Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

Maxii

Paad
A friend was telling me today that peta complained about this series using real lemurs and monkeys and not cgi. I can't for the life of me remember any scenes with these animals.
They said the same thing about using a real Bruxa. I’m glad they did though, was my favourite episode

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I didn't post because of the peta complaint, I don't want to start a thing, I just want someone to tell me where in the series these animals appear because I honestly don't remember seeing them.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I didn't post because of the peta complaint, I don't want to start a thing, I just want someone to tell me where in the series these animals appear because I honestly don't remember seeing them.
I don’t remember them at all but my guess would be in the market? I’m going to do a rewatch so I’ll keep an eye out.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I remember seeing a lemur somewhere, but I can't remember where. Probably one of the cities.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
As someone that has read the books season 1 was good as a starting point, season 2 was piss poor.

It started to feel like I was watching some crappy Sky One Christmas seasonal show. I fully expect David Walliams to appear in season 3 now. Awful.

Another franchise butchered by cultural vandals. What will Liberals and their turd fingers turn to next?
What does that mean?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
He paid the price for that though. Took a one time sum for the rights to the story from CD Projekt Red instead of a percentage, didn't he? For a game that sold as well as Witcher 3, that must've been a huge loss for him.
Nah, he decided to sure for millions and CDPR paid something to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just finished season 2. Thought it was fantastic, possibly my favourite current running show.

I never understood why people get all butt hurt when a tv show deviates from a game or a book that it is built off of. Some random guy made up this book from his imagination, and some other random guy is making his version of a tv show based off of it. It doesn't have to follow it. At all. Stop being such nerds. It's fine. It's literally all fiction and as long as it's entertaining and has a good story, who gives a feck? If you like the book so much, just read the book again if you want to relive that exact storyline.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yen not white innit.
Can't be. The poster seemed so pleasant so there is no way they could harbor such feelings.

Surprisingly I think that is the first time I have been called a twat in my life. The American vocabulary is not as refined, I guess.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just finished season 2. Thought it was fantastic, possibly my favourite current running show.

I never understood why people get all butt hurt when a tv show deviates from a game or a book that it is built off of. Some random guy made up this book from his imagination, and some other random guy is making his version of a tv show based off of it. It doesn't have to follow it. At all. Stop being such nerds. It's fine. It's literally all fiction and as long as it's entertaining and has a good story, who gives a feck? If you like the book so much, just read the book again if you want to relive that exact storyline.
Yeah, you'd basically just have the exact same story across 3 different forms of media, books, games and TV. Would be pointless reading/playing/watching all 3 in that case.

It could be loyal as hell to the books but people would complain "that's not how I imagined it looking".

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can't be. The poster seemed so pleasant so there is no way they could harbor such feelings.

Surprisingly I think that is the first time I have been called a twat in my life. The American vocabulary is not as refined, I guess.
Consider it a badge of honour. All you need now is to be called "arsehole", "dickhead" and "massive tit" and you get a free MAGA hat.

Irwin99

Got two more episodes to watch but I've enjoyed it more than season one I have to say. Seems to have a bit more clarity than the first season which had too many time skips. The actress playing Triss has really grown on me and Yen and Ciri are both well done I think.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We're halfway through Season 2. The missus is enjoying Geralt and I'm enjoying Yennefer's absolutely perfect honkers.

It's not sexist of we're both being perverts, right?

pascell

Anyone got a video recap for The Witcher games 1&2, I've just downloaded no.3 so could do with a recap.

The Witcher 3 is only £6.99 on the ps store btw if anyone fancys buying it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thats the edition I bought, if there's any other DLC I need to buy I'll happily buy it
We’ll, I should’ve said all the DLCs and the 2 Expansion Packs which are the big ones. So nothing else to buy. I don’t know how much time you have for a recap, but this was a good one. She also did one on TW1 but I don’t know if that’s necessary.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone got a video recap for The Witcher games 1&2, I've just downloaded no.3 so could do with a recap.

The Witcher 3 is only £6.99 on the ps store btw if anyone fancys buying it.
Best 6.99 you’ll spend.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's a ridiculous price for such a game :lol: I mean, how many triple A games ever drop that low?

