The ultimate tournament player?

Josep Dowling

James Rodriquez. Typical of a player having a good tournament and has lived off the hype ever since.

A random one for me would be Jan Koller. 2-3 against the Dutch is always ingrained in my mind. One of the best games of football I’ve ever seen.

Josh 76

This is the biggest myth in football. They had some very good players, Maradona was just the icing on the cake that made them even better.

Michael Jordan was the main reason The Bulls won 6 Championships but Pippin, Rodman, Paxson were no slouches.

The same with that Napoli team, all the stars aligned and they spent a lot of money, it just so happened that having the best player in the world was always going to push that Napoli team to higher heights.
No player ever wins any league on their own. It’s ridiculous to say that. But you take Maradona out of that Napoli team, they would never have even finished in the top 4 or 5 in the league.

jdotman

Robinho always played great for brazil no matter how shit he was at the time for city or madrid. He even went on loan back to santos in 2010 during the peak of his career to gain form before the world cup, and was one of the best players for them that tournament

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Brian Laudrup.

Patrick Kluivert.

Boudewijn Zenden

Lecland07

Klose is the ultimate one

Podolski is another.

To be honest, you could have almost the entire German team in the 2002 world cup.

Eder - absolutely useless at club level, but managed to score the winning goal in the Euros.

sangria

Xherdan Shaqiri. Outstanding for Switzerland in every tournament. Average for every club side he's played for.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Whoever mentioned Klose should have their accounts deleted. He was great for Kaiserslautern, Werder Bremen, Bayern and then Lazio.