The whole Bush admin is in hot water!

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
I may have a few of the details a tad off...but I'm sure you will all get the picture.

Both presidential advisors Carl Rove and 'Scooter' Libbey are under some sort of 'double secret USSR behind the scenes' inditement. The news here has been going crazy because nobody from the courts are saying exactly who is being indited for what. I has to do with leaking the ex-CIA agent's (Valerie Plame) identity to the press, to have her slandered. There are now hints that the charges could go deeper because they leaked the name of the corperate front, which would expose every other agent that had worked under said corperate front.

Further more, 40 democrat congressmen have petitioned the prosecuter to inquire as to why Bush, Powell, Rice, Cheney, and Rumsfeld haven't been indited because they knowing lied to congress about Saddam seeking yellow cake (and I'm not talking betty crocker).

Anyhow, it looks like this faux conservative movement is imploading around the Bush camp. The corperate media seems right pissed at the moment. Maybe the Democrats laying low til the Republicans take themselves out was a smart move. It'll be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I'll be suprised if markets around the wolrd are not affected by this.

spinoza

Paz's ion
What's there to affect?

It's not as if Bush messed up the Fed - Ben Bernanke is a good, safe choice.

The only concern is the dollar, but I don't think that it will crash right away, since there's far too much money sloshing around in the markets at the moment.

ooeat0meoo

spinoza said:
What's there to affect?

It's not as if Bush messed up the Fed - Ben Bernanke is a good, safe choice.

The only concern is the dollar, but I don't think that it will crash right away, since there's far too much money sloshing around in the markets at the moment.
Has nothing to do with yet another croney...(Bush's financial advisor)...this has to do with criminal charges on all of the people surrounding Bush, including Bush himself.

spinoza

Paz's ion
So?

What will that change?

If he gets kicked out the next bloke might well clean up his mess, in which case markets should rise.

Bernanke was a Fed governor, and a sharp one, before he became Bush's economic adviser. Of all candidates, he's the most likely to know what he's doing. There's unlikely to ever be another Alan Greenspan.

ooeat0meoo

Here's an interesting aspect that I haven't heard a peep about in the press.

What about all the embassy workers that might have worked to the US in the future? This is going to make people shy away from helping out the intelligence community in the USA for a long time. They will be less likely to trust that their names will not be exposed as Plame's had been.

Or the smart kids going through college that may have gone to work for the CIA, they would be fools to put their lives in the hands of such idiots running govt in the states.

This is a bigger mess than is being reported, I'm sure.

spinoza

Paz's ion
LABOB said:
Here's an interesting aspect that I haven't heard a peep about in the press.

What about all the embassy workers that might have worked to the US in the future? This is going to make people shy away from helping out the intelligence community in the USA for a long time. They will be less likely to trust that their names will not be exposed as Plame's had been.

Or the smart kids going through college that may have gone to work for the CIA, they would be fools to put their lives in the hands of such idiots running govt in the states.

This is a bigger mess than is being reported, I'm sure.
You may well be right...

But don't conflate economics with politics, they are distinct creatures who interact occasionally.

ooeat0meoo

spinoza said:
So?

What will that change?

If he gets kicked out the next bloke might well clean up his mess, in which case markets should rise.

Bernanke was a Fed governor, and a sharp one, before he became Bush's economic adviser. Of all candidates, he's the most likely to know what he's doing. There's unlikely to ever be another Alan Greenspan.
Listen spinoza....Bernanke is the least of his troubles at the moment.

spinoza

Paz's ion
LABOB said:
With Bush's ties to oil...God knows what he's capable of influencing, once the heat gets closer to him.
Bush can't move the oil price much, short of bombing Saudi Arabia.

If he could he would have tried to lower it when it hit 70 dollars a barrel. Instead, he had to beg petrol from Europe.

spinoza

Paz's ion
LABOB said:
Listen spinoza....Bernanke is the least of his troubles at the moment.
I was correcting your statement about cronyism.

I still fail to see how Bush getting kicked out can cause a crash in world markets. It's not as if he's actually any good at managing the world (not just US) economy.

ooeat0meoo

spinoza said:
I was correcting your statement about cronyism.

I still fail to see how Bush getting kicked out can cause a crash in world markets. It's not as if he's actually any good at managing the world (not just US) economy.
I'm not saying it will crash the world markets...maybe though. Hopefully not.

