The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope Croatia win, but I don't think they will. Can see France grinding out a 2-0 with a late counter attack goal from Mbappe.

Giroud will score.

alsabi

Last three finals have gone to extra time, one to penalties. I feel to make this one interesting an opening goal from Croatia is a must.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I fancy Croatia to sneak this, obviously France are and should be favourites but I don't think it's nailed on.

podurban2

France 1-0 Croatia in a complete borefest is my prediction.
God damn that would be an anti-climax, but most probable. I actually miss the group stages, some of these final games have been underwhelming to say the least.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Wishing injury on a player
Really hate French people but also really hate the Croatian attitude after beating us.

Hopefully 5 leg breaks each and the match is abandoned.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Both teams have fantastic midfields, whoever wins that battle wins the game for me. I know France are stronger in other areas and should be much fresher but Croatia are a very streetwise team and when the pressure is on they won’t panic. Also they didn’t seem to have any endurance problems against England so if that holds up I think they can cause an upset. I hope they do, gets a new name on that trophy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
France to win. Much better players, and will have that feeling of what it's like to lose a major final fresh in their minds.
Had them to win It from the start.

I hope France absolutely hammer them. Firstly Pogba plays for France, secondly Croatia's response to winning the semi final.

I actually think it could be 3 or 4 nil to the French. Kante will cancel out Modric leaving Pogba to dictate things, and they have no one to cope with the pace of Mbappe.

Siorac

I'll be rooting for Croatia but France have more quality, they will be fresher and they are not afraid to sit back and rely on counters to expose Croatia's slow-ish defence. So I'm expecting a relatively straightforward France victory.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will be a tight game. France never really run riot against anyone, so its laughable to suggest they will here against the best midfielder in the world. Think they'll win in the end, as they have played 90 minutes less in the knockouts along with 1 extra day rest which is significant IMO. Quality wise france are better for the most part, but its not that big of a gap tbf. Combined 11 would be something like:

Subasic/lloris (draw)
Vrsaljko - Varane - Umtiti - Hernandez
Kante
Modric - rakitic/pogba (draw)
Mbappe - Griezmann
Mandzukic
6 for france, 3 for croatia, 2 draws IMO. Centerbacks and Mbappe with his pace are probably the biggest quality gaps and will be the difference in the end.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
France 1-0 Croatia with a Giroud header AET.

It will make for a better match if Croatia get an early goal.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
That makes ten leg breaks in the game. Quite a lot, but I will put some money on it thanks to your hunch.

Most I've seen was like...seven.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Start time 16h00

Will Croatia win their first world title? Can France recover from Euro2016?

Who will be the matchwinner?
No
Yes
Lucas Hernandez with a goal from a set piece

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I just wanted to wish all the players participating in this match the very best of luck.

Break a leg, lads.

Ban

I hope France absolutely hammer them. Firstly Pogba plays for France, secondly Croatia's response to winning the semi final.

I actually think it could be 3 or 4 nil to the French. Kante will cancel out Modric leaving Pogba to dictate things, and they have no one to cope with the pace of Mbappe.
:lol:
Still spouting crap I see.

Alemar

Plan to visit the game, hope it will be a good one! France looks more solid so far, but Modric has won 10 finals he played in...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Plan to visit the game, hope it will be a good one! France looks more solid so far, but Modric has won 10 finals he played in...
That's outstanding. Really true? I just know about CL wins...Spanish cups others? Won some League Cup in England?

Guess something in Croatia as well...