The unstoppable Manchester City!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a team they are! What a squad they have! It couldn’t possibly go horribly wrong for them this season. Not with genius Pep on the touch line & the majestic 100m man Jack Grealish, what a signing he is, there is absolutely no way he will flop. 0% chance of that happening. The packed out Etihad will have a lot to celebrate this season.

E-mal

I know you're being sarcastic and all but everything other than parked stadium is true though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not far away from them winning 7, 8, 9 titles in a row, I'm convinced of it.

RedDevilRoshi

I’ll be watching them hiding behind my couch with my eyes shut and my hands firmly over my ears. They are the most scariest thing on Earth.

Steve 007

Football 11 v’s 11.
Man City have an amazing squad. Does anyone coming in to that squad strike fear in it and become a starter? Is Grealish a starter? possibly? but not that much better than what they have. If Bruno does not outshine him on every level I’ll eat my hat. Remember that this city squad were basically matched for two years to within a point or three with Liverpool who had an excellent team but average squad in comparison to them.

Oranges038

I know how to deal with them.

All I have to do is put a few of their best players in my FPL team, then they will either play shite or be out injured for most of the season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I know how to deal with them.

All I have to do is put a few of their best players in my FPL team, then they will either play shite or be out injured for most of the season.
He'll just rotate those players in and out until you get sick of getting 0-2 points for them. Pep has been playing 4D chess with FPL players for years.

Oranges038

He'll just rotate those players in and out until you get sick of getting 0-2 points for them. Pep has been playing 4D chess with FPL players for years.
I don't care about the points. I am never going to win anything on it. I use it to jinx them and make players go shit, if I pick them no matter how good they were playing they will be either out injured or shit.

It worked with Sterling, Van Dijk and TAA last year.

So Grealish, Gundogan, Sterling and Salah are all in there. Kane is too, so i might have to do a rejig if he signs for City and put Lukaku in. I was going to go for Werner but I feel sorry for him, he doesn't need any more bad luck. Now watch him go score 30+ goals next season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just a slip, nothing more. The mighty unstoppable juggernaut Manchester City will cruise to the title, led by the greatest manager in the history of football.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I like how all the newbies fail to grasp the meaning of this thread.

To herald in the glorious age of City and King Pep. The start of the greatest sports dynasty in all history. The memories of Peasants like SAF and Sacchi will be crushed under the glorious bald heel of this Catalan genius and his squad of plucky gogetters.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ronaldinho will not let City down.

Pickle85

We knew this season was a lost cause. Congratulations city and I'll see all you lot next year.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Although it is quiet possible that you have stopped the invincible malarkey, this isnt going to stop them winning the quintuple. Clearly they are far too good for this sort of nonsense. They are going to blow away whoever they are playing next

sangria

2 games with Grealish and 2 losses. 100% loss record with him in the match day squad.
Spurs went through a lengthy period where they couldn't win with Bale in the team, and look what happened to him. Grealish should be looking to emulate Bale, and successfully bring his golf handicap down.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Although it is quiet possible that you have stopped the invincible malarkey, this isnt going to stop them winning the quintuple. Clearly they are far too good for this sort of nonsense. They are going to blow away whoever they are playing next
Definitely will against newly promoted Norwich.

Imagine getting promoted and your first 2 fixtures are vs Liverpool and City.

Crustanoid

I think we’ll see David (City) come back and slay Goliath (the huge other nasty clubs who are able to spend big AKA not plucky City/Abu Dhabi). Threads too premature…

slyadams

I was having a debate with a City suppporting relative of mine who is obvious a Pep cultist so I looked into the squads the man has inherited.

Barca: Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Henry, Iniesta, Puyol, Toure, Ronaldinho, Deco, Thuram, Abidal, Yaya Toure and he then signed Pique, Keita, Dani Alvez and got Busquets from La Masia
Bayern: Neuer, Boateng, Rafinha, Lahm, Alaba, Ribery, Javi Martinez, Robben, Muller, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic and then signed Goetze and Thiago Alcantarra.

Insane.

RoyH1

I'm so happy they're here to save football. They're so visionary, have such an incredible model that can be easily copied by anyone else around the world due to how few resources it needs to function. They're inevitable.

Tallis

Pep should stick to his philosophy and play without a 9 this season except Jesus occasionally.

lysglimt

Scout
Spurs went through a lengthy period where they couldn't win with Bale in the team, and look what happened to him. Grealish should be looking to emulate Bale, and successfully bring his golf handicap down.
So you are saying Grealish will be off to Real and City wont win anything for the next 8-9 seasons ? :)

Frank Sinatra Fan

If City don't get Kane, then maybe yes. It will be between Chelsea and us. If City get Kane though they'll nuke the league unfortunately.
City won the league past season without Kane though. And they even had a record run of 26 wins in all competitions, the highest in clubs from the top 5 european leagues. They were the best team in Europe for most of last season. They are favorites to win the PL even without Kane