The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
There's something I don't understand. Right wing comes up with legendary conspiracy theories and outright hate speech and it's all fine and it's left to the late night comedians to make fun of, but as soon as the liberals issue a call to arms, everybody is worried about tolerance :lol:
It's idiotic when the right do it.

It's idiotic when the left do it.

That's his point.

Smores

When Obama took over, the country was right in the midst of an economic crisis, so his speech genuinely made sense.
Most of us here were impassioned by Bernie because the world still is in a horrible place. Odd to now say it's fine just because Trump says otherwise.

Anyway feck it, third time today i've been dragged into defending Trump *shudder* when all i was trying to do was make a pragmatic point.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I've kind of understood this labelling of people populist, but it never really resonated.
Today I felt it, thirties images just unavoidable

I hope to god no one bumps him off early on, with a martyr and hero behind them his supporters would be unstoppable.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Most of us here were impassioned by Bernie because the world still is in a horrible place. Odd to now say it's fine just because Trump says otherwise.

Anyway feck it, third time today i've been dragged into defending Trump *shudder* when all i was trying to do was make a pragmatic point.
Nobody is saying it's not, but the contrast between 2008 and 2016 is vast.

Neutral

BTV
I've kind of understood this labelling of people populist, but it never really resonated.
Today I felt it, thirties images just unavoidable

I hope to god no one bumps him off early on, with a martyr and hero behind them his supporters would be unstoppable.
Pence is scarier than Trump. Trump doesn't give a feck about God - Pence truly believes Christianity should not only prevail in the US but all over the world.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Seems silly to obsess over something like that.

Trump has plenty of flaws( okay...more than many). He gives his critics enough ammunition with proper things. Not the picture in a twitter handle.
Obsess? Who obsessed over anything?

It was a tongue-in-cheek observation that nobody will remember in a few hours time.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
man we bleed patriotism...every weekend...every sporting event all year around, right from school level up the professionals. We're flag waving mentalists.

TEAM AMERICA FFS...talk about pandering
Yeah I mean, America is a lot of things but patriotism is probably the most Americanist thing ever.

Winrar

There's something I don't understand. Right wing comes up with legendary conspiracy theories and outright hate speech and it's all fine and it's left to the late night comedians to make fun of, but as soon as the liberals issue a call to arms, everybody is worried about tolerance :lol:
calling to disrupt the inauguration, smashing windows, making up hoax hate crimes is not a "call to arms", and no amount of "hate speech" from the right justifies such actions. if it is, then that's exactly why I fear the radical left because they've legitimized such violent/useless methods of protest and/or the likes of you weren't entirely joking about "whipping trump supporters".

speaking of right wingers... I haven't even said anything about right wingers and their hate speech but you've failed miserably if you tried to insinuate that I'm a hypocrite, because I'm not a right winger. I don't even know which "hate speech" you're specifically talking about - is it racist? homophobic? - you'll need to be more specific, though I'm not dismissing your concerns, and I do denounce all hate speeches whether they're coming from left or right.

maybe I'm being too serious (well can you blame me because I LIVE in the country where Trump just became the President), but we can surely have a serious discussion without putting each other down and resorting to green smiley faces, can't we?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Maybe they used that picture because it wasn't raining that day. Maybe it was from a better angle.

People are amused by the silliest things. And I'd say exactly the same if Obama had done the same.
Mate you're the one spending far more time on it than was necessary.

And people being amused by the silliest things is subjective relative to what they find interest in, so thats a pretty broad point.

Status
Not open for further replies.