Anymore? Why are we not interested?

Last edited:

Devil may care

Aubemeyang - Doesn't have the hold up play Jose likes in a #9
Sanchez - Wenger wouldn't sell Jose a used condom
Ozil - See above
Costa - Which one?
Dyabla - He seems pretty much only interested in Spain if he leaves Juve

Lemar and Carrasco are the ones I am surrpised we are not interested in if we want a winger, and if you meant Diego Costa than I'd add Douglas Costa to my list as well.

Irrational.

Verratti ticks every box for us, his agent's been piping up recently and I'm surprised our name hasn't been mentioned. More likely to join RM/ Barca I guess.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Verratti ticks every box for us, his agent's been piping up recently and I'm surprised our name hasn't been mentioned. More likely to join RM/ Barca I guess.
Would cost more than 100m and has a less than inspiring injury record. If we're looking for someone to play DM, not sure paying that premium for Verratti is wise considering the physicality of the PL. If he could stay fit he'd probably be the best midfielder in the world, but he always seems to be injured.

Morpheus 7

Aubemeyang: Things could not be good between the club's after Miki last year. I think he would be great in the premier league but he doesn't strike me as loyal. Been disrespectful to Dortmund since he got there, going on about playing for Real all the time.

Sanchez: Wenger would not sell their best player to us after rvp. DT and Troopz would be setting the stadium on fire blud.

Ozil: Absolute waster, epitomises the weak Arsenal mentality. Zero work rate and usually needs to go for a holiday during the year? Think Jose even called him a coward when he was at Real.

Costa: If you mean Diego, I wouldn't want that cheating, disloyal Orc anywhere near us and I doubt Jose would either. If you mean Douglas, yeah be an interesting signing at the right price.

Dybala: Don't think he wants the move to England, juve would demand insane money after Pogba.

I trust Jose knows what the squad is lacking more than us. He knows what the team are missing. We may not be after huge names but a certain profile to compliment what we have. I trust Jose, we don't know for sure who wants us too, no point chasing people who don't want to be here.

Red Stone

Wenger and Mourinho don't do the negotiations.
I bet you Wenger has enough power at Arsenal to tell the club to flatly reject anything we send their way. Similarly, Mourinho might have refused to add any Arsenal players to his list so Wenger and Arsenal don't get the satisfaction of telling us to feck off.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I bet you Wenger has enough power at Arsenal to tell the club to flatly reject anything we send their way. Similarly, Mourinho might have refused to add any Arsenal players to his list so Wenger and Arsenal don't get the satisfaction of telling us to feck off.
It doesn't work like that. The club are professional and don't care about 'satisfaction of refusing an offer' etc. If Arsenal get a bit from us and City they'll be viewed similarly as the clubs pose a similar thread in the PL in terms of competitiveness. No way they'd accept a X bid from City and refuse a X+10 bid from us because Wenger is mad at Mourinho.

AndyJ1985

It's a pretty stupid question to ask when you think about it, because the answer is straight forward. Either Jose doesn't want them or the player isn't interested in joining us.

snk123

Douglas Costa surely. This team is crying out for such a player (hazard, sanchez) type

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I heard rumours earlier in the season that we were in but all I hear now is City, Chelsea and (formerly) Liverpool in the hunt for Van Dijk. We need a CB so I'd be amazed if we weren't taking at least a passing interest in that race.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I heard rumours earlier in the season that we were in but all I hear now is City, Chelsea and (formerly) Liverpool in the hunt for Van Dijk. We need a CB so I'd be amazed if we weren't taking at least a passing interest in that race.
For £60m? Not for me. £25m is top whack imo.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
For £60m? Not for me. £25m is top whack imo.
I'd be lying if I said the money doesn't matter to me at all; I like a good bargain as much as the next bloke and I had a giggle at £35m for Carroll, but I feel like the transfer market is broken beyond repair. The stupid amounts of money changing hands will only get larger and more numerous so I'm finding myself thinking if the club can foot the bill and Jose wants the player I don't really care what the number is at the end of the transfer.

I agree he doesn't look a £60m player, but honestly what does a £60m player look like anymore?

dcullivanio

Kane. We should try for Kane no matter what. If we get rebuffed then so be it. But we should be trying by for him at least. Consecutive PL golden boot winner and only the fourth player to score 20+ in three consecutive seasons (RVN, Henry and Shearer being the others) He has a great attitude as well. I know it won't happen but we should be in for him imo

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I'd be lying if I said the money doesn't matter to me at all; I like a good bargain as much as the next bloke and I had a giggle at £35m for Carroll, but I feel like the transfer market is broken beyond repair. The stupid amounts of money changing hands will only get larger and more numerous so I'm finding myself thinking if the club can foot the bill and Jose wants the player I don't really care what the number is at the end of the transfer.

