Television The Walking Dead

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Hmmmm.

The flasbacks got very tiresome but otherwise fun. The flaming bridge of zombies was great.

I hope Rick isn't just never seen again without explanation as that would be very annoying. The next few episodes could determine the future of TWD as things could quickly decline without Rick if they play it wrong.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Worth watching this season? Watched every season before.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's a helicopter. Rick saw it halfway through last season but told no one. Negan saw it too. I think that's how he leaves, someone takes him away in it.
Called it as did a few others, it was the obvious way really of keeping Rick alive but taking him away from the show leaving the others to believe he was dead. Anyway that time jump at the end, what timescale we looking at? Judith was last seen as a toddler, looks about 7/8 now? so just under 5 years or so? Carol looks like Legolas, but Daryl doesn't look much older..

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Called it as did a few others, it was the obvious way really of keeping Rick alive but taking him away from the show leaving the others to believe he was dead. Anyway that time jump at the end, what timescale we looking at? Judith was last seen as a toddler, looks about 7/8 now? so just under 5 years or so? Carol looks like Legolas, but Daryl doesn't look much older..
I saw one site saying 6 years, another speculating at 10.

Heardy

Glad that wasn't just me that thought that!

Whilst not sure it classifies as a spoiler and not linked to the comments, but be careful of reading some of the Andrew Lincoln interviews doing the rounds - they definitely give an indication of what the future has in store.

For the first time in years though, i cannot wait for next weeks episode, to see where the time jump lands and understand what the state of the nation is! 3 episodes until the mid-season finale - will be interesting to see where that goes.

Re the time jump - I've read its meant to be 6 years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wow, I genuinely thought this was the 6th episode, not the 5th.

Anyway, the flashbacks got tiresome. I also think Negan was faking.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
By the way, did I miss some scenes at the end? What's this Legolas Carol shit? Did the episode end with that Judith scene?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This season has been good! With this latest episode the best I’ve seen in years.

If you’ve come this far and through a few poor seasons, this one is a definite move in the right direction.
Cheers mate binge watched the last 5 episodes, starting slow and still retained the mediocrity of the last few seasons but the last two episodes have been brilliant.

I really hope they end the series sometime soon though, will miss Rick, don't think any of the other characters have enough depth or character to lead the show.

starman

So presumably A is not Alpha and B is not Beta

Guessing A is "After bite" and B is Before bite, as Rick was a B and we kept on hearing "what is your wound" repeated
And the preacher guy was labeled as a A, which followed with Jadis trying to force him to be bitten

Also why did the helicopter have the airbnb logo on it :confused:

gaz1185

By the way, did I miss some scenes at the end? What's this Legolas Carol shit? Did the episode end with that Judith scene?
There was a promo for the next three episodes after the previous episode had finished.

She even has a bow & arrow now :lol:

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I presume the time jump is their way of rebooting the series and drawing you into episode by episode updates of what's happened.

Amir

I thought the talking walkers were awesome, adds a whole creepy vibe to everything.

Fyi: it's not a spoiler if the episode has aired on tv.
Not saying it's bad, we'll see where it goes. Was really surprising and funny. Thought it would be a bland ending to the episode and suddenly THAT.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not saying it's bad, we'll see where it goes. Was really surprising and funny. Thought it would be a bland ending to the episode and suddenly THAT.
Evolution. Never realised how big a shock that would be to non-comic book people. Everyones on about it, might have kicked some life back into the show.

Amir

I had absolutely no idea but apparently the lack of Maggie on last night's episode is due to, well, her being out of the show. Last week's episode was her last as well. Not that they bothered writing her off...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I had absolutely no idea but apparently the lack of Maggie on last night's episode is due to, well, her being out of the show. Last week's episode was her last as well. Not that they bothered writing her off...
Didn’t realise that until you mentioned it either, maybe she will make a comeback in the future is the reason they didn’t give her a send off.

Amir

Didn’t realise that until you mentioned it either, maybe she will make a comeback in the future is the reason they didn’t give her a send off.
Yeah, they say it's possible, but she's not returning this season. Not even mentioning her absence is absurd.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, they say it's possible, but she's not returning this season. Not even mentioning her absence is absurd.
I'm sure they will when the show gets back to Hilltop, at least explain where she went, one theory is she went off with that blueprint woman who gave everyone plans.

gaz1185

Yeah Angela Kang has stated that the backstory of Maggie's disappearance will be revealed over the next few episodes. They're also still trying to get her back in the show in some capacity (probably season 10 now), but it depends on her commitments to Whiskey Cavalier.

Woodzy

Back to it's boring best for this episode, although the mid-season finale next week looks like it could be great.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Zombie bosses can duck ? Where is oldschool Rosita with a rocket launcher and Carol with the improvised mortar...

RIP, the hidden master of Kendo.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I mean, they're humans with masks, they showed that :lol:
Oh yeah, I forgot that cure for the zombie apocalypse is everyone wearing halloween costumes.

I like this show, similar way I love zombie B movies. Just hoping Negan unlearned his monologues in prison or 2nd part of the season may be bit too much Meta-philosophical again.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Oh yeah, I forgot that cure for the zombie apocalypse is everyone wearing halloween costumes.

I like this show, similar way I love zombie B movies. Just hoping Negan unlearned his monologues in prison or 2nd part of the season may be bit too much Meta-philosophical again.
It's clearly not a cure but a way to hide and avoid being bitten.

GeorgieBoy

Might start picking this up again now its seemingly gotten good again.
Thanks guys for doing all the grunt work and saving me time watching the boring seasons! :wenger: