The Vertonghen and Herrera incident.

binary bot
It's strange how BT seem to completely forget about replays for so many events. In this match alone;

This
Lloris on the edge of his box
Late challenge on Martial when he was lying on the ground

NK86

Is it brutality or excessive force? Not sure it is, as I say if the ref had seen it I think he probably would/should have booked Vertonghen and told him to stop being an eejit.
It depends on how you interpret it. That was a violent conduct and even though it didn't cause much physical damage but grabbing someone by the throat is a red card offense irrespective of how much force was used. Especially since Vertonghen was the only one doing it and Ander didn't really respond in kind.

NK86

This and I'm not saying it cause it's Vertongen, it was off the ball, not malicious like a stamp, punch or headbut, just a bit of handbags. Shouldn't happen of course but we want players to show some passion and I doubt Herrera was passing a comment on how nice Verts' boots were.
So someone grabbing Kane like that every match and you would say the same? Showing passion and acting like a thug are two different things.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So someone grabbing Kane like that every match and you would say the same? Showing passion and acting like a thug are two different things.
When Verts does it every match we can discuss it, let's not go overboard here. Herrera isn't exactly a saint, while he may not have responded there was a little sledging going on.

NK86

When Verts does it every match we can discuss it, let's not go overboard here. Herrera isn't exactly a saint, while he may not have responded there was a little sledging going on.
Sledging goes on every match but you don't see reactions like that. My point is you don't condone something because he doesn't do it every match. If it's violent conduct it deserves a ban. Much like Pogba and Bellerin. Pogba wasn't at much fault there but the act was punished regardless.

RORY65

It depends on how you interpret it. That was a violent conduct and even though it didn't cause much physical damage but grabbing someone by the throat is a red card offense irrespective of how much force was used. Especially since Vertonghen was the only one doing it and Ander didn't really respond in kind.
I do agree with that point and in fairness that's part of what is going to make VAR so hard to enforce, so many rules and laws are really vague. My original point was that I wasn't really onboard with this thread because it's not in anyway a clear cut red card (unlike Mings' last year) and I feel there's too much talk lately of media biases which is what we used to mock Liverpool fans for peddling.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had Herrera grabbed Vertonghen around the next the FA would've investigated and banned him by now. Ashley Young flicked his arm at a player and got a three game ban within hours.

Kostov

Oh come off it, they probably didn’t even see it or better yet they were focused on playing football. If it ended up in a brawl i think Smalling, Jones, Matic, Pogba, Lukaku etc could easily deal with them. We could always call Karate-Zlatan too for backup :lol:
Yeah on paper they look like they can handle themselves in both brawl and football, in reality they bottle the big moments more often that not. Whether it's a fecking header, a clearance, a chance to score or back your teammate when an opposition player grabs him by the neck.

What's the corner you are fighting here? How is that not a red card? A player grabs another by the neck, clear red. Whether Herrera is a saint or not means nothing.