The White Supremacist Terrorist Threat

jackofalltrades

umm - we had the World Trade Center bombings in 1993 - massive bombs that luckily weren't quite right, still 6 dead and 1000+ injured.

Also in 1993 - US TV channels showed dead US soldiers being set upon by angry mobs in Somalia.

We knew we were hated.
Had forgotten all about the WTC 1993 attack. On the other point my idea is that many people can't understand why it is so.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
New opiates that promised to not be addictive and docs handing them out like candy.
Fair point. But there's a lot of other factors at play too. Since the 1980s there's been a big shift in the way that opiates are prescribed, having previously been restricted to cancer pain only. Which is down to more than just marketing. There's been a shift in medical best practice, partly due to a realisation that a lot of the alternatives to opioids (e.g. NSAIDs) have problems of their own.

At the end of the day, opioids have been around for donkeys years and are a useful treatment option if used appropriately but are vulnerable to being abused. Same as benzodiazepines. They're also both inextricably linked with illegal drugs. Whenever a segment of society starts abusing more illegal drugs then prescription drug abuse will also increase. Which is why the Oxycontin epidemic is more or less a non-issue amongst the well off.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Fair point. But there's a lot of other factors at play too. Since the 1980s there's been a big shift in the way that opiates are prescribed, having previously been restricted to cancer pain only. Which is down to more than just marketing. There's been a shift in medical best practice, partly due to a realisation that a lot of the alternatives to opioids (e.g. NSAIDs) have problems of their own.

At the end of the day, opioids have been around for donkeys years and are a useful treatment option if used appropriately but are vulnerable to being abused. Same as benzodiazepines. They're also both inextricably linked with illegal drugs. Whenever a segment of society starts abusing more illegal drugs then prescription drug abuse will also increase. Which is why the Oxycontin epidemic is more or less a non-issue amongst the well off.
You sure about that...?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I'll just leave this here....

An Internal Affairs investigation has found a Philadelphia officer did not violate department policy by having an apparent Nazi tattoo on his left arm.

Photos of Officer Ian Hans Lichterman and his tattoos spread across social media late last summer, prompting angry reaction online and an Internal Affairs investigation.

The Internal Affairs investigation cleared Lichterman of any violations, closing the case in December, police said. They did not respond to follow-up questions inquiring whether any specific determinations were made about the tattoos.

Meanwhile, nearly five months after the controversy erupted, police brass have yet to deliver a promised tattoo policy for its ranks.

Photos of the tattoos, posted to Facebook by Evan Parish Matthews, showed a German eagle beneath the word "Fatherland" on Lichterman's left arm. The post indicated the photos were taken on July 26, 2016 at Philadelphia’s #BlackResistanceMarch during the Democratic National Convention.

The eagle appears to resemble one depicted in the Nazi Party's partieadler emblem, a symbol included in the Anti-Defamation League's "Hate Symbols Database."

That symbol features an eagle with outstretched wings, its head pointed left, and holding a wreath containing a swastika. The photos of Lichterman's tattoos did not show whether his eagle was perched on a swastika.

Mayor Jim Kenney, who previously called the tattoos "disturbing" and "incredibly offensive," released a statement that voiced the same reaction. But without an existing tattoo policy, Kenney said police could not dismiss Lichterman.

On Tuesday, John McNesby, president of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge No. 5, reiterated his prior statements defending Lichterman, saying there was "nothing wrong" with the tattoos.

"There was nothing there to investigate," McNesby said. "He had a tattoo. There was no policy. He had it for years. He had no discipline. There was no issue with it."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/internal-...t-nazi-tattoo/

I love the way they are focusing on the actual tattoo as if that's what's the big problem here, rather than why the feck some one who isn't a White Supremacist and Nazi sympathiser would have a Nazi symbol tattooed on their arm.

Oh and he also has some interesting hobbies:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's pc gone mad. These days, you can't even be a Nazi without being called a Nazi.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
@Pogue Mahone
I don’t think the facts match up with your explanation particularly well, but this is not the thread to discuss this in detail. “Dreamland” by Sam Quinones is an exceptionally well written book that discusses the issue in detail. I highly recommend reading it, if you are interested in the topic.

In this case the killer seems to be a white supremacist. I really hope, that police and intelligence services don’t have a massive blind-spot on their right eye.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@Pogue Mahone
I don’t think the facts match up with your explanation particularly well, but this is not the thread to discuss this in detail. “Dreamland” by Sam Quinones is an exceptionally well written book that discusses the issue in detail. I highly recommend reading it, if you are interested in the topic.

In this case the killer seems to be a white supremacist. I really hope, that police and intelligence services don’t have a massive blind-spot on their right eye.
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31...-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

Was the article I meant to post above.

