The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUp

It will cost them nothing to speak out. Republicans will vote for Republicans regardless of who they are. They could end this today and move on.

MadMike

Don't know how others feel but as a black man, Tim Scott disgusts me the most one that list.
If you can still muster such strong feelings, like disgust, then you haven't hit bottom yet.

He's a politician. As we have all learned over time, ethics in politics is a very rare commodity. You don't survive long in this game if you're guided by ethics. While Scott's silence might seem more egregious (because of Trump's blatant racism and attempts at suppression of black votes) his failure to speak out against him just shows he's guided by the same principle as all the others. Their loyalty is only to themselves. It's so predictable that for me it's hard to muster any strong feelings when I see politicians betraying their community (and identity) to protect their jobs. I'm mostly numb to this by now.

Drifter

American
It will cost them nothing to speak out. Republicans will vote for Republicans regardless of who they are. They could end this today and move on.
It would cost them Trump's base, and therefore power. Republicans love power.

MadMike

Not so sure. They will disenfranchise Trump's base which could seriously affect their re-election hopes. I think you underestimate the amount of infiltration the Trump cult has achieved on the Republican voter base.

Kaos

Not if you're one of the two Georgian congressional incumbents.

Or anyone who wants to inherit Trump's soon-to-be homeless base.

The Republicans knew this would come back to haunt them the moment Trump became their nominee in 2016. Its why its mostly former/outgoing GOP politicians who've been outspoken.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The lack of interest Trump is showing in the runoffs just shows the man never gave a deck about the party and they know it.

Adisa

If you can still muster such strong feelings, like disgust, then you haven't hit bottom yet.

He's a politician. As we have all learned over time, ethics in politics is a very rare commodity. You don't survive long in this game if you're guided by ethics. While Scott's silence might seem more egregious (because of Trump's blatant racism and attempts at suppression of black votes) his failure to speak out against him just shows he's guided by the same principle as all the others. Their loyalty is only to themselves. It's so predictable that for me it's hard to muster any strong feelings when I see politicians betraying their community (and identity) to protect their jobs. I'm mostly numb to this by now.
I know and you are right but don't know why his own particular case upsets me.
"I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. ... I think he misspoke, I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak,"
Look at that ffs!
And as I was saying about the runoffs

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
^That kind of shit will be used by those 21 pricks as a foundation for their Post-Trump strategy.
At least it would mean the GOP would turn its back to Trumpism; cause if it doesn't, then having thought ill of Trump won't be good for your future. Trump and his people are butt-hurt so easily! (that honour principle post of @oneniltothearsenal was very good)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Comey on the pee-tapes.

Last edited:

MadMike

And as I was saying about the runoffs
Yes please daddy, more. Withhold all your votes for Republican senators.

Even Daily Mail readers have had enough of Trump...

I never thought I'd agree with a DM comment section ever in my life :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not related to Trump, but since he is the Dutch version of Trump it fits the thread. Thierry Baudet just resigned as leader of his alt right shitstain of a party after crying that their youth department is being too harshly persecuted for being actual fecking nazi's.

Happy days.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
A deal has been stuck and trump will officially be pardoned for all crimes if he quietly walks away? Yep I've been thinking that for a while. Plus a couple million in his accounts to save him and his spawn from starving.

Amarsdd

A deal has been stuck and trump will officially be pardoned for all crimes if he quietly walks away? Yep I've been thinking that for a while. Plus a couple million in his accounts to save him and his spawn from starving.
I don't see the Biden doing that, at least I hope not. Trump is the public enemy number 1 and if he pardons him, I can see Democrats performing very very poorly in the midterms as it will completely demoralize the base. Actually, Biden doesn't need to do anything, just let SDNY do their job.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Nope, I reckon the Repubs have realised the more this continues the more it will hurt them in the senate race in Georgia.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
But he hasn't. He hasn't conceded defeat and has said he'll keep on fighting, presumably through his endless law-suits.

My guess is that the GSA woman decided she couldn't hold out any longer and informed Trump of this - and so he had no choice but to put the best face possible on it by pretending that it's all being done on his recommendation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pardon terms... would Trump need to be charged federally to pardon himself/receive a pardon?

How could one be pardoned if no crimes charged?
I don't think a pardon would work since he would still be on the hook with the state of NY and SDNY, and even worse, he would basically be advertising that he broke the law and was forced to self-pardon in order to avoid going to jail, which would damage his brand with his base. There's really no way for him to get out of this without some sort of legal sanction.

Adisa

Trump thinks Giuliani is playing games.
Someone is not getting paid.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not related to Trump, but since he is the Dutch version of Trump it fits the thread. Thierry Baudet just resigned as leader of his alt right shitstain of a party after crying that their youth department is being too harshly persecuted for being actual fecking nazi's.

Happy days.
Yeah, right? Went to the news, one headline says Trump Puts Transition In Motion, another Baudet Resigns As FvD Elections Lead. What a day!

(He did not actually rwign as leader of the party and still leads their group in parliament btw. Also, he'll run on a low spot in the list of candidates (lijstduwer), so as long as that remains true, he can still make it back into parliament through personal votes (voorkeursstemmen). So it could've better, but it's a good start!)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
But he hasn't. He hasn't conceded defeat and has said he'll keep on fighting, presumably through his endless law-suits.

My guess is that the GSA woman decided she couldn't hold out any longer and informed Trump of this - and so he had no choice but to put the best face possible on it by pretending that it's all being done on his recommendation.
Which is why he sold her down the river in the process. Some Twitterati speculation that he didn’t write tweets, though.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What are the chances? Giuliani turns out to be a deep state plant? Or says he was? Trump campaigns against R’s in Georgia? Declares himself a “Dem”. Us and Dem? Some more surprises left; let’s hope they are good ones.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, right? Went to the news, one headline says Trump Puts Transition In Motion, another Baudet Resigns As FvD Elections Lead. What a day!

(He did not actually rwign as leader of the party and still leads their group in parliament btw. Also, he'll run on a low spot in the list of candidates (lijstduwer), so as long as that remains true, he can still make it back into parliament through personal votes (voorkeursstemmen). So it could've better, but it's a good start!)
Yeah, he might get back through voorkeursstemmen, but seeing him suffer in any sort of way really nurtures my soul. I can hardly desribe how much I detest Baudet. Hell, he makes Geert Wilders seem sort of sympathetic.

SirAF

Ageist
Ah yes the inevitable turning on Giuliani once he's no more of use to him, who saw that coming a mile away?
Imagine being Giuliani, embarrassing himself in front of the whole world only for Trump to shaft him and not pay him :lol:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Murphy was due to meet Katie Porter (and her famous whiteboard) yesterday, or to at least respond to her in writing giving details on why she refused to release the funds and why she was holding up the Biden transition and the peaceful transfer of power.

She didn't turn up and offered to send her assistant sometime next week. She was then threatened with a subpoena and there were rumours of an official Congressional hearing being threatened too.

That coupled with the countless death threats she received was probably what tipped her over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.