The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Square

feck you and your "liberal lefties". So fecking juvenile. It's the people in the red states that voted for Republican reps and senators that sold manufacturing abroad. I also love that Mexicans are making my shit. The reason these dumb feckers even have health care is because of "liberal lefties", not because of "dumb conservatives".

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Exactly! It is insane. Yet as you can see his supporters eat it all up that he stopped travel just because he says so. And let's not forget this is the man who TWEETED only yesterday that people should get out and vote FFS! On the middle of a Pandemic.

Why can't people see that he couldn't give a flying feck about anyone but himself? And that almost everything he says is a lie. Trump derangement is people not seeing what he really is, not those who see right through him and call him out on it.
Why do people flock to these wealthy evangelical preachers? Has to be a similar reason to Trumplestilskin. They want a father figure/dominant male patriarchy?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why do people flock to these wealthy evangelical preachers? Has to be a similar reason to Trumplestilskin. They want a father figure/dominant male patriarchy?
I think the reasons are very different. I grew up in a Christian pentecostal family, although not overly religious. Most of these evengelical preachers are Pentecostal.
The doctrine in a way encourages the belief that your blessings, success etc are in a way connected to or channelled through your church and pastor ,"the more you give to them the more blessings you have". That's why you can see a pastor an American pastor confidently as his congregation to buy him another plane, in addition to the two he has and not feel embarrassed about it. It causes a kind of irrational attachment to one's pastor.
Trump support a lot of time seems to be about theatre.

GiddyUp

I meant it in a much more theoretical and cynical way than "go out and be friend with them".
I hear you. I work with some trump supporters and I love them to death, great people. You just can't talk politics or policy with them, it's a fecking impossible task.

Sweet Square

What's that meant to mean?
Trying to own Trump supporters by saying you love that Mexican labour(basically slave labour and child labour) are making you're shit, is bit silly imo.

Just because Trump supporters hate globalisation doesn't suddenly make it a good thing.

Last edited:

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
South Africa is like ground zero for replacement theory and white genocide nuts (especially after the production of Farmlands: IMDB Link), not surprising that a dog-whistling grifter like Trump has accrued a few rabid followers there.

There are political parties within the political landscape of SA that have advocated death to the Boer, kill the white man this is not some right-wing BS but its the truth if you have never heard of them I'll list them for you BLF , LandParty and EFF although Julius has calmed down quite a bit. People are murdered to the tune of 57 people per day and this is stats from the government but this is of coarse is across all population groups. But do yourself a favor and check out those political lefty parties.

MTF

Trying to own Trump supporters by saying you love that Mexican labour(basically slave labour and child labour) are making you're shit, is bit silly imo.

Just because Trump supporters hate globalisation doesn't suddenly make it a good thing.
A bit hyperbolic there, buddy.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
So his policies did not break the economy and did take the already good figures down to record levels, not to mention the stock exchange.
It seems that you have a passing layman's grasp of what it is like in Trump's America. Where do you get your information from with which to construct your arguments?

SAred

Must be so confusing that you missed the Muslim ban, the shithole countries comment (but you did use that about Somalia yourself earlier, so...), calling Mexicans rapists and murderers, turning his back on the "Dreamers", etc, etc.
Is Somalia not a shit hole it has been at war with itself for years, constantly blowing each other up so yep pity much a shithole. Did he ban all Muslims or just some from certain hotspots? Hell you had an x South African talk show host Felicia Mabuza-Suttle saying that living under Trump is like living under the Apartheid regime really wow.

Sweet Square

A bit hyperbolic there, buddy.
Thats the reality though. That photo I posted is of fruit pickers who earn around $10 a day and it's an industry that can also include child labour. Trump really makes liberals defend the dumbest shit possible.

SAred

It seems that you have a passing layman's grasp of what it is like in Trump's America. Where do you get your information from with which to construct your arguments?
I am only going on what I hear the good, the bad and the ugly I don't live there but after 8 years of Obama why did America decide to go with Trump was Hillary that bad an option. Would Trump win again who knows Im sure he was favorite until the virus came along?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
@SAred

You are right, Trump isn't as bad as CNN and the rest of the media make him out to be.

He's far, FAR worse. Most of the media, and especially cable news have done a shite job at reporting what he's really up to and the real damage he has caused.