In a heavily redacted version of an October 2006 FBI internal intelligence assessment, the agency raised the alarm over white supremacist groups’ “historical” interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The effort, the memo noted, “can lead to investigative breaches and can jeopardize the safety of law enforcement sources or personnel.” The memo also states that law enforcement had recently become aware of the term “ghost skins,” used among white supremacists to describe “those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.” In at least one case, the FBI learned of a skinhead group encouraging ghost skins to seek employment with law enforcement agencies in order to warn crews of any investigations.

That report appeared after a series of scandals involving local police and sheriff’s departments. In Los Angeles, for example, a U.S. District Court judge found in 1991 that members of a local sheriff’s department had formed a neo-Nazi gang and habitually terrorized black and Latino residents. In Chicago, Jon Burge, a police detective and rumored KKK member, was fired, and eventually prosecuted in 2008, over charges relating to the torture of at least 120 black men during his decadeslong career. Burge notoriously referred to an electric shock device he used during interrogations as the “nigger box.” In Cleveland, officials found that a number of police officers had scrawled “racist or Nazi graffiti” throughout their department’s locker rooms. In Texas, two police officers were fired when it was discovered they were Klansmen. One of them said he had tried to boost the organization’s membership by giving an application to a fellow officer he thought shared his “white, Christian, heterosexual values.

The report concluded that “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right-wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.” Released just ahead of nationwide Tea Party protests, the report caused an uproar among conservatives, who were particularly angered by the suggestion that veterans might be implicated, and by the broad brush with which the report seemed to paint a range of right-wing groups.

Faced with mounting criticism, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano disavowed the document and apologized to veterans. (PC GONE MAD!!!) The agency’s unit investigating right-wing extremism was largely dismantled and the report’s lead investigator was pushed out. “They stopped doing intel on that, and that was that,” Heidi Beirich, who leads the Southern Poverty Law Center’s tracking of extremist groups, told The Intercept. “The FBI in theory investigates right-wing terrorism and right-wing extremism, but they have limited resources. The loss of that unit was a loss for a lot of people who did this kind of work.”
Stamper said he had fired officers who expressed racist views, but added, “It’s not likely to happen in most police departments, because many of those departments come from a tradition of saying the officer is entitled to his or her opinions.” Whether the First Amendment protects an officer’s right to express racist, white supremacist views — or even to associate with organizations that endorse those views — is something that remains a subject of debate, Stamper said. “You can fire someone. Whether the termination will stand up under review is the real question.”

“Local, state, federal agencies, all to some extent have their hands tied, because it’s not necessarily against the law to be a member of a domestic hate group” said Simi, noting the military as the one exception because of its unique legal status. For instance, the U.S. government considers the KKK a hate group — but membership in the group is not illegal. That’s the case for all domestic hate or extremist groups, though authorities can choose to target their members under conspiracy statutes, Simi said.

Most police departments don’t screen prospective officers for hate group affiliation. The SPLC has reported that the number of these groups peaked at more than 1,000 in 2011, from less than half that in the late 1990s, though experts like Simi note that many of these groups “come and go” and membership between them is often fluid.

Although officers have been fired for expressing hateful views — sometimes to be re-hired by other departments, as happens regularly with officers accused of misconduct — some officers have also challenged those dismissals in court. Robert Henderson, an 18-year veteran of the Nebraska State Patrol, was fired when his membership in the Klan was discovered. He sued on First Amendment grounds and appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which declined to hear his case. Last year, 14 officers in the San Francisco Police Department were caught exchanging racist and homophobic texts that included several references to “white power” and messages such as “all niggers must fecking hang.” Most of those officers remain on the force after an attempt to fire several of them was blocked by a judge, who said the statute of limitation had expired.

For all the screaming by Trump about "you can't say Islamic terrorism", there are 2-3 agencies seemingly dedicated to tracking and killing it. Here they literally destroyed their own investigation because of triggered conservatives.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
New opiates that promised to not be addictive and docs handing them out like candy.
It's a bit off topic but I think things are much more complicated than that. There's also the litigious element that relies on people being in a great deal of pain. An opiate script is good evidence of that and for many people a course of these painkillers leads to addiction. This is just one of many factors in a very complicated problem.

Neutral

BTV
Dude just wanted to use explosives on muslims...that ain't so bad.

Good thing they're no longer focusing on right wing terrorists and terrorist groups too

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Dude just wanted to use explosives on muslims...that ain't so bad.

Good thing they're no longer focusing on right wing terrorists and terrorist groups too

Over-sensitive snowflakes have made sure that some topics can never be discussed:
The report concluded that “lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right-wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States.” Released just ahead of nationwide Tea Party protests, the report caused an uproar among conservatives, who were particularly angered by the suggestion that veterans might be implicated, and by the broad brush with which the report seemed to paint a range of right-wing groups.

