The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What's your thoughts on the vaccine toxicity from repeated MRNA doses thing? Interested to hear from you as a guy who works in the industry as I've seen that allegation going around
Sounds like made up bollox tbh. mRNA is extraordinarily fragile, with a half life of just a few hours. It’s completely cleared from your body within days. So it makes no sense to have some sort of accumulated toxicity after doses given weeks (or months) apart.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What's your thoughts on the vaccine toxicity from repeated MRNA doses thing? Interested to hear from you as a guy who works in the industry as I've seen that allegation going around
Where exactly has that allegation been going around?

ManchesterYoda

Goes without saying that it seems absolutely bonkers to be simultaneously desperately trying to avoid having any SARS-COV2 spike proteins in your body whole also advocating for immunity by allowing a novel virus to replicate inside your own cells, churning out thousands upon thousands of spike proteins and all the other proteins that make up the virus*

* a virus that has a non-trivial chance of killing you
I did say "Personally I want as few as possible of these spike proteins in my body".

How many MRNA molecules are in a typical vaccine dose and how many spike proteins does each MRNA molecule make once inside a cell? What is the total number of spike proteins made by all the MRNA molecules? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Billions? I don't have an exact answer but I believe it is much greater than the number of spike proteins roaming around after infection, especially a mild infection which is what the majority experience.

Would you say the vaccine has a trivial chance of killing you in addition to your "a virus that has a non-trivial chance of killing you"? It's another VS battle. Corona Virus Deaths VS Vaccine Deaths. It's not straightforward either because what is a corona virus death and what is a vaccine death? Also, when is the battle? Now or in the future? Anyone can google "number of corona virus deaths" and "number of vaccine deaths" but nobody actually knows whether the data is accurate or not. The choice is either I believe that number, I don't believe that number or I don't know.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Where exactly has that allegation been going around?
as if you care :lol:

Sounds like made up bollox tbh. mRNA is extraordinarily fragile, with a half life of just a few hours. It’s completely cleared from your body within days. So it makes no sense to have some sort of accumulated toxicity after doses given weeks (or months) apart.
Thanks for the response and thoughts pogue

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
So, bullshit sources then. Got it.

I was actually curious.
yeah judging by your response you're very curious rather than following me thread to thread because i upset you in some other one

you're also definitely so curious that you'd have PMed me that question rather than ask me in the hope of invoking some other guys to respond and quote me

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I did say "Personally I want as few as possible of these spike proteins in my body".

How many MRNA molecules are in a typical vaccine dose and how many spike proteins does each MRNA molecule make once inside a cell? What is the total number of spike proteins made by all the MRNA molecules? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Billions? I don't have an exact answer but I believe it is much greater than the number of spike proteins roaming around after infection, especially a mild infection which is what the majority experience.

Would you say the vaccine has a trivial chance of killing you in addition to your "a virus that has a non-trivial chance of killing you"? It's another VS battle. Corona Virus Deaths VS Vaccine Deaths. It's not straightforward either because what is a corona virus death and what is a vaccine death? Also, when is the battle? Now or in the future? Anyone can google "number of corona virus deaths" and "number of vaccine deaths" but nobody actually knows whether the data is accurate or not. The choice is either I believe that number, I don't believe that number or I don't know.
Oh, you're one of those. How predictable.

Withnail

Vaccine Deaths vs Corona Deaths?

How is this a battle? There have been millions of Corona Deaths and very few, if any, vaccine deaths.

It seems fairly straightforward to me.

Wolverine

God bless these vaccines, my parents visiting from Canada.

Outbreak of covid in a family home where they have been staying in London. Both parents double jabbed, dad with AZ tested positive on PCR and mum on pfizer still negative. Both asymptomatic but both with medical problems like asthma, diabetes, previous tuberculosis, high blood pressure

What's really weird is that they were both bombarded in family whatsapp groups with vaccine misinformation but both trusted WHO, myself for medical advice and didn't hesitate whatsoever in getting jabbed. Important to keep that perspective is that vaccine hesitancy is annoying, but it is in the fringe.

Traub

God bless these vaccines, my parents visiting from Canada.

