The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camilo

A myriad of reasons. To piss him off. To show Americans that we don't like or tolerate his shit either and we stand with them and feel their pain. To show him that there are places around the world that will stand up to his bullying. To show May and her government that we disagree with the visit AND that any arsekissery will result in lost votes. (This is the main aspect that baffles me in the US with the Republicans, they can see how disliked he is and how toxic he is and how sticking with him brings a huge chance of losing votes and donors yet they either stick with him or stay silent like cowards knowing it could destroy their party in November, It's pathetic)

As previously said too, this is so much more than just standing against Trump. It's standing against everything he stands for such as adultery, sexism and misogyny, racism and xenophobia, the separating of children from parents, removal of transgender from the military and taking rights from the LGBTQ community. Empowering white supremacists just for their votes, pathological lying, destruction of the environment purely for greed, corruption, destruction of obamacare and the constant slagging and misrepresentation and lying about universal healthcare. The trade wars and tariffs, the gun laws and pro NRA bullshit, the disrespect to NFL athletes protesting a sincere and real problem, the constant siding with Israel and the Russia connection etc..... I could go on for hours. The people over here after being royally fecked by Brexit are standing up and saying NO! Enough is enough. We don't like this shit, you don't represent our views or wishes and like feck are we going to make a cnut like Trump feel welcome and further empower the dickheads who have either fallen for his bullshit or those who agree with it anyway because they think just like he does.

Bollocks to that. Although I'm sure he will pivot any day soon.
It's not standing against anything. Trump is an irrelevance, he'll be gone in a few years and that'll be that. Nothing we do in Britain means anything to him. The only thing it can possibly achieve is to irritate an irritable and petulant man. Ain't that going to do us a world of good.

We have an actual cluster feck of a problem in Brexit and our incompetent government. In 10 months it could all go tits up. And we're all out patting each other on the back, "ain't Trump bad, yeah I agree, ain't we great", it's fecking embarrassing. It's childish. It's irrelevant. Enough is enough? What, a fecking balloon and a few thousand banners? It's cringeworthy. Yes he's a twat, it's not his fault OUR government rolled out the red carpet - protest them. Protest our country. It's a vanity protest, and it's pathetic. It was like a bloody carnival today.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It's not standing against anything. Trump is an irrelevance, he'll be gone in a few years and that'll be that. Nothing we do in Britain means anything to him. The only thing it can possibly achieve is to irritate an irritable and petulant man. Ain't that going to do us a world of good.

We have an actual cluster feck of a problem in Brexit and our incompetent government. In 10 months it could all go tits up. And we're all out patting each other on the back, "ain't Trump bad, yeah I agree, ain't we great", it's fecking embarrassing. It's childish. It's irrelevant. Enough is enough? What, a fecking balloon and a few thousand banners? It's cringeworthy. Yes he's a twat, it's not his fault OUR government rolled out the red carpet - protest them. Protest our country. It's a vanity protest, and it's pathetic. It was like a bloody carnival today.
You completely missed the point of everything, the protest and my post. May I ask what exactly you are doing about it all? other than just knocking people for actually trying to do something and using their voices to stand against what they perceive as the biggest threat to the world at the moment.

I'm sincery interested btw, that wasn't sarcasm or a rhetorical question.

Btw, Trump isn't a fecking irrelevance at all. He's a nightmare for the entire world. Dismissing him so naively and passively is the reason why many are out protesting in the first place.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You had a point when you stated that people should get just as motivated to make their Brexit feelings felt, but now you're just being an ass. It's not embarrassing, cringe, childish, irrelevant, pathetic or any other negative adjective you feel like adding...

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

The bloke used a state visit to our country to advocate white nationalist points and you think he's irrelevant to us?

langster

Scout

this person should not be allowed to eat a meal in public
Agreed.

You had a point when you stated that people should get just as motivated to make their Brexit feelings felt, but now you're just being an ass. It's not embarrassing, cringe, childish, irrelevant, pathetic or any other negative adjective you feel like adding...
The bloke used a state visit to our country to advocate white nationalist points and you think he's irrelevant to us?
Exactly. Notice the crickets in reply when asked what they are doing other than knocking the protesters on a forum. Trump is irrelevant? Tell that to the millions affected by his hateful policies. Tell that to the kids and parents who are all apart tonight wondering where each other is and if they will ever see each other again. feck. The man is evil. fecking irrelevant, he's the complete opposite.

Fridge chutney

I quoted both of you :D

Him because I agreed with him and you and the other guy because I didn't see the need in picking out his comment about lip service, his point still stands. The lip service is meaningless...
But his point wasn't that Trump paying lip service is meaningless. That's your point and I agree with it. Trump paying lip service is meaningless a) because Trump is a pathological liar and b) he will do what is in the USA's best interest with respect to a trade deal with the UK. On evidence that will mean making demands for UK trade concessions.

The poster prefaced his point with a factually incorrect statement. And more relevantly, I fundamentally disagree with the notion that Trump is doing the UK a favour with his behaviour: blackmailing/strongarming May to take a bad trade deal with Europe. Unless the favour is that Trump is declaring himself an obvious cnut and therefore the UK should do everything it can to work out trade deals with EU, Canada, etc independent of what happens with the US. But that assumes the UK/May would not have done this anyway.

Now for that all important 3rd place play off.
:(

langster

Scout
The UK should eat humble pie and go begging to the EU. It should try to make as many deals with EU countries as possible then it should extend to China and Japan and Canada etc.... it should completely ignore the USA.

