The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

What’s with the anti-Semitic claims? Because calling out the obvious influence of AIPAC lobbyists in Washington is not. Is there anything else to substantiate that claim? What other accusations are levied at them that have any meat in them?

Genuinely interested to now.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I've never bought this Trump master-plan argument before, and I'm not buying it now. The fact of the matter is that there's always some kind of scandal going on with Trump, so whenever he says something racist or sexist or just plain stupid on Twitter, people will go "aha! He's cleverly deflecting from this other thing". In reality he's just racist, sexist and stupid, and lacks the self-control not to immediately say whatever racist, sexist or stupid thing is on his mind. Fact of the matter is, there's a reason Trump is at a 42% approval rate despite the US economy going great, and that reason is this kind of stuff.
Spot on. He's a child in how he acts and reacts. There is no strategy in it, it's just instinctual. He's the political version of Suarez biting an opponent.

Agreed and yes, he doesn't have a master plan. However he definitely does cause controversy to manipulate the media and cause them to change the subject. He uses negative press that he creates himself and he always manages to get the talking points moved away from whatever he's afraid of to something he has said or done that's less damaging and something he can defend, own or deflect from.

Self preservation is what he is best at, hence why he's got away with everything for so long. He's as thick as two short planks, ignorant, dumb as hell, but he knows how to survive and he plays the press like a fiddle. It would be easy as hell to turn it around and take him down but the press keep falling for his distractions and misdirection and missing the bigger picture.

Good or bad press, he doesn't give a shit, he just cares that the focus is constantly on him. Take his oxygen away and watch what happens then.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What’s with the anti-Semitic claims? Because calling out the obvious influence of AIPAC lobbyists in Washington is not. Is there anything else to substantiate that claim? What other accusations are levied at them that have any meat in them?

Genuinely interested to now.
No.

The Republicans and some Democrats are horrified at the notion that Israel's relationship with the United States gets scrutinized

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Good or bad press, he doesn't give a shit, he just cares that the focus is constantly on him. Take his oxygen away and watch what happens then.
Can't do that in election year. They need visibility and that means responding to him. But yeah, he's playing the media beautifully and has painted his failures on obstruction by Democrats. The Mueller report played right into his hands and took the sting of Dems subsequent actions.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
His supporters won’t win him re-election, swing voters will.

The US is a pretty shitty place but, outside of his redneck base, being too overtly racist isn’t going to do him any favours. Let’s not forget that the most important swing state in the entire country is Florida, where a huge proportion of the population is Hispanic. Overtly telling a US born Latina woman to “go home” ain’t going to play well there.
Lots of Cubans in Florida and they LOVE Republicans. The potential mail bomber was an Hispanic guy too. Probably Cuban. Also Florida has that dreaded panhandle area where it’s basically like Alabama with a beach.

This whole thing is just an origins story for Breaking Bad

Buffalo Bill looks better young.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
CNN said:
There's a sobering truth to Trump's racist tweets that we don't like to admit

President Trump's critics may not like to admit it, but there's an element of truth in the racist tweets he sent this weekend.

Trump told four nonwhite Democratic congresswomen that they should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from, even though three of the four were born in the US and the fourth is a naturalized citizen.

Critics pounced. But in some ways those four lawmakers -- Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez , Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley -- really do belong to another country.

In one America, people react with shock when a President issues vile racist tweets against women lawmakers. In the other America, people say nothing.

In one America, people speak out in protest after a President claims that African, Haitian, and Salvadoran immigrants come from "sh**hole" countries. In the other America, people nod in agreement.

In one America, people become outraged when administration officials snatch migrant children from their mothers' arms and detain them for weeks in filthy conditions with no repercussions. In the other America, people remain silent.

And in one America, people condemn a President for describing protestors alongside neo-Nazis as "very fine people." In the other America, people shrug.

Trump's tweets show a keen understanding of America

It's been said that Trump's comments about immigrants reveal that he really doesn't understand America. The US was built on the concept of a melting pot, and immigrants are making the nation stronger, some say.

But Trump's recent tweets could show that he understands America better than his critics realize.

These two Americas have long co-existed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/trump-tweets-two-americas-blake/index.html

Fergies Gum

His supporters won’t win him re-election, swing voters will.

The US is a pretty shitty place but, outside of his redneck base, being too overtly racist isn’t going to do him any favours. Let’s not forget that the most important swing state in the entire country is Florida, where a huge proportion of the population is Hispanic. Overtly telling a US born Latina woman to “go home” ain’t going to play well there.
I would disagree with that as Florida is now a leaning Republican state.

For me the most important swing states next year are Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

manufanatic

"crazy"
I see the this forum is still so leftists and a echo chamber for your flawed beliefs. In fact this whole forum should replace the heading from trump presidency to democrats supporters of the world. Keep stroking each other.

Abizzz

Well yea, that's the point of the article.
Nah the decent half of America is still telling itself that this isn't America and that the other half is turning a blind eye to behavior they think the entire society disagrees with.

In one America, people become outraged when administration officials snatch migrant children from their mothers' arms and detain them for weeks in filthy conditions with no repercussions. In the other America, people remain silent.
And in one America, people condemn a President for describing protestors alongside neo-Nazis as "very fine people." In the other America, people shrug.
They tell themselves Trump is ignoring the dangers of his rhetoric, or is too ignorant to know them, when he fully knows them and is using them to his best ability. I seriously think he hopes for violence against "the squad" and/or their affiliates.

They're lying to themselves because the reality is too harsh to face.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I see the this forum is still so leftists and a echo chamber for your flawed beliefs. In fact this whole forum should replace the heading from trump presidency to democrats supporters of the world. Keep stroking each other.
Adolf Corbyn gets more criticism here than the Conservative prime minister...some 'leftist forum'.

SirAF

Ageist
:wenger:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We're basically a ****.

By the way, I'm thinking of a new title for my blog and seeing as you can so easily come up with a gem like democrats supporters of the world maybe you can give me a few pointers? I can stroke you for it, if you want.

Now get out of the echo chamber, you're muddling the sound.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Flawed beliefs? Like fairness and equality for all? Free healthcare and education?

How is that flawed?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
My mum keeps asking my sisters, who live there how Trump is America's president. She has this image of an incredibly liberal righteous country. We keep telling her at least half of the country thinks like Trump and like him because of what he does. She's having a hard time wrapping her head around it. She's taking a trip to see ome of them living in Alabama. I told her she is going to see the real America.

Status
Not open for further replies.