Faced with mounting criticism, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano disavowed the document and apologized to veterans. The agency’s unit investigating right-wing extremism was largely dismantled and the report’s lead investigator was pushed out.

Neutral

BTV
This is crazy...made the news at the time - and then I kind of forgot about it.

Interestingly the Judge at sentencing said he was shocked they weren't arrested on the day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They waved the Confederate flag and a shotgun at a black child’s party. Now they’re headed to prison on terrorism charges.

By Ben Guarino February 28 at 8:13 AM

In July 2015, a group of 15 people calling themselves “Respect the Flag” boarded several pickup trucks, each outfitted with Confederate and American flags, and embarked on a drive around Douglasville, Ga., a small city west of Atlanta. Tensions around displaying the Confederate flag were already high. Barely a month had passed since Dylann Roof, the avowed white supremacist who had posed with the Confederate battle flag, killed nine black Americans at a church in Charleston.

And the small “Respect the Flag” group went far beyond a display of Confederate pride. Hatred, a Georgia judge said during a sentencing Monday, propelled the group as they descended upon a child’s birthday party and unleashed a storm of death threats and anti-black slurs, and pointed a shotgun.

“Their actions were motivated by racial hatred,” said Judge William McClain of the Douglas County Superior Court,according to the Associated Press. Georgia legislature does not include a law regarding hate crimes.

The 10 men and five women who made up “Respect the Flag” harassed black drivers as well as customers at a Walmart and a convenience store.

Then they happened upon a birthday party being held in Douglasville for an 8-year-old black child. Witnesses told the Southern Poverty Law Center, a nonprofit group that tracks hate crimes, that after driving the trucks across the property belonging to the child’s grandmother, the men exited the vehicles. The “Respect the Flag” group began to yell racial epithets and shout death threats.

“They even threatened to kill children at the party,” according to astatement issued by Douglas County District Attorney Brian Fortner in early February. One of the men, 26-year-old Jose Ismael Torres, pointed a black pump shotgun at the partygoers, prosecutors said. Several panicked citizens called the police.

“Everywhere you went, 911 call centers were flooded with calls,” the judge said, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

“I was scared,” Melissa Alford, the host of the party, told the Southern Poverty Law Center in October, a few days after the group’s members were indicted. “My first thought was if these people start shooting at us, we wouldn’t be able to get all the kids inside the house in time.”

The defendants in the case argued that a party attendee triggered the incident by hurling an object at one of the trucks. Cellphone video taken at the scene showed otherwise, the judge said.

“If you drive around town with a Confederate flag, yelling the n-word, you know how it’s going to be interpreted,” the judge said, per Atlanta’s Fox 5. “It’s inexplicable to me that you weren’t arrested by the police that day.”

The members of the group, two of whom pleaded guilty, were convicted in early February.

Following the convictions, the Douglas County district attorney issued a statement clarifying that this case was not an issue of the First Amendment but of harassment.

“Many people tried to make the case about simply flying the Confederate battle flag. However, it wasn’t about that at all,” Fortner said in the statement. “Instead, this case was about a group of people riding around our community, drinking alcohol, harassing and intimidating our citizens because of the color of their skin.”

The judge handed down the final two sentences Monday. Torres was sentenced to 20 years, serving 13 in prison. The mother of his children, Kayla Rae Norton, 25, was sentenced to 15 years and will serve six. After their prison terms, they will be banished from Douglas County. They were found in violation of the Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act; Norton was found guilty of violating the act as well as a count of making terroristic threats. The jury convicted Torres of three counts of aggravated assault, one count of making terroristic threats and one count of violating the act.

The scene in the courtroom was an emotional one. Both Torres and Norton cried as their sentences were announced, the Associated Press reported. Norton apologized to the victims.

One of the victims, Hyesha Bryant, expressed her forgiveness. “I forgive you,” Bryant said. “And to your family, I’m sorry it had to come this far.”

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Too many political careers are built on dog whistling so nothing will be done.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...st-far-right-foul-mouthed-red-pilling-star-is
YouTube’s Newest Far-Right, Foul-Mouthed, Red-Pilling Star Is A 14-Year-Old Girl
"Soph" has nearly a million followers on the giant video platform. The site's executives only have themselves to blame.

What does a 14-year-old girl dressed in a chador have to say on YouTube to amass more than 800,000 followers?

How about this: “I’ve become a devout follower of the Prophet Muhammad. Suffice to say, I’ve been having a feck ton of fun. Of course, I get raped by my 40-year-old husband every so often and I have to worship a black cube to indirectly please an ancient Canaanite god — but at least I get to go to San Fran and stone the shit out of some gays, and the cops can’t do anything about it because California is a crypto-caliphate.”