Anyhow...just for shits and giggles...not as though they'll all go to jail and or resign...that would leave Bill Frist in charge...oh shit we would be in trouble. He's worse than Bush.

ooeat0meoo

I'm just happy to see the press finally waking up and addressing some of this.

There's no way in hell Bush will be phased by this one bit. He doesn't care how much he screws up this job. He's made a huge mess of everything else he's been involved with.

It's just fun to watch them sqirm a bit. Like when Clarke came out with his book. It is really a shame though...with all the potential good that could come from a country like the US.

DEB

Does Old Trafford
LABOB said:
They damn near did impeach Clinton.
Not being a pedant here, but I'm pretty sure the House did impeach Clinton. He wasn't convicted (removed from office) by the Senate, though.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What is amusing is seeing all the conservative commentators complaining about the criminilization of politics....the same bunch who chomped at the bit to see Clinton get impeached for supposed 'high crimes' that pale when compared to the current mob's misdeeds.

ooeat0meoo

It's been a half hour into the noon news...nothing on CNN OR MSNBC.

Wonder if the story has been pulled by the govt. as a blackout topic.

Cindy Sheehan gets arrested in DC, again

There's another racist college coach

ummm Bush is eyeing another super neo-con judge for the empty spot left by Miers.

There's a new hurricane called Beta

sprinkled in with more Katrina news

Oh My God...a gay professional women's basketball player...now that's news.

ooeat0meoo

...more on the Katrina efforts

General Motors in trouble

CNBC with a positive twist on gentrifacation...ghetto replaced by an artist community

Bush quote 'Miers a fighter and a trailblazer' ...hmmm did she run with the Lewis and Clark ....her biggest accomplishment had been organising a lotto game. confused.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Fox News reported that there would be no indictment announcements today.

Bad news usually occurs on Fridays anyway.

ooeat0meoo

The usuall suspects :rolleyes:

How about your interpretation of what's going on. I can understand that some of you would choose to not comment and simply apply a laughing smiley because otherwise you are at risk of look the fool as in the past. But hey....why not say how you feel.

I would be beyond words if I shared the views of these people, too.

kennyj

LABOB said:
It's been a half hour into the noon news...nothing on CNN OR MSNBC.

Wonder if the story has been pulled by the govt. as a blackout topic.

Cindy Sheehan gets arrested in DC, again

There's another racist college coach

ummm Bush is eyeing another super neo-con judge for the empty spot left by Miers.

There's a new hurricane called Beta

sprinkled in with more Katrina news

Oh My God...a gay professional women's basketball player...now that's news.
:lol: I'd rather not comment about your mindflow no matter how funny I find it.

About the title of this thread, I think it's best to wait until indictments are actually issued so that we know what the issues are.

It seems that far from being "the whole Bush administration," as you so hysterically put it, the names being mentioned are Rove and Libby. It's not a difficult issue - if there's evidence that they broke the law, they should be indicted.

ooeat0meoo

well at 3pm ET the DOW was running a loss of 60 points...plummeting another 71 points in the final hour of the day.

In other financial news...Exxon/Mobile reports earning over $100,000,000,000. Now I'm not sure if that's for the year or just the 3 month quarter. Anyhow, it sure supports the claim of price gouging.

As the indictments hit tomorrow, no matter how they come down, I see at least another 100-200 point hit to the DOW. The confidence levels are being greatly effected and there doesn't look to be anything on the horizon to change it's path.

Bearded but no genius

LABOB said:
I may have a few of the details a tad off...

Further more, 40 democrat congressmen have petitioned the prosecuter to inquire as to why Bush, Powell, Rice, Cheney, and Rumsfeld haven't been indited because they knowing lied to congress about Saddam seeking yellow cake (and I'm not talking betty crocker).
Except of course that actual CIA analyists who were hired in the Clinton era, AND the Blair administration both verified that the memo the yellow cake information was based on was true.

The only person who said it was false was Joseph Wilson, a longtime democratic political hack. He took it upon himself to get his wife (a CIA desk jockey, the infamous Valerie Plame) to appoint him as an 'advisor' to the CIA to go find out if there was truth to the reports, and he came back from Africa having essentially just gone on a week long vacation. He didn't get any access to any intelligence documents, he just got "assurances" from the government.

After Bush said there was an attempt to get yellow cake, based on documentation supplied by the British and the CIA (and now widely believed to be a forgery, including by the Bush administration), Wilson didn't go to the president to try to correct the info - he went straight to the left wing media and his friends in the Democratic Party.

So yes, you might have gotten a few of the details a tad off...

