The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Haha considering the stuff they already got caught with both in government and in the Trump organization I wouldn't be surprised if they're dumb enough to leave plenty of material. Especially because Donnie doesnt seem to understand how vast the government and the records it keeps is. Of course none of that matters if those with the power to do something with it continue to absolve him and his company.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He won't care if it's a landslide defeat and without doubt. He'll deny both of those things, refuse to concede, launch a thousand law-suits ,dog-whistle the far-right militias and call on both the police and military to back him.

He will go to any lengths, bar none, to try and avoid being removed. IMO there will be chaos, wide-spread violence, murder, arson, kidnappings and more. I hope I'm wrong.
So basically a Tuesday then.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That's correct! More or less. Dutch was his first language, though of course he was still born in the US.
From what I recall (but I might be wrong), English wasn't actually as dominant in the US in the past as you'd think now. For example, if I remember correctly, a bit before WWII (or was it WWI?) there were still lots of German speakers and German-language media. Those wars really helped cement English as the one and only national language. (Although I have no idea about the development of Spanish in the southern half of the US.) English as a national language is anyway not in the constitution or any law, right?

This is relevant because Trump was Drumpf. Obviously.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
From what I recall (but I might be wrong), English wasn't actually as dominant in the US in the past as you'd think now. For example, if I remember correctly, a bit before WWII (or was it WWI?) there were still lots of German speakers and German-language media. Those wars really helped cement English as the one and only national language. (Although I have no idea about the development of Spanish in the southern half of the US.) English as a national language is anyway not in the constitution or any law, right?

This is relevant because Trump was Drumpf. Obviously.
There was pro-German sentiment before those wars due to heritage, but English had been ensconced as the unofficial language of commerce and education long before that. That’s a bit like saying the world wars cemented the US as a republic instead of communist, which was also popular here then, when we were already a republic long before.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At that point you should have pulled in front and gone 5 mph.

As a side note I found a trumper on my street. Mind you that Madison is liberal as you can get, so 90% of the houses on our street have Biden signs. I should have known. It’s the house of the family that never waves as they drive by, never goes for walks, and has the tattered American flag hanging from the garage.
My brother is in Smyrna. He says that in his neighborhood there were maybe half a dozen trump flags/signs. After the televised debate, 5 of the houses removed the trump stuff. I hope that’s a good indicator

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Did you guys know that 85% of people that wear masks get Covid-19? I'm f*cked!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's not just of the moment. I remember about 7 years ago as a forum mod having to patiently explain to an American that no I wasn't restricting his second amendment rights by limiting his posting on a private forum.
It would be interesting to hear how my fellow citizen couched how his / her First Amendment rights as being trampled, I’m sure there was some righteous indignation there as well as (s)he being convinced they were in the right when they brought the argument to you.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
There was pro-German sentiment before those wars due to heritage, but English had been ensconced as the unofficial language of commerce and education long before that. That’s a bit like saying the world wars cemented the US as a republic instead of communist, which was also popular here then, when we were already a republic long before.
Ah OK - thanks.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Did you 100% of people who drink water will die? We are all doomed
It's totally wrong. But the President said it to 10's of millions of people last night, and then stuck with it when challenged, so at least a few million will now believe it.

Fridge chutney

Twitter Is about ten minutes old you fecking halfwit. (Him noyou Chutney).

He’s such a scared little bitch.
Trump rants on and on about fake news, and he literally retweets a parody news network whose twitter tagline is: "Fake news you can trust."

I just hope he sets a record for biggest ever loss in a presidential election for a president.

And to do so against the most underwhelming democratic nominee I've seen in my lifetime would take a catastrophic demonstration of ineptitude and incompetence.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Trump rants on and on about fake news, and he literally retweets a parody news network whose twitter tagline is: "Fake news you can trust."

I just hope he sets a record for biggest ever loss in a presidential election for a president.

And to do so against the most underwhelming democratic nominee I've seen in my lifetime would take a catastrophic demonstration of ineptitude and incompetence.
Well you can check that off the list, but the fact he even has a chance is mind boggling.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Couple of other headlines on that site:

Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If She Is A Witch

Man Forced To Resign As Patriarch After Failing To Bring All Groceries Inside In One Trip

Trump Attempts To Catch Hunter Biden In Trap Labeled 'Free Crack'

Mark Zuckerberg Pops Out Of Man's Shower To Warn Him The Story He's Reading Is Fake News

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
fecking hell, he's so fecking dumb. He really ate the onion.

That's not just an incredibly obvious satire site, it even admits to being satire in its About section!

From the actual article :lol:

Dorsey ran downstairs and started smashing as many computers as he could, but he did need to ask for some help, as the hammer was pretty heavy. None of the programmers could lift the hammer, either. Eventually, they managed to program a robot to pick up the sledgehammer and smash the servers.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The man who had access to a briefcase that lets him launch nuclear missiles. The man who is in control of trillions of dollars worth of assets. The man who can determine the lives of hundreds of millions of people for a generation...

...falls for a an article from an obviously satirical website.

The worst thing is that there will be loads of people who will make this site their new homepage, and replace OANN as their go-to source for news.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
From the actual article :lol:

Dorsey ran downstairs and started smashing as many computers as he could, but he did need to ask for some help, as the hammer was pretty heavy. None of the programmers could lift the hammer, either. Eventually, they managed to program a robot to pick up the sledgehammer and smash the servers.
:lol:

Cue "what the president meant was..." and "he was being sarcastic".

Carolina Red

Staff
The man who had access to a briefcase that lets him launch nuclear missiles. The man who is in control of trillions of dollars worth of assets. The man who can determine the lives of hundreds of millions of people for a generation...

...falls for a an article from an obviously satirical website.

The worst thing is that there will be loads of people who will make this site their new homepage, and replace OANN as their go-to source for news.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have a hard time believing a man who thinks you can inject bleach, nuke hurricanes, etc., etc., etc., knows what the word satire means, let alone that this was it. 4D chess? I would be surprised if he knew how to play tic tac toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.