Television The Walking Dead

padr81

Supports
Man City
And just like that its turned into rubbish. It's like they are trying to kill every semi-competent character and every half decent actor in the show for the dumbest of reasons while Norman Reedus is running around the zombie apocalypse being a full idiot and being fine.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
And just like that its turned into rubbish. It's like they are trying to kill every semi-competent character and every half decent actor in the show for the dumbest of reasons while Norman Reedus is running around the zombie apocalypse being a full idiot and being fine.
Tom Payne wanted out because they misused his character, they're dicks for that tbh.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Tom Payne wanted out because they misused his character, they're dicks for that tbh.
yeah he said he wasn't too disappointed when he got the call. The whole story is turning into a mess now after a good start. Looks like the fat Rosita woman whose name I can't remember despite watching for 6 years will be taking over Hilltop now.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
So it's just another gang covering themselves in dead men's blood and guts (Like Rick and Glen did in season 1, Nick in FTWD) but with walker masks on?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm still mad. I can't understand why Jesus felt the need to fight them all alone... I mean really... the team killed them all with Eugene injured anyway, who didn't they do that before letting Jesus get murdered first. It's kind of flushed the last few episodes down the toilet with regards to building Jesus for a leadership role. Just as the show was getting back to form, I even loved Ricks goodbye episode... we get an episode of purely nothing and a character dying for no particular reason other then attempted shock value.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Belatedly copying Z nation with evolving zombies, it's taken them a hell of a long time to catch on to that though. And Z nation has deteriorated too of course, but at least it has humour in it's plots too.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Belatedly copying Z nation with evolving zombies, it's taken them a hell of a long time to catch on to that though. And Z nation has deteriorated too of course, but at least it has humour in it's plots too.
Take it you didn't watch the latest episode...

In fairness to TWD, it has to take from the source material and they are now on a story path that was published just before Z Nations first episode took to the air.

Schmiznurf

Except they're not evolving, they're humans using walker skin.

Ether

Yeah, they say it's possible, but she's not returning this season. Not even mentioning her absence is absurd.
They did the same thing with Heath, he got lost and they never mentioned his name on the show again.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
It is maybe trying to go back to the days of sudden and shocking deaths apart from they are getting rid of the last few good people. Jesus was right, criminally underused and the most capable combat fighter.

I just hope we don't have feature length episodes on each of the new cast but most likely as they really need to build some of the characters up for a better storyline in future. It will be interesting to see which side Negan ends on now the new enemy are here - an unlikely leader that brings everyone together? I can't stand Michonne anymore.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When are we gonna know what happened between Michonne/Alexandria and the rest? It all felt so hostile at the Hilltop, and Carol didn't even greet her at first.

And humans with walker masks, I get. But why were their voices so distorted though? Or is my hearing shit?

Schmiznurf

When are we gonna know what happened between Michonne/Alexandria and the rest? It all felt so hostile at the Hilltop, and Carol didn't even greet her at first.

And humans with walker masks, I get. But why were their voices so distorted though? Or is my hearing shit?
No idea, hopefully soon, it's a bit annoying not knowing.

They were whispering, trying to make it sound scarier I imagine.

Amir

The first half of the season has been better than most of what they've been serving in recent years. I'm kind of disappointed though that it's not talking walkers but human beings masked as walkers. Evolved walkers seem like a better story to me instead of another human group.

padr81

Supports
Man City

I presumed its simply because Michonne broke off pretty much all relations with other groups and turned her back on Rick's plan to unite the communities. At least thats the vibe I got... that after Rick she was like "feck this, Alexandria for Alexandria" and screw the rest.

ravi2

yall are still watching this? I bailed after last season...keeping negan alive and announcing Ricks death was the final nails in the coffin for me
It had gotten to soap opera levels of absurdity to me

padr81

Supports
Man City
yall are still watching this? I bailed after last season...keeping negan alive and announcing Ricks death was the final nails in the coffin for me
It had gotten to soap opera levels of absurdity to me
This season is a big step back up in fairness, its still not back to Series 1-3 standards but its easily better than the last few. Hoping last weeks episode was not par for the course as it had a season 7/8 vibe all over it, every other episode has been decent. This one wasn't terrible just featured a really pointless death.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's boring. I don't care about any of them and the stories are boring. Punctuated by them doing the same stupid shit over and over when it comes to zombies.

Sylar

So binge watched this. I realised its so much better doing that than the week by week viewing. I reckon this show would benefit more from netflix type viewing (but I guess ratings are still good)

I do think the stuff this season was much more interesting, but thats because it relied heavily upon the best characters (and a few of them are gone now). They really need to make the newer characters they brought in interesting.

They also need to find better ways of killing people. Jesus death was a bit absurd. It was a death for the purpose of plot progression rather than somebody backed into a corner with no options left.

Overall it was fun and the dialogue is a bit better now.

Sylar

Just watched the latest episode thinking im a few days behind, and only now just realised it was a leak? Or an advanced screening copy?

Defo thinking of just binge watching rest of the series.

Theyve got some interesting concepts where they can go. But theres a bit of filler just for the sake of filling out an episode. And its still annoying that a few of them dont talk like actual people. Eugene still the most annoying. At least Negan is talking like a person now.

His story could be interesting depending on where they take it. I do like his interactions with Judith (who is 10x better than Carl so far)

Schmiznurf

Just watched the latest episode thinking im a few days behind, and only now just realised it was a leak? Or an advanced screening copy?

Defo thinking of just binge watching rest of the series.

Theyve got some interesting concepts where they can go. But theres a bit of filler just for the sake of filling out an episode. And its still annoying that a few of them dont talk like actual people. Eugene still the most annoying. At least Negan is talking like a person now.

His story could be interesting depending on where they take it. I do like his interactions with Judith (who is 10x better than Carl so far)
They aired it a week early, not sure why.

dove

Finally our favourite show is back :drool:
Damn it was a stupid episode, especially first 15 mins. Apparently there is no one guarding the place at night, you can walk freely everywhere, including houses. Then of course the first person you meet when you are about to climb over the fence X hours later is a kid. Makes sense.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Stopped watching when they nabbed Negan, should I start watching again?
Imo it's the best it's been in years this season, especially leading up to a certain episode with a certain bridge and onwards. It's kind of sad to see, though, that the viewer numbers haven't recovered from last season. To be honest the first half of this season should've been the second half of last, and the second half of this season should have been the first...

...that Great War really bored the living tits off of people and I don't blame them for not coming back.

Fracture90

Imo it's the best it's been in years this season, especially leading up to a certain episode with a certain bridge and onwards. It's kind of sad to see, though, that the viewer numbers haven't recovered from last season. To be honest the first half of this season should've been the second half of last, and the second half of this season should have been the first...

...that Great War really bored the living tits off of people and I don't blame them for not coming back.
Believe it or not, you're the first one to actually give me some posting review!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The first half of the season has been better than most of what they've been serving in recent years. I'm kind of disappointed though that it's not talking walkers but human beings masked as walkers. Evolved walkers seem like a better story to me instead of another human group.
How can organisms that can't breed evolve?

Of course zombies are impossible so .....

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville
If they don't reproduce they can't evolve.

Change by Frankenstein like perhaps but that would be a very silly plot line.
Haven't watched this for since lenny was building a cell/was put in a cell? but check in here every now and then to see if it's worth picking up again.

I had a whole thought process, to your point, centred around their bite being how they pass on genes and therefore could mutate very quickly, as they wouldn't need to wait a generation for genes to pass. I hit a stumbling block when most people where either surviving or zombies, so there weren't many left to bite, that I couldn't find a workaround for.

I realised I'd put far more thought and logic into my reasoning than the writers ever did, so I'll leave it there

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Haven't watched this for since lenny was building a cell/was put in a cell? but check in here every now and then to see if it's worth picking up again.

I had a whole thought process, to your point, centred around their bite being how they pass on genes and therefore could mutate very quickly, as they wouldn't need to wait a generation for genes to pass. I hit a stumbling block when most people where either surviving or zombies, so there weren't many left to bite, that I couldn't find a workaround for.

I realised I'd put far more thought and logic into my reasoning than the writers ever did, so I'll leave it there
:lol: I like the idea.

Heardy

No comments in over 2 weeks! This show just isn’t what it was is it?

10 years post apocalypse, Daryl really should know better than “hoping” an adversary is dead! Put a bolt through his head ffs.

Sylar

I'm gonna binge it in a few weeks as I find it more tolerable that way

padr81

Supports
Man City
Thought last nights episode was quite good again myself. This season despite a couple of poor episodes and Henry being the new even more annoying Carl has been much improved imho. Kind of shocked by that because all everyones fave characters are gone.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just caught up with this, it's better than it has been for a while, but that isn't saying much. The whole concept of a weird outsiders threatening the settlements has been done to death now. The stupidity is also still there, e.g when Daryl kills a zombie from the ledge with his crossbow, why not take out the big guy too?