Or how about, simply, “Kill yourself, faggot.”

Yes, if you want a vision of the future YouTube is midwifing, imagine a cherubic white girl mocking Islamic dress while lecturing her hundreds of thousands of followers about Muslim “rape gangs,” social justice “homos,” and the evils wrought by George Soros — under the thin guise of edgy internet comedy, forever.

Actually, don’t imagine it. Watch it. It’s already here.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
At the risk of being pedantic, can we not use the term lone wolf? It is quite a cool sounding term, can we call them cnuts?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...st-far-right-foul-mouthed-red-pilling-star-is
YouTube’s Newest Far-Right, Foul-Mouthed, Red-Pilling Star Is A 14-Year-Old Girl
"Soph" has nearly a million followers on the giant video platform. The site's executives only have themselves to blame.

What does a 14-year-old girl dressed in a chador have to say on YouTube to amass more than 800,000 followers?

How about this: “I’ve become a devout follower of the Prophet Muhammad. Suffice to say, I’ve been having a feck ton of fun. Of course, I get raped by my 40-year-old husband every so often and I have to worship a black cube to indirectly please an ancient Canaanite god — but at least I get to go to San Fran and stone the shit out of some gays, and the cops can’t do anything about it because California is a crypto-caliphate.”

Or how about, simply, “Kill yourself, faggot.”

Yes, if you want a vision of the future YouTube is midwifing, imagine a cherubic white girl mocking Islamic dress while lecturing her hundreds of thousands of followers about Muslim “rape gangs,” social justice “homos,” and the evils wrought by George Soros — under the thin guise of edgy internet comedy, forever.

Actually, don’t imagine it. Watch it. It’s already here.
This bit is on the money.

Indeed, one of Soph’s messages seems to be that in a world where the adults who have grown rich through technology took the implications of that technology seriously, she wouldn’t exist. She’s a problem, she seems to be saying, of YouTube’s own making.

“You could beg me kicking and screaming to stop disseminating the ideas I believe in, and it wouldn’t make a fecking difference,” Soph says at the end of “Be Not Afraid," in a passage in which she seems to drop her shtick, if only for a moment. “Not only am I inoculated to that bullshit, most of Gen Z is too. Millennials grew up with MTV and nowadays watch Colbert. We, on the other hand, grew up with the internet, so we have no centralized source of information that controls what we think. We filter out the truth for ourselves; we’re not lazy. No one is brainwashing kids. Kids are simply learning from having free access to information, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

The ultimate target of “Be Not Afraid” is, finally, adults: people who just don’t get why social justice discourse is meaningless and co-optable, why school can’t compare to YouTube, why mass murder can be funny. People who have enough experience to know better. She’s sure that adults are selfish and stupid, that the people with the most power over her life are making it up as they go along, just like she is. When you look at the adults who have gotten rich off the platform that created Soph, she isn’t completely wrong. She's been publishing on YouTube for years with no consequence other than becoming famous.
I mean, she's wrong about "filtering out the truth" when what she's actually doing is being manipulated by an echo chamber but this is the world we get when we reject MSM.

MJJ

This bit is on the money.

I mean, she's wrong about "filtering out the truth" when what she's actually doing is being manipulated by an echo chamber but this is the world we get when we reject MSM.
why mass murder can be funny.

Her rant just screams of a kid trying to be cool or different, not much difference than the woke generation.

nimic

something nice
Scout
why mass murder can be funny.

Her rant just screams of a kid trying to be cool or different, not much difference than the woke generation.
It's probably just a phase. She'll have a moment where she realizes she's getting an unhealthy amount of attention from twenty-somethings, and turn away from it. Someone will show up at her house, or something.

It's either that, or she turns into an actual fascist.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow, I went a bit down the rabbit hole reading about this "Soph" thing and stumbled upon Nick Fuentes.

What the feck is wrong with the world, that tiny children have become brainwashed in to these hateful little shits. My god.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

A party which is both nationalist....and socialist. Hmmm, wonder what a good name for that would be.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
No one takes closet far right extremists seriously either. It's 100 percent a thing and you encounter these people every day. They arent necessarily bad people - theyll be nice to you and waiters etc so no one thinks of them as evil

It's just sad and no one truly cares.

Foxbatt

These so called groups of jihadists were originally state sponsored terrorism against certain countries. This was proxy war. The US used it, The Saudis use it and the Iranians use it etc. I do not think so far right wing extremists are state sponsored that is probably why it is so called " lone wolf". If it is more than one does it become a " Wolf Pack"?