The "Wankfest"

Laphroaig

football's future is really in trouble if there are actually fans in here who think Motta's foul was a deserved red....good lord!
Shocking sending off. The ref was so bad in the first half it felt natural to question his agenda, but I suppose a genuinely biased ref wouldn't have disallowed the goal (a correct decision it was though).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
feck 'em.

There's nothing remotely likeable about him or his players. I think you'll find the praise on here for Fergie in 2008 was coming mainly from United fans. What I can't understand is why this board is suddenly populated by closet Inter fans.

Barca acted like twats an' all tonight but the love-in for Mourinho (and Inter) on here is making my skin crawl. He's such an unlikeable dick.
you are in a minority on this one methinks. Whether you like him or not (you don't, I do), he is undoubtedly a class class act. I want him at OT the moment SAF decides his glory days are done .... and I have never ever had even the remotest affection for either Milan club!

Laphroaig

You might think JM is a class act, but to say he is "undoubtably a class class act" is undoubtably wrong.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The ref was poor and Inter spent the second half trying to out dive and play act Barca...so I don't think he was biased....it was just a nothing challenge..You get them every day on Hackney Marshes and it isn't even a foul...

Ekeke

The ref was poor and Inter spent the second half trying to out dive and play act Barca...so I don't think he was biased....it was just a nothing challenge..You get them every day on Hackney Marshes and it isn't even a foul...
Inter were diving from the very first minute, but I'm sure nobody is surprised. Its a Mourinho team. Alright Chelsea werent bad with it, but can you have a team full of divers diving every week in England? I doubt it. His Porto and Inter teams are certainly drinking the same water.

Laphroaig

Shortly after the red, he booked Chivu (I think) for a clean tackle on Messi right in front of his nose. Messi also got a nothing free kick in front of the linesman's close to the cornerflag. All this happened within a short timeframe in the first half. It looked dodgy. In the end I realize they were just shite decisions and nothing more.
His Porto and Inter teams are certainly drinking the same water.
The same water as Barca, right? All in all I'm impressed that Barca, the holiest team below the heavens, managed to outdive Mourinho's Italians. Well done!

Mockney

Inter were diving from the very first minute, but I'm sure nobody is surprised. Its a Mourinho team. Alright Chelsea werent bad with it, but can you have a team full of divers diving every week in England? I doubt it. His Porto and Inter teams are certainly drinking the same water.
What does that have to do with anything? So were Barca ...Alves trying to win a penalty was shocking...why bring that up?...That has nothing to do with the state of the red card

Ekeke

What does that have to do with anything? So were Barca ...Alves trying to win a penalty was shocking...why bring that up?...That has nothing to do with the state of the red card
It has something to do with the referee and your comments suggesting that in the second half Inter were diving.

They were diving in the first half too. Wake up.

Ekeke

Shortly after the red, he booked Chivu (I think) for a clean tackle on Messi right in front of his nose. Messi also got a nothing free kick in front of the linesman's close to the cornerflag. All this happened within a short timeframe in the first half. It looked dodgy. In the end I realize they were just shite decisions and nothing more.
The same water as Barca, right? All in all I'm impressed that Barca, the holiest team below the heavens, managed to outdive Mourinho's Italians. Well done!
Yes Barcelona and in particular Alves, dive. Alves is in my opinion the worst offender I've seen in europe and he has been for a long time.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
All well and good - but what were Inter's options this evening? Especially after the red card?
The way that you appear to be framing the issue, though, is one of, either Inter absolutely had to approach the game in exactly the way that they did, or they would have certainly been beaten. That's clearly not true. They could have completed 7 more passes, for example, or had one more shot on goal. It might sound flippant saying that, but the point is that the suggestion that they had no choice but to do as they did is to make the issue too black and white.

As I've said, I'd be a hypocrite if I made a big deal out of it, because I said very little when United did something similar at the Nou Camp. At the time, however, I did admit that I hadn't enjoyed our performance, that I wish that it hadn't been necessary, and that I was disappointed that we hadn't done more going forward.

I would accept that once Inter went down to ten men the pattern had largely been set, and that they possibly couldn't have done a lot more. But I also believe that we should be grateful for teams like Barcelona who almost certainly wouldn't have taken that approach, even if they had been down to nine men.

The problem is that once you allow teams to approach games in that manner and excuse them for it, there doesn't appear to be a natural ending point where you can justifiably say that you believe that it has gone too far. There will always be a reasonable sounding excuse, in other words.

Laphroaig

The thing is that when that sort of destructive tactics succeed, as they did today and for us in 2008, you have to be able to respond imaginatively and intelligently. Barcelona have proven unable to do in a couple of big games now, and they deserve shouldn't be applauded for sticking to their favourite game plan, but criticized for their refusal to consider different options. They are like Arsenal, it's all plan A and when that fails they haven't a clue. Only they are far better at plan A than Arse obviously.

Ekeke

Plan B got them the win tonight. Maybe they'll spend another 50 million euros on strengthening their plan B, who really knows.

Mockney

It has something to do with the referee and your comments suggesting that in the second half Inter were diving.

They were diving in the first half too. Wake up.
Sorry, I though you'd quoted another post for some reason...meh

wake up from what?

AgainstAllOdds

:lol:...calm down you big grinch. Anyone who likes Mourinho is suddenly a closet inter fan?...Oh do feck off.

btw, Barca turning the sprinklers on was one of the least classy things I've ever seen....pathetic. I'm glad they got fecked over just for that..
That was nothing.

Police went to arrest Eto'o because presumably he hadn't paid taxes in 2005.

Also the Barca cnut fans were throwing fireworks at Inter's hotel until 4 AM not letting them sleep.

Karma is a bitch motherfeckers!

I despise and hate everything that Barcelona stands for. feck the good football that they supposedly play, it's a whole cnut of a football club from the roots to the head.

I bet they get done in the league too.

Ekeke

Sorry, I though you'd quoted another post for some reason...meh

wake up from what?
I felt you must have been a bit sleepy with the previous post thats all :lol:

As for your points about the sending off, dont you think it would set a dangerous precident if players arent getting booked for sticking their hands in each other's faces? Whatever players get away with, you'll see more and more of. And if were never booked for that, we'd have all sorts of queer fingers in the eyes and whatnot. There's just absolutely no need to do it and it can be quite dangerous when you do it even if there isnt much force. So why shouldnt you get booked for it? Its not much different to butting heads. If you dont do it with any force, does that stop it being wrong and dangerous if you catch someone in the right spot for it to be dangerous, accidently?

At least with things like bookings for a high foot, they can at least be honestly challenging for the ball. There's no excuses for putting your hands in another player's face.

Godfather

mottas foul wasn't worth a red card, not even a yellow one, but from the angle the ref watched the theatrical dead of motta, the pain, the suffering, the bleeding and the reading of his will, the ref couldn't do anything else
Busquets is really a fecking cheat. I really hoped Motta would smack the feck out of him to make his red card justified.