The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Actually, and I can't believe I'm coming to the defense of Drumpf here, shaking hands is a very common spread of contagions.
True, although anyone working in hospital now is not supposed to wear a tie or a long-sleeved shirt. I won't hold my breath for a tweet from the bloated orange bastard about the latter. He seems to wear deliberately long shirt cuffs to hide aforementioned undersized hands.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
wonder what would've happened if he ran as 3rd party like Perot in 1992 after being betrayed by the DNC. do you think he would've siphoned more votes from trump or hillary?
Nope, purely because money and power dictate parity in America. It's a 2 party system and the electoral college makes it almost impossible for a 3rd party candidate to win.

He needed to be the Democratic representative.

But more Hilary voters would've voted for Bernie, just not enough.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
wonder what would've happened if he ran as 3rd party like Perot in 1992 after being betrayed by the DNC. do you think he would've siphoned more votes from trump or hillary?
Hillary and by a long way
The only difference would be that trump would also have the most votes in total as well as in the electoral college

Winrar

Nope, purely because money and power dictate parity in America. It's a 2 party system and the electoral college makes it almost impossible for a 3rd party candidate to win.

He needed to be the Democratic representative.
You're right.

still have no clue why DNC abandoned him as he clearly had more organic support in the democratic platform. really idiotic move from their part.

starman

So the people protesting Trump's presidency, because they feel he spreads fear and is insulting, decide to dress up in black wearing balaclava's and smash shit...

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You're right.

still have no clue why DNC abandoned him as he clearly had more organic support in the democratic platform. really idiotic move from their part.
I could be wrong on this but the leaked emails suggested that it was always going to be Hillary. Obama wasn't meant to win, Hillary was. But since he did, the DNC promised Hillary another run after his time was up.

MTF

You're right.

I'm not trying to be mean, but that's only true in hindsight. At the time the rejection of Donald Trump seemed enough to ensure that any candidate the Dems put forward could win. And with that said, Bernie's wasn't a Dem until just months before. From the point of view of people who've dedicated most of their time to running the party and making it successful, any late-comer just seems like kind of a hijacker and you'll resist them.

Winrar

I'm not trying to be mean, but that's only true in hindsight. At the time the rejection of Donald Trump seemed enough to ensure that any candidate the Dems put forward could win. And with that said, Bernie's wasn't a Dem until just months before. From the point of view of people who've dedicated most of their time to running the party and making it successful, any late-comer just seems like kind of a hijacker and you'll resist them.
moral of the story is, don't be overconfident.

Adebesi

Yeah I remember at one point thinking someone as left wing as Bernie couldnt win in America and that Clinton was therefore a better choice. I didnt understand the depth of feeling against her, or to be fair how impressive he is, at that point. But as @MTF says if you add in the fact he wasnt even a Dem the decision doesnt look quite as idiotic in the context of the time.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
CNN decides to 'listen in' to Pence and Biden leaving the white house. Cuts to microphone held next to a loudly thrumming car engine..

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Some Trump supporter on Sky just said "I remember when we used to eat dinner with our families..." before being cut off, is this the member-berries that South Park was satirizing (haven't seen the new season yet)?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Oh yes, I despise the fecker.
:lol: There's a few of you for sure. I don't hate him yet, because I don't believe everything he said as a candidate he truly believes or will progress with.
Now if that changes as a President, I'll hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.