I'd say it's still worth like £70, easily.
Especially when you factor in the DLC's as well. So much great content and at least 100 hours of gameplay there. I remember spending about 20 hours doing stuff in Novigrad during my first play through where I didn't even leave the city and go anywhere else for that whole time.

I need to pick that up again at some point.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Especially when you factor in the DLC's as well. So much great content and at least 100 hours of gameplay there. I remember spending about 20 hours doing stuff in Novigrad during my first play through where I didn't even leave the city and go anywhere else for that whole time.

I need to pick that up again at some point.
So, what you are saying is that you were just hanging at the Passiflora?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think I spent over 20 hours in white orchard thinking "this is feckin massive" ... The smallest section of the map :lol:

evil_geko

Well showrunner said many times how adaption will be true/faithful to the books so it's partly her fault by creating the expectations on that front.

pascell

We’ll, I should’ve said all the DLCs and the 2 Expansion Packs which are the big ones. So nothing else to buy. I don’t know how much time you have for a recap, but this was a good one. She also did one on TW1 but I don’t know if that’s necessary.

As Organic Potatoes said there are 2 Game Expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, for Witcher 3 and the GOTY version comes with both of them.
Best 6.99 you’ll spend.
Thanks guys, just getting started!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck it, downloaded the game. Saw that the ps5 update to the game is due to come out next year after it was delayed, but I'll just do the normal until then. Didn't properly play it the first time around but now that I know all the characters/story better, I think I'll enjoy it more.

atkar83

I played and enjoyed Witcher 3, and I thought the first season of the Netflix show was fine. But man, its a slog getting through the 2nd season (I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in). I just find it boring, and the characters are pretty one dimensional. The monsters & battles with them look great, except there is little tension since its obvious Geralt isn't going to get killed.

I can't place my finger on it, but it just feels more like a 90s Hercules/Xena show with a much higher budget than an epic like Game of Thrones. While its hard to compare the two shows, since one is about a central character and the other about a massive world with multiple main characters, I just feel show Witcher could use some of the grittiness, writing & depth of characters early GoT had. I started Wheel of Time, and it has the same vibe, like a Hallmark channel Christmas movie version of an epic show. Good characters are obviously good. Shady characters look and act shady, and so on.

I'm hoping the Lord of the Rings tv show doesn't have this same vibe. I'm terrible at explaining what I mean but hopefully it makes sense.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Just finished season 2, and it's not what i expected. Season 1 seemed to set us up for a condensed version of the novels, but season 2 went of these envisioned rails quickly and thoroughly. I have no idea where they are going with all of this, really. It also doen't help that I don't feel any of the main characters made any meaningful progression over the course of the season. Even Yennefer, without going into spoilers, is basically back at where she was at the end of last season. The whole season felt like one giant filler to me, but filler waiting for what?

Irwin99

Just finished Season 2 and I enjoyed it more than the first season but it doesn't quite grip me the way GoT did. Will look forward to season 3 though.

Still love Witcher 3 the game more than the books and the TV series. Sorry, not sorry :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just finished season 2, and it's not what i expected. Season 1 seemed to set us up for a condensed version of the novels, but season 2 went of these envisioned rails quickly and thoroughly. I have no idea where they are going with all of this, really. It also doen't help that I don't feel any of the main characters made any meaningful progression over the course of the season. Even Yennefer, without going into spoilers, is basically back at where she was at the end of last season. The whole season felt like one giant filler to me, but filler waiting for what?
That's not fair, lots of stuff happened. The elves are coming back in full force and Ciri discovered her true powers, and.....

Holy shit, you might be right.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That's not fair, lots of stuff happened. The elves are coming back in full force and Ciri discovered her true powers, and.....

Holy shit, you might be right.
In continued fairness (aren’t we all pleasant tonight) the Blood of Elves (book this season was based on) was lacking in action. I did think Ciri grew quite a bit and Yen had growth as well when with Jasker.

Time of Contempt (next book) is one of my favorites. If adapted well it should be good, but it does lack in “monster hunting”.