Foxbatt

Living under Trump is a lot worse for many people especially African Americans and Asians and for Caucasians too. Different people experience different kinds of discrimination. Trump has praised white supremacists many times. So it's not surprising that a non white South African who has lived thru apartheid would see some similarities.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Let's not mention meeting Kim Jong-un no other sitting US President has ever achieved meeting the North Korea Leader Trump did but no credit he was meeting a dictator the CNN press screamed
North Korea had been begging for direct talks with the US for years. Literally the best gift you could have handed them was a face to face meeting with a sitting US president. So what does President Feckwit do? Hands it to them without any pre-conditions and ends up gaining nothing but to give North Korea a massive propaganda victory.

Yay, USA! USA!

Oh and fun trivia, Obama actually said during his first election that he would meet with North Korea without preconditions. FOX news said he would be 'bowing and scraping before dictators' and attacked the feck out of him for it. Funny how conservatives views change when there's a Republican in office, isn't it.

Last edited:

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
So his policies did not break the economy and did take the already good figures down to record levels, not to mention the stock exchange.
So doing well in the economy means not screwing up in the short term (but blow the deficit for the long term so you can give your millionaire buddies a tax break). Plus, what record? Looking at monthly employment rates:

https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

It hasn't been at the lowest ever since WW2, look at the 60's, and not the lowest for any sustained period of time, so I don't see any record.

Plus, the great stock market you're talking about is full of companies who have made great success of outsourced production lines, so if its doing well, then it's because the companies are not doing what Trump wants, rather than because of his policies.

MTF

Thats the reality though. That photo I posted is of fruit pickers who earn around $10 a day and it's an industry that can also include child labour. Trump really makes liberals defend the dumbest shit possible.
The vast majority of anything produced by Mexico for both Export and internal consumption is done by paid, adult labor. Can't imagine how it would be better if they all of a sudden had to be an internal-only economy.

Sweet Square

The vast majority of anything produced by Mexico for both Export and internal consumption is done by paid, adult labor. Can't imagine how it would be better if they all of a sudden had to be an internal-only economy.
What !? I never argued that Mexico is a country full of child only labour(But there is a ton of child labour in Mexico) or that Mexico should go to an internal only economy. Of course the majority is done by paid adult labour(It's still cheap shit slave wages and massively non unionised in parts.)

Again hardly something to be happy about or to use to own Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I am only going on what I hear the good, the bad and the ugly I don't live there but after 8 years of Obama why did America decide to go with Trump was Hillary that bad an option. Would Trump win again who knows Im sure he was favorite until the virus came along?

Where do you hear what you hear?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
50/50ish most likely, the Dem nominee a slight favorite possibly.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Mention the stock exchange. Go on. Do it. Let your expert knowledge on economics flow from your bi-partisan lips. Untether your mind and expulse your hard earned wisdom on what Donald Trump has done that has resulted in "the stock exchange" doing what it has that you have unrivalled knowledge of.

Make sure to use the following in your thesis;

- detail specific policies or actions that have resulted in direct affects to the US economy.
- refrain from going off topic and for once just stay within the fecking lanes of the current discussion.

MTF

What !? I never argued that Mexico is a country full of child only labour(But there is a ton of child labour in Mexico) or that Mexico should go to an internal only economy. Of course the majority is done by paid adult labour(It's still cheap shit slave wages and massively non unionised in parts.)

You go around the world and offer a USD 20 per day wage (which is avg of Mexican maquiladora wages) and see how many billion people make less than that. That is about 3x the minimum wage in Brazil, just as one reference. Yes, its about 10% of what a US manufacturing worker makes, but the nature of the products and the lines are already quite different. You can't just make poorer countries rich with the stroke of a pen and saying that now wages are at US/Europe levels, when the output per unit of labor is also that much lower. It's got to be a build, and none of the countries that participate in global supply chains would be better off if they didn't and went back to some sort of non-industrial configuration or a domestic-market focused industry.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Mention the stock exchange. Go on. Do it. Let your expert knowledge on economics flow from your bi-partisan lips. Untether your mind and expulse your hard earned wisdom on what Donald Trump has done that has resulted in "the stock exchange" doing what it has that you have unrivalled knowledge of.