Outbreak of covid in a family home where they have been staying in London. Both parents double jabbed, dad with AZ tested positive on PCR and mum on pfizer still negative. Both asymptomatic but both with medical problems like asthma, diabetes, previous tuberculosis, high blood pressure

What's really weird is that they were both bombarded in family whatsapp groups with vaccine misinformation but both trusted WHO, myself for medical advice and didn't hesitate whatsoever in getting jabbed. Important to keep that perspective is that vaccine hesitancy is annoying, but it is in the fringe.
Great news. How long ago were they vaccinated?

Wolverine

Great news. How long ago were they vaccinated?
A while back! They are both living in Canada but its been around 5 months from second jabs, I think Canada's only recently approved booster jab last week

Anyone can google "number of corona virus deaths" and "number of vaccine deaths" but nobody actually knows whether the data is accurate or not.
That's not really a solid ground for making an argument is it?

Those answers are going to be different for every person. Besides, the spike protein in the virus is very different to the one generated by the vaccine. Spike proteins from the virus form new viral particles and quickly replicate themselves. The vaccine produced spike proteins don't do any of that and break down in the bloodstream. That alone should tell you the virus is more potent than the vaccine.

And finally, doctors and public health officials are not relying on Google for their information. They get the information directly from the source and do know whether its accurate or not.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

:lol: ffs how do you survive in the world without the capacity to distinguish between fact and fiction

Traub

A while back! They are both living in Canada but its been around 5 months from second jabs, I think Canada's only recently approved booster jab last week
That's even better news. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come over the next year or two.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Novavax may actually manage to ship some vaccines this month. Indonesia and now the Philippines are the only countries to approve Novavax so far. That's not because of safety or efficacy data concerns - it worked well in its trials - that's because of manufacturing consistency issues in the US and UK factories.

It looks like SII in India can make it. In fact Novavax have now applied for UK MHRA approval using the Indian factory output. As they've also applied to EMA today, maybe the UK/European plant are now ready as well. But meanwhile:

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Gathering together lots of data, and summarising it one chart, an overview of why the boosters matter:

Basic message, if you aren't vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you were vaccinated more than 6 months ago, and you're in an eligible risk group get a booster. But, of course, that's just about cases and most of us are more interested in serious illness, hospitalisations and deaths.

A reminder of what covid is doing through the age groups.
In terms of raw numbers, the majority of deaths are in the oldest, but we're still seeing an unnecessary large number of deaths in the 30/40 something's, where a lot of people remain unvaxxed. The changes over the past year (comparing the yellow and the blue lines) are almost entirely related to vaccine uptake and the groups about to get boosters are likely to start falling further soon.

lsd

The Oracle
Recieved the booster on Saturday then spent Monday in hospital with chest pains.

Not sure if it was a reaction or side effect but everything checked out and I wouldn't let it put anyone off.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

How are corona deaths, which there are millions of on top of million that will have been prevented by the vaccines, comparable to a basically non-existent amount of vaccine deaths? Aside from potentially blood clots which can be attributed to certain COVID vaccines I am not aware of any death causes driven by the vaccines, aside from the made up conspiracy nonsense where those nutters are literally under every FB post pretending every single death in 2021 is 100% caused by a vaccine.

Your post is a perfect example of how social media can drive people to have blatantly incorrect views on subjects they have no association with, cannot analyze properly and just rely on what is provided to them in sensationalist conspiracy blabber. Take away the platform to spread that nonsense and we would have additional 10-15% of population taking the vaccines, and preventing thousands of unnecessary deaths.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
First numbers on what boosters are doing to reduce cases from Public Health in England and how they're correcting the vaccine waning problem. More gains to come as more people get boosted

And from the ONS who run random (cross section of the population) testing to look at infections across the country. They then work out which factors improve your odds.

Looks like the booster effect on infection is huge for anyone vaccinated months ago.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I've been offered a booster Pfizer through work, but on the registration page it says that it hasn't been approved by the medical authorities for non-at-risk people, so we are to take this booster at our own risk.

Are there genuine concerns there? Should I wait a few weeks/months to get the booster?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I've been offered a booster Pfizer through work, but on the registration page it says that it hasn't been approved by the medical authorities for non-at-risk people, so we are to take this booster at our own risk.