Bearded but no genius

LABOB said:
The usuall suspects :rolleyes:

How about your interpretation of what's going on. I can understand that some of you would choose to not comment and simply apply a laughing smiley because otherwise you are at risk of look the fool as in the past. But hey....why not say how you feel.

I would be beyond words if I shared the views of these people, too.
The sad part is you truly believe all this shit about government blackouts of CNN and MSNBC, and all this insane conspiracy shit.

Seriously, I worry you need to seek counseling or medical assistance, you are frightening in the amount of paranoia you have.

topper

Clown
jasonrh said:
The sad part is you truly believe all this shit about government blackouts of CNN and MSNBC, and all this insane conspiracy shit.

Seriously, I worry you need to seek counseling or medical assistance, you are frightening in the amount of paranoia you have.

You know I''m not a Bush lover jasonrh but this conspiracy thing could have some legs - I was looking at a 9/11 conspiracy site and there do seem lots of basically reasonable questions unanswered including the issue of the so called plane crashing into the Pentagon with no plane wreckage found and why no black box data released

as an aside Be interested in your comments on this

ooeat0meoo

jasonrh said:

You are either clueless or deceptive...here's an example of a media blackout. The CIA takeover of Iran, back in the 50's. It had been nothing but rumors for decades. Then the NY Times and several of newspapers run the story. Then suddenly mid-story it vanished...reported as classified information, the details where not supposed to be leaked...and the story never came back.

My sphere of assumption doesn't go beyond educated (guessing) possibility. Usually, I'm correct...not always, I admitt.

ooeat0meoo

jasonrh said:
Except of course that actual CIA analyists who were hired in the Clinton era, AND the Blair administration both verified that the memo the yellow cake information was based on was true.

The only person who said it was false was Joseph Wilson, a longtime democratic political hack. He took it upon himself to get his wife (a CIA desk jockey, the infamous Valerie Plame) to appoint him as an 'advisor' to the CIA to go find out if there was truth to the reports, and he came back from Africa having essentially just gone on a week long vacation. He didn't get any access to any intelligence documents, he just got "assurances" from the government.

After Bush said there was an attempt to get yellow cake, based on documentation supplied by the British and the CIA (and now widely believed to be a forgery, including by the Bush administration), Wilson didn't go to the president to try to correct the info - he went straight to the left wing media and his friends in the Democratic Party.

So yes, you might have gotten a few of the details a tad off...
What the feck are you going on about? :boring:

More of your defensive bullshit...aren't you beyond that. (another :boring: )

Was taking about the 40 dems that wrote prosecuter in the libby rove indictment...stop being such a turd...everyone knows Bush and Blair lied...didn't Blair admitt to it?

kennyj

LABOB said:
Like I said...I could be wrong. Let's see after the annoucement of the indictment in a few minutes.
You could be right, there's hours left. If you are ever right, I'll give you props.

kennyj

LABOB said:
For anyone with money in the market...my hopes are with you that it isn't effected.
The market's been stagnant for a while now, despite some pretty good profit reports. But a drop of 100 or even 200 points isn't that dramatic. The problem with the market is the price of fuel, which could lead to inflation - always the market's biggest fear.

The market is hard to predict because it's counterintuitive. Much like this forum, there's people who find good and bad in everything. It could go down because Libby is indicted, but it could go up because Rove wasn't. I don't think that it will be much of a factor and that it will rise and fall on the price of oil - at least in the short term.

Usually the end of the year is good for the market. Reportedly, Wall Street bonuses will be up 30% to a reported $30 billion and a lot of that money is targeted for the market. Around February, that could change.

ooeat0meoo

kennyj said:
The market's been stagnant for a while now, despite some pretty good profit reports. But a drop of 100 or even 200 points isn't that dramatic. The problem with the market is the price of fuel, which could lead to inflation - always the market's biggest fear.

The market is hard to predict because it's counterintuitive. Much like this forum, there's people who find good and bad in everything. It could go down because Libby is indicted, but it could go up because Rove wasn't. I don't think that it will be much of a factor and that it will rise and fall on the price of oil - at least in the short term.

Usually the end of the year is good for the market. Reportedly, Wall Street bonuses will be up 30% to a reported $30 billion and a lot of that money is targeted for the market. Around February, that could change.
A sharp decline could come before Feb because of holidays sales this year could possibly on reach half of what last year's sales were. I'm guessing on a late December ealry January drop bellow 10,000 in the DOW.