The UEFA Euro Fantasy Draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This is what TRV might have played before the upgrades.

He has to play Piola, Shesternyov & Zeman as the pre-66 players. I really don't see how he can fit MvB in. I can only think of a shifting to a 4-3-3, but that would be a waste of Sammer.
If it helps, I think he just got him so that no one else did. It doesn't? Oops, sorry!

Moby

Dick
Ridiculous that he took so long. I can understand crappy not wanting a Frenchman and EAP preferring Blanc as the Hierro upgrade and partner for Sol, but I'm buggered if I know what Nesta has on him. I assume Aldo is secretly pining for another Frenchman?
I love Desailly as much as anyone else but the completeness of Nesta made him fit beautifully in the system.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This is such a tough pick forward planning wise..
Really? I think about your first round team and the fact you now have three Germans and there's a very obvious replacement and upgrade for the one missing out.

It's actually quite funny that, had TRV passed on Marco, you could have got him first and Netzer now, with that platform... :drool:

Unlucky.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Really? I think about your first round team and the fact you now have three Germans and there's a very obvious replacement and upgrade for the one missing out.

It's actually quite funny that, had TRV passed on Marco, you could have got him first and Netzer now, with that platform... :drool:

Unlucky.
Yet you voted against Basten + Netzer already

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
I will go offline soon. I am assuming, @Raees and @Gio need some more time to discuss who they should pick. So, who can I send my pick to?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

LUISITO SUAREZ

Regarded as arguably Spain’s greatest ever player, Luisito was noted for his graceful and elegant style of play. He genuinely was a combination of Iniesta vs Platini, capable of both running the midfield artistically yet when the situation demanded it be a supremely penetrative 10 too. He was an exquisite passer of the ball and also had explosive shooting skills. He started his playing career for Deportivo La Coruna but soon was transferred to FC Barcelona in 1955. Despite averaging a goal every two games, Luis Suarez was not a striker. He was a playmaker. The nickname “El Arquitecto” was given to Suarez because of his excellent vision and ability to direct play. It was said that Suarez knew where he wanted to put the ball even before he received it.

“Architect of Spain’s maiden European triumph”

Luis Suarez was the star performer for the triumphant Spanish side when they won the European Nation’s Cup in 1964, a tournament they hosted. Since there were only 4 teams participating in the final round, the tournament directly began from the semifinals. Spain’s first match was against Hungary at the Santiago Bernabeu. Orchestrated by the brilliant Luis Suarez, Spain overcame a Hungary side brimming with their own talent to reach the final on its home soil. El Arquitecto assisted Jose Maria Pereda for the opening goal. However, Hungary managed to find an equalizer in the 84th minute but Luis Suarez’s experience came in handy as he directed his younger compatriots to find the winner. Their efforts were rewarded when the skilful Amancio Amaro scored in the 112th minute to send Spain into the final.

El Arquitecto taking a freekick in the final

Spain faced previous winners USSR in the final and once again Luis Suarez didn’t disappoint with his performance. A wise head among young players, Suarez was the eldest member of the Spanish squad. A sublime pass from Luisito found Jose Maria Pereda whose skilful finish left the “Black Spider” Yashin helpless. Spain were in the lead in the 6th minute in front of 100,000 spectators at the Bernabeu with General Francisco Franco among them. However, the Russian side equalised within two minutes of conceding and it took some heroics from Spanish goalkeeper Jose Angel Iribar to keep the scores level. Luis Suarez’s calming presence made the difference when he spread the play to the right and the ball was crossed in from there to find Marcelino Martinez who beat Yashin for the second time in the game with a headed effort. Spain clinched their first European Nation’s Cup on their home soil. Luis Suarez Miramontes’ ability to dictate play and orchestrate attacks highlighted him as the mastermind behind Spain’s victory.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
1. crappycraperson - 1. Platini 2. Figo 3. Tigana 4. Tardelli 5. Krol 6. Antonin Puc 7. Planicka 8. Ceulemans 9. Vogts 10. Rosetta 11. Dellas 12. Marcos Senna 13. Scirea 14. Koscis

2. Edgar Allan Pillow & MJJ & coolredwine
- 1. Puskás 2. Masopust 3. Gullit 4. Breitner 5. Deschamps 6. Sol Campbell 7. Schweinsteiger 8. Durkovic 9. Pepe 10. Schrojf 11. Hierro 12. Sneijder 13. Blanc 14. Kluivert

4. The Stain - 1. Zidane 2. Czibor 3. Amancio 4. Förster 5. Zagorakis 6. Shearer 7. Wimmer 8. Puyol 9. Combi 10. Zambrotta 11. Joao Pinto 12. Poborsky 13. Thuram 14. Davids

7. Joga Bonito - 1. Maldini 2. B.Moore 3. Sindelar 4. Bergomi 5. Effenberg 6. Pluskal 7. Hoeneß 8. Villa 9. Elkjær 10. McManaman 11. Demyanenko 12. Platzer 13. Rummenigge 14. Desailly