I agree he doesn't look a £60m player, but honestly what does a £60m player look like anymore?
Yeah I definitely agree, and to be fair he's probably as good as £50m David Luiz, it's just the principle :lol:. £60m for a defender who would have cost £25m in 2015 for his ability!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Because in order for teams to take you seriously you'd have to make an offer, a serious offer, and follow it up.

This is not fm where we can test the water on every wonderkid we find bidding 2m just for pistake.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Absolutely mental we are not even linked with the following players:

Aubemeyang
Sanchez
Ozil
Costa
Dyabla

Anymore? Why are we not interested?
Aunemeyang - I don't believe he's the type of number 9 Jose prefers
Sanchez - I don't see being sold to anyone in the PL especially after Wenger's recent protracted contract extension
Ozil - Do Not Want!!
Costa - He wants a move abroad back to Madrid
Dybala - A summer too soon for him to move, expect him to be on everyone's want list next summer

My pick would be Fabinho - ok we've been linked but I'm not sure I buy into those links. Along with Griezmann he was/is my biggest want this summer but I genuinely don't think we're in for him

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I always thought Mourinho to be overcautious in his market approach, always trying the best deal, not the best player.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aubemeyang: Things could not be good between the club's after Miki last year. I think he would be great in the premier league but he doesn't strike me as loyal. Been disrespectful to Dortmund since he got there, going on about playing for Real all the time.
I don't think so. The officials are upset with the player himself for apparently leading them on and then doing his best to force a move, but between the clubs it's just business and Dortmund were very well compensated by United. My guess is that the Mourinho is looking for a bulkier striker and perhaps that Aubameyang would rather go to Spain or France.

leaving aside that I could see Wenger blocking a transfer to Mourinho/Utd:
Özil belongs into a dominant team imo.

Sanchez supposedly is quite high up Bayern's list, so maybe he simply prefers to go there.

Dybala seems destined for a Spanish club, he would be foolish to leave Juventus for United at this point.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The interesting one is Moussa Dembélé (Celtic one). Considering the amount of money we offer for relatively unproven strikers, I don't know why we have't been linked with him. Looked quite good in CL - so it's not like his reputation is based solely on the Scottish league

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Douglas Costa
Lorenzo Insigne
Tomas Lemar
Fabinho (we might be tbf.)
Tolisso
Keita (Leipzig one)

Last edited:

AshRK

It's not about what we fans want, it's about what the system demands. This is why Jose's transfer record has been mostly successful. He identifies his players and always has plan A,B,C .

I honestly can't see kane playing for another english club. Gone are those days where spurs were punching bags for other big english clubs.maybe he might go to barca or real but can't see any other english club poaching him. If it ever happens , it will be the ugliest transfer to ever happen.Levy will go mad, that's how he is. Remember how he refused to sell modric to both Chelsea and us even for 40 odd million but sold to real madrid for £27 million. That's how he is and now with some successful league finishes, he will become even more hard to strike a deal with.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's not about what we fans want, it's about what the system demands. This is why Jose's transfer record has been mostly successful. He identifies his players and always has plan A,B,C .

I honestly can't see kane playing for another english club. Gone are those days where spurs were punching bags for other big english clubs.maybe he might go to barca or real but can't see any other english club poaching him. If it ever happens , it will be the ugliest transfer to ever happen.Levy will go mad, that's how he is. Remember how he refused to sell modric to both Chelsea and us even for 40 odd million but sold to real madrid for £27 million. That's how he is and now with some successful league finishes, he will become even more hard to strike a deal with.
Meh if they dont change wage structure they may still have to be a selling club

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any left back, especially mendy. Has everything mourinho typically likes yet its all city being linked.
Lemar for the left wing, would be class. Naby keita in midfield, could form a brilliant trio with Herrera and pogba. Tolisso, same as keita.
A few more too

therambler

The interesting one is Moussa Dembélé (Celtic one). Considering the amount of money we offer for relatively unproven strikers, I don't know why we have't been linked with him. Looked quite good in CL - so it's not like his reputation is based solely on the Scottish league
Came here to say this. Fair enough, the Scottish league isn't that strong but Dembélé is young and has stood out as much as van Dijk and Wanyama did in their time up there.

reddevil702

The one player I'd really love is Dybala... if we had a chance to get him and didn't it be devastating! Kane and Allí would be great as well but I think we have to establish ourselves in the premier league again before they'd consider leaving the Spurs.

Verrati imo is quite possibly the most overrated player on the Caf... good CM but he's made to seem as if he'd be the answer to all our problems. I've seen more PSG games were I've come out more impressed with matuidi than verrati. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be upset if we bought him but for the fee he's going to cost I really doubt he's worth it.