The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I do, he's a a completely shitbag.
If I was American i'd hate him. But being English I have my hate points all used up on Farage and Boris.
I think there's a difference between disliking a person and hating them.
Hate to me means 1) you care about them 2) everything they do affects you in some way 3) you wish them nothing but ill will.

I think there's a lot of us who don't like his personality, his political rhetoric and what it's done to galvanise his supporters but none of us actually know him to hate him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah, it certainly is. The difference between the outgoing and incoming administrations is like night and day. The honour, respect and professionalism was something to be admired. He was also exceptionally humble most of the time and deeply considerate, sometimes too much, but he was and is a true gentleman and someone the USA can be proud of.

If you agree with his tenure or policies matters not, he was universally admired, respected and loved around the world. He constantly tried to extend olive branches (Iran, Cuba) and always tried to avoid military action. Each time he spoke about whatever problem, be it a school shooting or addressing the nation after winning the elections, he was always captivating, humble and honest. He will go down as one of the greatest Presidents in US history.
Where do you live? This is not my impression of most peoples' view of Obama.

Neutral

BTV
No American President is going to be massively popular the world over...that's just what happens you happen to be a superpower and flex your muscles across the world.

Obama is more popular than Bush and will be more popular than Trump. Not sure he can take all the credit for that....he just happened to land in a pretty sweet spot :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think there's a difference between disliking a person and hating them.
Hate to me means 1) you care about them 2) everything they do affects you in some way 3) you wish them nothing but ill will.

I think there's a lot of us who don't like his personality, his political rhetoric and what it's done to galvanise his supporters but none of us actually know him to hate him.
Well whenever I see Farage on Television or on the Interweb I want to throw stuff against a wall. I feel utter contempt for Boris as well, both have directly effected my life (imo for the worse). So if I was American and had this utter cretin as my Political Leader then I would also hate him. He's precisely the type of person I loathe in real life. Egotistical arseholes who believes they're above everyone else and treat women like trophies. He's the exact opposite of my unwritten moral code.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
These protests look quite...naff. Police just look more bored and annoyed than anything else.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well whenever I see Farage on Television or on the Interweb I want to throw stuff against a wall. I feel utter contempt for Boris as well, both have directly effected my life (imo for the worse). So if I was American and had this utter cretin as my Political Leader then I would also hate him. He's precisely the type of person I loathe in real life. Egotistical arseholes who believes they're above everyone else and treat women like trophies. He's the exact opposite of my unwritten moral code.
Oh yeah I can't stand him I agree completely, I just don't know if hate is the right emotion for that.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
These protests look quite...naff. Police just look more bored and annoyed than anything else.
Any time protests are actually more than just a silent demonstration, the protesters are labelled rioters/thugs/low lives etc.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yeah, I actually hate both of those lads, particulary Farage. No redeeming feature whatsoever.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
While we're tweet-mining, this is great.

A thought that could only come from the very simple mind of a man with a serious inferiority complex about the size of his hands.
Actually, and I can't believe I'm coming to the defense of Drumpf here, shaking hands is a very common spread of contagions.

Status
Not open for further replies.