The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ...
The guy's an utter twerp, press conferences lasting so long so he can babble and babble and babble.

Today he targeted Sweden again for staying "open" and how wrong that is, despite us doing an incredible job compared to the US, then he immediately starts saying "I want to open very very soon".

The bloke's an utter utter moron.

Sad Chris

After his second term he‘ll be treated in the same way George W. Bush is — as a humorous, likeable ex-president. People will forget or ignore the damage he has inflicted, blind to the cause of their struggles. I‘m already dreading the time his smug face will be cruising through tv channels, newspapers and the Internet blowing his own horn and tweeting highly opinionated, but deeply uneducated pieces about anything and everything.

Drifter

American
After his second term he‘ll be treated in the same way George W. Bush is — as a humorous, likeable ex-president. People will forget or ignore the damage he has inflicted, blind to the cause of their struggles. I‘m already dreading the time his smug face will be cruising through tv channels, newspapers and the Internet blowing his own horn and tweeting highly opinionated, but deeply uneducated pieces about anything and everything.
I really doubt that. The damage he would do and already doing to democracy will be with the people for decades.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I like to think people will remember how petty, mean and just small Trump is. How he picks on everyone, demonstrates the maturity of a three year old and genuinely doesn't care about the people he works for.

Dubya was an idiot and you could definitely make the case will have done more damage by being complicit with the devils in his cabinet than Trump has done, but by all accounts he is a decent human being. As President he showed compassion, empathy and humility. I think that's why he is now accepted as a mistake but not a monster.

Trump is a fully broken human being that deserves to die the way he made children at the border: scared, penniless cold and alone.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I like to think people will remember how petty, mean and just small Trump is. How he picks on everyone, demonstrates the maturity of a three year old and genuinely doesn't care about the people he works for.

Dubya was an idiot and you could definitely make the case will have done more damage by being complicit with the devils in his cabinet than Trump has done, but by all accounts he is a decent human being. As President he showed compassion, empathy and humility. I think that's why he is now accepted as a mistake but not a monster.

Trump is a fully broken human being that deserves to die the way he made children at the border: scared, penniless cold and alone.
Trump is a gold mine for the news and general media. Once out of office and no longer a danger with any actual power he will be exalted to ridiculous levels and remembered as a uniquely headstrong and powerful figure.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Popular history paints with a very broad brush, unless his party turns on him and he gets thrown out of office in disgrace he will be romanticized more and more over time. I mean people appear largely indifferent to what he's doing or saying while they see it live on TV, why would they suddenly care about it years later, after he left office? And every politician sees how effective his style is politically, why would they turn up their noses on it? If anything people are probably thinking to themselves "imagine what someone who can formulate coherent sentences could do with that playbook", or they'll just opt for Ivanka.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Popular history paints with a very broad brush, unless his party turns on him and he gets thrown out of office in disgrace he will be romanticized more and more over time. I mean people appear largely indifferent to what he's doing or saying while they see it live on TV, why would they suddenly care about it years later, after he left office? And every politician sees how effective his style is politically, why would they turn up their noses on it? If anything people are probably thinking to themselves "imagine what someone who can formulate coherent sentences could do with that playbook", or they'll just opt for Ivanka.
Absolutely not. The second he’s out of office all his enemies (which is basically everyone) are going to be falling over themselves to distance themselves and announce to the world what a worthless piece of shit he is. It’s going to be horrifically brutal and he’s going to have the greatest meltdown in the history of TV over it.

The only thing protecting him right now is fear. He has the power of the presidency and his party and he’s proved over and over that he’s insanely vindictive and petty. Once that power is gone he’s going to be slaughtered from both sides.

NotworkSte

Very true. Just look at the Bush revisionism, just because he is friendly to the Obamas.

Dr. StrangeHate

They are digging mass graves in New York, how can he stand there and say he’s doing a good job?
Because most of his supporters don't care what happens to New Yorkers. He is doing a good job for his base by supplying his ally states with the medical supplies they need.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They are digging mass graves in New York, how can he stand there and say he’s doing a good job?
People of NY are not his problem. Important thing is that people in Ohio, Michigan etc believe he's doing a good job

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
No, he will not be treated that way.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Absolutely not. The second he’s out of office all his enemies (which is basically everyone) are going to be falling over themselves to distance themselves and announce to the world what a worthless piece of shit he is. It’s going to be horrifically brutal and he’s going to have the greatest meltdown in the history of TV over it.

The only thing protecting him right now is fear. He has the power of the presidency and his party and he’s proved over and over that he’s insanely vindictive and petty. Once that power is gone he’s going to be slaughtered from both sides.
Its probably wishful thinking that they will go after Trump even though the cnut deserves death by a thousand cuts. Americans will not want to set a precedence of going after former presidents. It will be too banana republicish for them.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Its probably wishful thinking that they will go after Trump even though the cnut deserves death by a thousand cuts. Americans will not want to set a precedence of going after former presidents. It will be too banana republicish for them.
I’m not taking about legally, just all the people who he’s embarrassed, attacked and humiliated getting their revenge. He has no friends, only sycophants and it’s going to turn on his hard once he’s out of power.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I’m not taking about legally, just all the people who he’s embarrassed, attacked and humiliated getting their revenge. He has no friends, only sycophants and it’s going to turn on his hard once he’s out of power.
How would that look like? Republicans have bet so heavily on Trump they will find it hard to lob dirt at him without getting hit themselves and a couple of nasty media stories might bruise his ego, but they'll be forgotten soon. Just think about all the dirt that's already out in the open.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No fecking chance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The thing is Trump got elexted with an approval rating of around 42% and his approvals have never dipped below mid 30s. Surely he's going to be happy with his ratings in the mid 40s?

Revan

Assumptionman
Didnt see this till just now, Trump.Jr admitting Trumpo is profiteering from the drug he's pushing.

It was a totally stupid article from NYT (regardless of the other parts of the article) that essentially have ammunition to the 'fake news' brigade. How on Earth that passed the editorial check is beyond me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It was a totally stupid article from NYT (regardless of the other parts of the article) that essentially have ammunition to the 'fake news' brigade. How on Earth that passed the editorial check is beyond me.
The point of his tax filings is because it sheds light on his financial arrangements, not to see how much tax he is paying.

It also does not in any way shape or form make the entire article bullshit. Have you actually read the entire article? It's not predicated on Trump's personal investment at all, they only make a very minor reference to that. The article itself spends most of it's content looking at other possibilities like Big Pharma companies lobbying Trump, big donors with investments and Rudy Giuliani seemingly at the centre of it lobbying Trump on behalf of others such as the Doctors who had been on Ingram's show. It's even a balanced enough article to give the perspective of a Trump supporting Republican that his intentions are entirely altruistic and merely trying to instil hope in the people he leads.

If you've read Cernovich's assessment that it's just $400 and the entire article is nonsense, you doing it a major disservice. There's other revelations in there which are far more damning.
It literally made one small reference to him having a small stake. The rest of the article was very well researched and very relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.