Oscie

/\
Knowing nothing of politics in the UK, is there a majority in power right now that could nix Brexit and go to the EU for forgiveness?
Basically the state of UK politics is that we have a government who thinks they can negotiate a magical deal with all of the current benefits and none of the obligations of membership who insist Brexit must happen regardless of consequence. And an opposition who thinks they can negotiate a magical deal with all the current benefits and none of the obligations of membership who insist Brexit must happen regardless of consequence.

Meanwhile a tremendous amount of energy is being spent by supporters/sycophants on each side insisting there's a material difference between the two above positions and attacking anyone who ventures otherwise.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Yet totally unsurprising. Are people still questioning why we might want to protest Trump? To push back against shite like this.
Absolutely. And I'm delighted to read we told Wilders he could feck off if he wanted security here.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Speaking of Tommy...

[or that might actually be a pic of thousands of Egyptian Muslims praying in Cairo's Tahrir Square in 2011, so hard to know what the truth is these days...]

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Speaking of Tommy...

[or that might actually be a pic of thousands of Egyptian Muslims praying in Cairo's Tahrir Square in 2011, so hard to know what the truth is these days...]
The replies to that are solid gold. The replies to the subsequent tweet are of equal value.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The replies to that are solid gold. The replies to the subsequent tweet are of equal value.
Yeah I read through them last night. I think it's safe to say though that "Rebbecca Robertson" is not quite who she presents herself to be.

Dan

An extract from the Piers Morgan interview

Trump - ‘We are putting America first but you have to put your country first, and other people have to put their country first.’

Morgan - ‘The sceptic in me would say: ‘What is the incentive for America to do a great deal with the United Kingdom?”

Trump - ‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names - you can say “England”, you can say “UK”, you can say “United Kingdom” so many different - you know you have, you have so many different names - Great Britain. I always say: “Which one do you prefer? Great Britain? You understand what I’m saying?’

Morgan - ‘You know Great Britain and the United Kingdom aren’t exactly the same thing?’

Trump - ‘Right, yeah. You know I know, but a lot of people don’t know that. But you have lots of different names. The fact is you make great product, you make great things. Even your farm product is so fantastic.’

Member 90887

Trump - ‘We are putting America first but you have to put your country first, and other people have to put their country first.’

Morgan - ‘The sceptic in me would say: ‘What is the incentive for America to do a great deal with the United Kingdom?”

Trump - ‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names - you can say “England”, you can say “UK”, you can say “United Kingdom” so many different - you know you have, you have so many different names - Great Britain. I always say: “Which one do you prefer? Great Britain? You understand what I’m saying?’

Morgan - ‘You know Great Britain and the United Kingdom aren’t exactly the same thing?’

Trump - ‘Right, yeah. You know I know, but a lot of people don’t know that. But you have lots of different names. The fact is you make great product, you make great things. Even your farm product is so fantastic.’
I swear to god, after two years hearing him say some of the dumbest things i've heard people say let alone people in his position, i'm still asking my self how it came into that and how is it possible that he is president.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Speaking of Tommy...

These guys are so vocal about fake news but lap sh1t up like this :lol:

Fener1907

I swear to god, after two years hearing him say some of the dumbest things i've heard people say let alone people in his position, i'm still asking my self how it came into that and how is it possible that he is president.
Yep, still isn't normal. Just a complete cretin.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

You’d think this was a parody... just incredible how fecking stupid he is. Yet, people still love every syllable that comes out his mouth & treat that shit like gospel.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Simple answer - he's very relatable and the same level (IQ wise) as the people that voted for him. Seriously, there's been plenty of studies to suggest humanity is actually getting dumber.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Whilst I agree with what you say about the UK government, I still think protests are valid and serve a purpose. The world has to show him that it’s not ok for him to behave like a twat/racist/right-wing mouthpiece/sexist/narcissus/bully and all-round bad guy. If every country visit round the world has protests then his entourage if not trump himself might look at their approach to politics

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Simple answer - he's very relatable and the same level (IQ wise) as the people that voted for him. Seriously, there's been plenty of studies to suggest humanity is actually getting dumber.
It's not about getting dumber and while he isn't a genius, he isn't actually dumb. He tells people what they want to hear and when you do that, they generally won't try to demonstrate that you and them are wrong.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You’d think this was a parody... just incredible how fecking stupid he is. Yet, people still love every syllable that comes out his mouth & treat that shit like gospel.
How can he go from talking about a great ‘product’ to talking about the name of the country in a few sentences? It’s like he doesn’t know what the UK export. He’s such a random bullshit artist

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Speaking of Tommy...

Oh my god the replies to the tweet :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How can he go from talking about a great ‘product’ to talking about the name of the country in a few sentences? It’s like he doesn’t know what the UK export. He’s such a random bullshit artist
Of course he doesn't, which is exactly why he went off on a tangent.

Note also the classic "a lot of people don't know that" which is what he always says when he finds out something new (UK and GB are not the same).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It wasn't embarrassing for Trump, since he obviously doesn't really care about what left wing protestors who don't like him in the first place have to say. What would be embarrassing for him would be if Putin stood him up or if Melania said she hasn't slept with him in years.
When they came for my neighbours' children and put them in cages we did nothing. Because "what was the point?" most Americans were trying to tell us. Then they came for my family.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When they came for my neighbours' children and put them in cages we did nothing. Because "what was the point?" most Americans were trying to tell us. Then they came for my family.
They're still waiting for trump to pivot...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Last paragraph sums him up. His ignorance is shown up then he deflects by lying and labelling his ignorance on others. Cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.