the reason why they report so many negative things about Trump is because he does so many negative things.

The press were pretty positive initially about Trump's "peace deal" until they looked further into it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Me neither.

Finding truth is no harder in 2020 than it has ever been. Truth has always been relative, and the media (mainstream or otherwise - including or maybe even particularly whatever form you follow) has always existed to push an agenda. That doesn't make it a good excuse to ignore all borderline the evil, borderline authoritarian shit Trump says and does.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
The biggest US news network has a near 100% positive Trump coverage.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Me neither.

I was trying to minimise unnecessary stress by paying less attention to the joys of the current President til November. But every now and then there's a post that forces my hand. This is one.

1. You must have forgotten the wall-to-wall coverage of the historic peace talks with North Korea. And now we've made such progress - oh wait they're back doing whatever they want? Ah well.
2. There's also been somewhat mixed coverage - but some positive - on his actions towards TikTok and WeChat - that was literally last week.
3. Parking that - here's the key bit - he's the f*cking President of the United States. It does not deserve celebrating that he's gone one week without insulting a minority (he hasn't), one week without lying about major policy (he hasn't) and one week without trying to ruin actual American Democracy (he hasn't).
4. So when the mainstream media is looking for something to talk about this week, I'm pretty fine with them prioritising what the President has been up to. Here's what he has done that I've seen covered:
- Called out an elected congresswoman as ineffective for not sorting out the country she fled from as a refugee, at 8, and indicating that shows her ineffectiveness
- Lied in no less than 5 public appearances about voter fraud, refusing to produce evidence, in an attempt to supress voting and invalidate results
- Barely managed to type RBG into twitter before bragging about how he'd force a new chief justice through, and immediately said it's because he's expecting the SC to rule on HIS election results
- Publically (and within a few minutes) disagreed with his own experts on the covid plan
- Oh yeah, he also threw then entire US electoral system into question by refusing to agree to a peaceful transition of power

Now listen, in between all that he did manage to get a couple rounds of golf in - and you know what - you may have a point as I've been unable to find anything on his back 9 performances.

We're literally witnessing a point in history that - if he succeeds - scholars will look back on on as the descent from democracy to autocracy and you're whining about how the coverage seems a bit much? It's like celebrating that the school bully didn't punch anyone today, and then wondering why your kid keeps coming home bloody.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
bias works both ways. fox viewers are being played just as much as bbc viewers.
So when you posted that you never "read anything positive about Trump in your preferred mainstream media source" just prior, were you lying or unaware of this fact?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Who was the guy on here who thought people were overreacting when stating that trump won't willingly leave office if he loses? Said there's nothing he could do about it?

Would genuinely love to hear his thoughts now.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Me neither.

Trump is the architect of the no truth anymore movement by literally calling anything that doesn’t paint him as a God ‘fake news’

Tell me, when was the last time he actually did something positive? It’s almost all negative because it IS almost all negative.

GiddyUp

:lol: :lol:

never seen it before
of course, there are people that just need a nudge to become facists
but i honestly think, most people wont
A majority of Trump supporters where fine with him suspending the election if "he" deemed it necessary. I feel you have not being paying attention to anything in American politics over the last decade. What's your opinion on Mitch McConnell?

GiddyUp

Well someone here said "Right wingers are fecking idiots!"

The most liberalist people I know are people who have escaped from communist regimes. You can also be a classical right winger or a conservative and be completely against Trump.
That was me, and they are. They are misinformed the majority of the time. I've literally had conversations with some and shown them concrete proof of what I am saying and they just say " that's your opinion", yes, it is based on fecking facts.

Libano

That was me, and they are. They are misinformed the majority of the time. I've literally had conversations with some and shown them concrete proof of what I am saying and they just say " that's your opinion", yes, it is based on fecking facts.
That was me and you just yelled without showing actual proof.

I know it’s hard in 2020 to disagree without getting personal. Try anyway.

GiddyUp

Mocking people gets a bad rep. Nothing wrong with it. I call my right wing friends cheap cnuts for wanting lower taxes and they call me a commie bastard. All in good fun.
I call them idiots, if I was mocking I would be laughing at them but I'm not. Ask any trump supporter today who's foundation is above board, trump's or Clinton's and see which answer you get. A constructive conversation with people like that is pointless. This thread highlights that fact brilliantly.

GiddyUp

i understand that Lula wasnt all clean, but as far as i know he guided brazil very well
i wont pretend to know more than you about him, but as i remember he made brazil great again

runs for cover
Haha, touche. Mate I think we can all agree that giving massive amounts of power to just one person is flawed as we are all human. Left or right, if not checked or pushed to do the right thing can leave you exposed to influence that will push you to do things you wouldn't normally consider.
Like Trump, he really is a fecking idiot and a p ok political novice. In 2015 he didn't even know who John Boehner was. But the cnuts around him like Miller and Bannon have helped him create this fecking shit show. We literally have some of the worst people possible in charge of the people's business.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Please go ahead and show proof that the BBC is as biased as Fox.

You made the assertion. Now, back it up with proof.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Haha, touche. Mate I think we can all agree that giving massive amounts of power to just one person is flawed as we are all human. Left or right, if not checked or pushed to do the right thing can leave you exposed to influence that will push you to do things you wouldn't normally consider.
Like Trump, he really is a fecking idiot and a p ok political novice. In 2015 he didn't even know who John Boehner was. But the cnuts around him like Miller and Bannon have helped him create this fecking shit show. We literally have some of the worst people possible in charge of the people's business.
i agree with you except in one thing
Trump is not a fecking idiot, he is as smart as it gets, he knows how to play de political game and he is doing it great
he is a cnut, he should be stopped, but IMHO it's very wrong to think that he is stupid
Plus the bastard is the luckiest son of a bitch i have ever seen, come on, RBG dying less that two months before the election? giving him the oportunity to appoint a SCOTUS that might play a "bush vs gore" decision?

GiddyUp

You had a few Germans come to this thread and say you are talking fecking shite, and you were. It seems you don't "do your research".
How do you know I yelled? I'm Irish, using profanities is my culture, so I will politely say you don't know what you are fecking talking about.

GiddyUp

i agree with you except in one thing
Trump is not a fecking idiot, he is as smart as it gets, he knows how to play de political game and he is doing it great
he is a cnut, he should be stopped, but IMHO it's very wrong to think that he is stupid
Plus the bastard is the luckiest son of a bitch i have ever seen, come on, RBG dying less that two months before the election? giving him the oportunity to appoint a SCOTUS that might play a "bush vs gore" decision?
Wrong, "as smart as it gets". Ffs sake, what's wrong with you? If he didnt have a criminally compliant Senate we would have a president Pelosi right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.