Make sure to use the following in your thesis;

- detail specific policies or actions that have resulted in direct affects to the US economy.
- refrain from going off topic and for once just stay within the fecking lanes of the current discussion.
I mean it's not exactly far fetched to assume that companies are going to thrive if you give them tax cuts and privatize/deregulate everything, because you don't care about regular workers or what damage might be done to the enviroment. But by the time the bill will have to be paid either Trump or Democracy won't be around anymore.

Sweet Square

You go around the world and offer a USD 20 per day wage (which is avg of Mexican maquiladora wages) and see how many billion people make less than that. That is about 3x the minimum wage in Brazil, just as one reference. Yes, its about 10% of what a US manufacturing worker makes, but the nature of the products and the lines are already quite different. You can't just make poorer countries rich with the stroke of a pen and saying that now wages are at US/Europe levels, when the output per unit of labor is also that much lower. It's got to be a build, and none of the countries that participate in global supply chains would be better off if they didn't and went back to some sort of non-industrial configuration or a domestic-market focused industry.
I'm actually getting some form of brain cancer by continuing to take part in this conversation.

Again I've never argued that 1)This can be done by a stroke of a pen or 2)that these counties would be better off by going back to a non industrial configuration.

I'm not sure why you keep saying this. For the millionth time this is my point

Now I'm off to stick my head into the microwave in an effort to save my slowly dying brain cells.

Last edited:

Halftrack

Yes, Hillary was a really bad candidate. The reasons for why Hillary was bad are many, chief among them the fact that she is wholly uninspiring, and has been the target of smear campaigns by conservative media for years, so she started out with a ton of baggage. Despite this, she beat Trump in the popular vote by 3 million votes. Had she bothered campaigning in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, she'd have won it. But her campaign figured these states were safe, so they didn't bother, and that proved to be their downfall (along with their strategy of focusing on Trump rather than talking policy, sacrificing working class votes in favour of trying to court moderate republicans. Hillary Clinton is hated by republicans, so who knows where the feck they got the idea that she should try to court them.
Where do you hear what you hear?
Facebook memes.

Stactix

Never in the history of US President has one sitting President been attacked has much has Trump,
/QUOTE]

Yeah, that statement is all I need to know that you're a tad clueless.
Trump is a dreadful president

By the way, those that were assassinated as Presidents might not agree with you.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching.”
:lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
"There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching.”
:lol:
You're laughing but I already know he'll find a way to equate this for Trump getting a day's worth of media heat for calling Corona a hoax and telling people it's basically no worse than a the common flu.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Never have I thought that Trump is perfect, but I do not believe that he is not as bad as people on this site, the democrats and CNN say he is.

Never in the history of US President has one sitting President been attacked has much has Trump, even when he does a good thing someone will spin it and say because of. Someone just posted the unemployment figures from Obama last few years and Trumps but instead of at least saying that Trump has done something good they turn around and say its because of the previous administration. He pulls troop out of Harm's way in Syria and the Democrats scream blue murder what about the Kurds but did the democrats not back a regime change in Syria that caused the deaths of over half a million Syrians but Trump gets lambasted for pulling out Americans. Let's not mention meeting Kim Jong-un no other sitting US President has ever achieved meeting the North Korea Leader Trump did but no credit he was meeting a dictator the CNN press screamed, the peace deal with The Taliban not to mention not starting any wars except maybe a trade war.

The virus issue pity much caught the world off guard and unfortunately Trump-like pity much every European country is suffering these blunders. But here is another one when trying to deal with this crisis Trump sends in a hospital ship to help out, one poster on here says you know there are only 3 patients on that ship, would more dying make it worthwhile at least he proacted.

Taking about using his resorts maybe he wanted to save taxpayers money and make use of them for free.

He says some silly things has we know but for god's sake people make him out to be Hitler.
Seriously? Meeting Little Rocket Man (Trump's word, not mine) counts as an achievement?

The whole Kim family has been dying to meet any US president to elevate themselves and no president, even Dubya was stupid enough to give it to them until the orange one. :houllier:

Foxbatt

Seriously? Meeting Little Rocket Man (Trump's word, not mine) counts as an achievement?

The whole Kim family has been dying to meet any US president to elevate themselves and no president, even Dubya was stupid enough to give it to them until the orange one. :houllier:
Dubya is a genius compared to Trumpet. In your opinion who is the worst US president? Trump or Nixon?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Only if you go by rasmussen. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.