Are there genuine concerns there? Should I wait a few weeks/months to get the booster?
boosters seem to have the same side effects and risk factors as the 2nd dose. Nothing special as far as I know. I'm getting mine this wednesday (am 31 years old and am a rather healthy individual) and my doctor said that the possible corona longterm issues are much more severe than the possible vaccine side effects. He's a very reliable and competent person and I trust him to be absolutely up to date about the current vaccine studies.

evil_geko

Six months for me for Pfizer was around middle of this month, I got the SMS and email notification, I will probably get booster around seventh month, middle next month or something. I saw in USA they wait for eight months for Pfizer and Moderna boosters.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

there's no risk, it's only been approved for those at risk to manage the rollout I'd say. We'll all be offered it again eventually.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
boosters seem to have the same side effects and risk factors as the 2nd dose. Nothing special as far as I know. I'm getting mine this wednesday (am 31 years old and am a rather healthy individual) and my doctor said that the possible corona longterm issues are much more severe than the possible vaccine side effects. He's a very reliable and competent person and I trust him to be absolutely up to date about the current vaccine studies.
there's no risk, it's only been approved for those at risk to manage the rollout I'd say. We'll all be offered it again eventually.
Thought as much, thanks!

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Got my booster today, I am pretty excited to have it done for at least 6 months

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Got my booster today, I am pretty excited to have it done for at least 6 months
Sounds good.

More early signs of the boosters in action from the UK. From waning efficacy in October that allowed cases to start growing faster amongst the over 60s than in other age groups, to booster immunity starting to kick in during November.

Booster doses are still rolling out fast - more than 2m per week in England getting third jabs, 2.5m/week across the UK.

Dante

Average bang
Is there any extra capacity for giving out boosters to exceptionally good looking randoms off the street?

I'm under 40 and not at risk. So I haven't been included in any of the rollout groups. But I'd quite like to get a booster and get it out of the way before Christmas.

If I were to rock up to a clinic at the end of a day, are there any free shots being given out? I don't want to take one from somebody who needs it. But if there are jabs not being used, there can't be any harm in asking for one.

F-Red

Is there any extra capacity for giving out boosters to exceptionally good looking randoms off the street?

I'm under 40 and not at risk. So I haven't been included in any of the rollout groups. But I'd quite like to get a booster and get it out of the way before Christmas.

If I were to rock up to a clinic at the end of a day, are there any free shots being given out? I don't want to take one from somebody who needs it. But if there are jabs not being used, there can't be any harm in asking for one.
I had my booster on Tuesday and they were checking group status or employment status if you're a healthcare worker. You'll need to provide proof that your GP has asked you to come forward for a booster.

stu_1992

France has approved boosters for everyone over 18 once they reach the 5 month mark after their second dose. So next month for me then!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
A nice update on efficacy waning from Public Health England. The booster rollout in the over 70s isn't yet complete but we're already seeing not just a recovery in the effectiveness of the vaccines, in those age groups they now look better than they did in August.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Im sorry that English isn't my first language. Is there a question here in this post tries to equate covid deaths vs deaths caused by receiving a vaccine? I am sorry but that's mind boggling that it is being asked as a question and even more ridiculous that the poster implies that the figures are unknown

Offsideagain

I have read and watched myriad opinions about the Virus and the Vaccine(s). As a person over 60 and having respiratory issues, it occurred to me that not having the vaccine would be verging on suicide. Just like the ‘Insulate Britain’ and ’ Extinction rebellion’ wallies, the ‘anti- vax’ people seem to be anti anything at any particular time. Something to make them feel they know more than the Scientific community. Another story in the press yesterday about a young woman dying who was not vaccinated. Still, everybody has the right to do or not to do stuff to their bodies. But if you don’t take the vaccine and get ill, keep away from me and others like me and good luck.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im sorry that English isn't my first language. Is there a question here in this post tries to equate covid deaths vs deaths caused by receiving a vaccine? I am sorry but that's mind boggling that it is being asked as a question and even more ridiculous that the poster implies that the figures are unknown
Troubled Yoda is.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Dawn had her booster at 11am yesterday. I've had to bail to the spare room now she's chattering away in the bed.
This has her slammed.