Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol: even the national anthem was terrible

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am hugely amused by how a country that has been so inventive and decisive for tech and science still can be so backwards when it comes to religion.

I guess a lot of it has to do with a lot of their original settlers being "outcasts" in Europe for their weird religious ways (look at all the types of Christians you have in the US compared to us in Europe), and that shit just took root in their society.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
The speech was good for the twats that lapped that stuff up all along. And that's exactly what I expect his presidency to be aimed at.. he's going to be doing that makes him look good (at least on the face of it) to those people....which is scary

And motherfckers act like they forgot about Dre.
Which is why I think this 'He'll be good and he'll be pivot for the center' bollocks infuriating. He'll do things for the people who voted for him. Idiots who voted for him or the third party and called it the protest vote deserves to be shot no, but at least a thorough whipping

Winrar

I am hugely amused by how a country that has been so inventive and decisive for tech and science still can be so backwards when it comes to religion.

I guess a lot of it has to do with a lot of their original settlers being "outcasts" in Europe for their weird religious ways (look at all the types of Christians you have in the US compared to us in Europe), and that shit just took root in their society.
I feel that the resurgence of christianity in the US in the 80s under Reagan is still taking place today.

Smores

Uninspiring. Spread fear, message that everything is broken but he'll fix it & that America is the beginning & the end. Awful.

Can't wait until the fecker is impeached.
Whilst Obama's speech was certainly inspiring it still had very much the same narrative to it that you've just called out. Just a difference in quality

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
So he genuinely wants big building projects. Probably with him making huge corrupt personal gains off the back end of it. All the while reducing taxes. Making American bankrupt in the long term but short term, making him and his cronnies rich and boosting the economy.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The criticisms of content on here seem a bit odd as Obama's wasn't that different in content, every

Whilst Obama's speech was certainly inspiring it still had very much the same narrative to it that you've just called out. Just a difference in quality
So Obama's speech was more inspirational and much better quality. Isn't that what people are saying?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am not pro Trump, his mad ramblings the last months has put me solidly in the against camp, but still I can't help to feel that media \ people and everyone is going a bit OTT in their criticism of him sometimes.

I mean, everything he does is attacked and scrutinized and portrayed in the worst way possible.

Just look at something so banal as him having a McD and some KFC the other day, that was portrayed and ridiculed as some lack of class. But if Obama did it it would be all "look at him being one of the people and totally unpretentious."

It just goes a bit OTT at times. Don't be mistaken, the guy is way out there, it just gets to be a bit much with the justified indignation and moral outrage sometimes.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I am not pro Trump, his mad ramblings the last months has put me solidly in the against camp, but still I can't help to feel that media \ people and everyone is going a bit OTT in their criticism of him sometimes.

I mean, everything he does is attacked and scrutinized and portrayed in the worst way possible.

Just look at something so banal as him having a McD and some KFC the other day, that was portrayed and ridiculed as some lack of class. But if Obama did it it would be all "look at him being one of the people and totally unpretentious."

It just goes a bit OTT at times. Don't be mistaken, the guy is way out there, it just gets to be a bit much with the justified indignation and moral outrage sometimes.
He brought it on himself. Words matter. He'd soon find that out at a G7/G8 summit.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Who’s Paying for Inauguration Parties? Companies and Lobbyists With a Lot at Stake

CORPORATE INTERESTS THAT were largely reluctant to embrace Donald Trump during the presidential campaign last year are finally opening their checkbooks to underwrite the festivities sweeping Washington, D.C., to welcome his incoming administration.

Firms with a great deal riding on the major policy agenda items of the next four years have lined up to sponsor the endless parade of hors d’oeuvres and open bars at parties across the city.

Topping the list are firms with interests in pharmaceuticals, oil, and defense contracting — highly regulated industries that have much at stake with ongoing policy discussions over drug pricing, environmental regulations, and the defense sequester.

Several events list ride-sharing companies Lyft or Uber as special transportation partners. Both firms face regulatory hurdles to accessing municipal markets and in terms of gaining approval for the next generation self-driving car technologies.

Lobbying shops are also sponsoring several balls. The DCI Group, a lobby shop that represents Verizon and Exxon Mobil, is helping sponsor a party for the Iowa delegation that includes Gov. Terry Branstad, Trump’s nominee to server as ambassador to China.

The Inaugural Heartland Ball, a party with at least 35 members of Congress hailing from Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin on its honorary committee, is sponsored by Abbott Laboratories, a major drug firm, and Motorola Solutions, which provides services for law enforcement, each contributing $25,000. Agricultural firms ADM, Monsanto, and CME Group, a private exchange for crop futures, each paid $15,000.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, that's definitely happening. And it's tempting to push back when you see it. Then I remember the guy's a war-mongering, lying, misogynist shite-hawk and any urge I have to speak up on his behalf immediately goes away.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Lots of people who Trump criticized in his speech were present there. The whole thing is so fake and cringey and there are still too many people who eat that up.

Smores

So Obama's speech was more inspirational and much better quality. Isn't that what people are saying?
It's part of what they're saying sure...i was addressing the thematic complaints.

Sure people can go read Obamas speech to compare, i was bored at work so did it earlier

Fergies Gum

In terms of trying to heal the wounds and bringing people together, this was a complete joke of a speech and one of the worst speeches he could have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.