8. harms -
1. Dragan Džajić 2. Sárosi 3. Schuster 4. Voronin 5. Brehme 6. Ondruš 7. Bezsonov 8. Van Moer 9. Khurtsilava 10. Ivo Viktor 11. Chislenko 12. Pietro Rava 13. Meazza 14. Yashin

9. Aldo -
1. Xavi 2. Iniesta 3. Nedved 4. Lahm 5. Albert 6. Carvalho 7. Cocu 8. Bossis 9. Kaltz 10. Baros 11. Happel 12. Nielsen 13. Nesta 14. Monti

10. Raees & Gio -
1. Rijkaard 2. Facchetti 3. Kohler 4. Henry 5. Zebec 6. Hanappi 7. Beara 8. Hässler 9. Pirlo 10. Lerby 11. Ibrahimovic 12. Amoros 13. Beckenbauer 14. L. Suarez

12. The Red Viper -
1. Gerd Müller 2. Sammer 3. Vieira 4. Shesternyov 5. Cannavaro 6. Piola 7. Rui Costa 8. Alonso 9. Rooney 10. Alba 11. Zeman 12. Srna. 13. Van Basten 14.

@The Red Viper

Final teams for the quarterfinals

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
1. crappycraperson - 1. Platini 2. Figo 3. Tigana 4. Tardelli 5. Krol 6. Antonin Puc 7. Planicka 8. Ceulemans 9. Vogts 10. Rosetta 11. Dellas 12. Marcos Senna 13. Scirea 14. Koscis

2. Edgar Allan Pillow & MJJ & coolredwine
- 1. Puskás 2. Masopust 3. Gullit 4. Breitner 5. Deschamps 6. Sol Campbell 7. Schweinsteiger 8. Durkovic 9. Pepe 10. Schrojf 11. Hierro 12. Sneijder 13. Blanc 14. Kluivert

4. The Stain - 1. Zidane 2. Czibor 3. Amancio 4. Förster 5. Zagorakis 6. Shearer 7. Wimmer 8. Puyol 9. Combi 10. Zambrotta 11. Joao Pinto 12. Poborsky 13. Thuram 14. Davids

7. Joga Bonito - 1. Maldini 2. B.Moore 3. Sindelar 4. Bergomi 5. Effenberg 6. Pluskal 7. Hoeneß 8. Villa 9. Elkjær 10. McManaman 11. Demyanenko 12. Platzer 13. Rummenigge 14. Desailly

8. harms -
1. Dragan Džajić 2. Sárosi 3. Schuster 4. Voronin 5. Brehme 6. Ondruš 7. Bezsonov 8. Van Moer 9. Khurtsilava 10. Ivo Viktor 11. Chislenko 12. Pietro Rava 13. Meazza 14. Yashin

9. Aldo -
1. Xavi 2. Iniesta 3. Nedved 4. Lahm 5. Albert 6. Carvalho 7. Cocu 8. Bossis 9. Kaltz 10. Baros 11. Happel 12. Nielsen 13. Nesta 14. Monti

10. Raees & Gio -
1. Rijkaard 2. Facchetti 3. Kohler 4. Henry 5. Zebec 6. Hanappi 7. Beara 8. Hässler 9. Pirlo 10. Lerby 11. Ibrahimovic 12. Amoros 13. Beckenbauer 14. Luis Suárez

12. The Red Viper -
1. Gerd Müller 2. Sammer 3. Vieira 4. Shesternyov 5. Cannavaro 6. Piola 7. Rui Costa 8. Alonso 9. Rooney 10. Alba 11. Zeman 12. Srna. 13. Van Basten 14. Bozsik

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The quaterfinals:

Match 1:

harms vs crappycraperson

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Match 3:

The famous battle, sadly I didn't find one picture of both of them together:

vs

Aldo vs Joga Bonito

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Match 4:

And finally, we get to see these two against each other ...

Team EAP vs Raees & Gio

Draw quarterfinal matches

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The quarterfinal matches:

Match 1: harms vs crappycraperson
Match 2: The Red Viper vs The Stain
Match 3: Aldo vs Joga Bonito
Match 4: Team EAP vs Raees & Gio

List Randomizer
There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 8. harms
  2. 1. crappycraperson
  3. 12. The Red Viper
  4. 4. The Stain
  5. 9. Aldo
  6. 7. Joga Bonito
  7. 2. Edgar Allan Pillow & MJJ & coolredwine
  8. 10. Raees & Gio
Timestamp: 2015-04-27 11:22:02 UTC

It would be great if we get all 4 matches played this week. Again at most 2 games a day. Please let me know what day you agreed on.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@crappycraperson what time suits you, mate? I would prefer Thursday or Friday, I'm usually pretty busy on the weekends and they are shit for matches anyway.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Terrible match up. I get no luck in these drafts. Anytime I build a good team I get drawn against the strongest.

Moby

Dick
Friday fine with you?
Fridays usually dont get good voting and discussion turnouts but if that's the earliest you can do then sure.

I'll send my tactics to Balu by the morning, so whenever you are ready to start let me know. Try to do it during weekdays if you can but if not then Friday is fine.