There is absolutely no justification in calling for Mourinho's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Stop it. You're making us look bad.

The last month has been poor for us. That's fair enough to think and reflect on. But the amount of posts that are calling for his head or saying Mourinho is a "dinosaur" is ridiculous.

We are still second in the league. We've qualified a tricky CL group.

We don't get anywhere by sacking a manager at this point, we don't get anywhere by starting all over again.

Think of where we have been over the last few years. Think of some of the lows you've had as United fans. A 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge isn't that bad in reflection. We want to be better, but we're not a million miles away.

Minimalist

Don't think anyone is serious about him being sacked. He can still finish in the top four and that would be a reasonable season considering both last season's finish and the shite football we play.

Not sure I want to hear about contract extensions and all that jazz though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Proper fan Wum. Back the gaffer

:D

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don't think anyone is serious about him being sacked. He can still finish in the top four and that would be a reasonable season considering both last season's finish and the shite football we play.

Not sure I want to hear about contract extensions and all that jazz though.
Top 4 would be a good season? Disagree. Maybe 4 years ago it would have been.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
"Let him go, get in a DOF and let a new manager have a few years to really imprint an identity on this squad because as of now we just look like a squad made up of many different parts."
"He can piss off"
"Bin him in the summer.

Had enough."
"Hope he gets his big payday at PSG."
That's from ONE page in his thread.

Minimalist

Top 4 would be a good season? Christ.
:lol: Listen, I think the expectation should have been to challenge for the title but I can call it as it is. As it stands, Spurs, City and Chelsea are all probably better teams than United.

Finishing in the top four would be acceptable.

Don't want Mourinho for much longer though. He's not going to change and it's shite football.

OverratedOpinion

You're right, there isn't. But the grass is always greener and if we hired Pochettino or whoever they would definitely have this side running away with the league by 15 points, until he didn't at which point a lot of people would see the solution as sacking him after 18 months and hiring the next flavour of the month.

notcool

Supports
a
Both Chelsea and Spurs have lost to top 6 teams. We need to calm down.

Fridge chutney

I agree with you but weren't you one of the ones calling for his head a few weeks ago?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
:lol: Listen, I think the expectation should have been to challenge for the title but I can call it as it is. As it stands, Spurs, City and Chelsea are all probably better teams than United.

Finishing in the top four would be acceptable.

Don't want Mourinho for much longer though. He's not going to change and it's shite football.
I suppose you’re right. I probably would take 3rd and the FA Cup or something if it meant we get an attacking coach in for next season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I agree with you but weren't you one of the ones calling for his head a few weeks ago?
I always back the manager. I think he was the wrong appointment and have made some threads that have encouraged some great debates, but I think at this point we gain nothing by sacking him.

ROFLUTION

We are still overall progressing compared to last season and the shitty years before

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Wait a minute, isn't OP the guy who really hates Mourinho? Something doesn't add up here.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’d be more than happy to see him replaced at the end of the season. Probably won’t happen but definitely don’t want to see him extend his contract.

Moonred

Why are people melting down? Not a huge surprise the result or the style of play. We are still second. About right, we will fight and see how it goes. Some teams are just better.

Robaldo

The last month has been poor for us. That's fair enough to think and reflect on. But the amount of posts that are calling for his head or saying Mourinho is a "dinosaur" is ridiculous.

We don't get anywhere by sacking a manager at this point, we don't get anywhere by starting all over again.

Think of where we have been over the last few years. Think of some of the lows you've had as United fans. A 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge isn't that bad in reflection. We want to be better, but we're not a million miles away.
I don't think our CL group could have been any easier.

We had an easy start to the PL season until the Liverpool game - and we've been poor since.

In a footballing sense I wouldn't sack him - although I don't think it's been impressive - but his flirtation with P$G (who probably aren't terribly interested) and his statements about the fans recently are bound to piss people off, yes.

JohnnyKills

If you care about United you won't care about "making us look bad". If it's the right thing for the club I couldn't give a shit what other fans think.

Personally i'm not in favour of getting rid of Mourinho now as there's no-one out there who's better. But if the football hasn't improved by the summer i'd be happy for him to do one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Most people aren't calling for his head from what I've seen. I'm far from that. But there are MANY reasons to be upset with him or criticize him. He's useless at creating attacking play, which most people knew. He buys players who are effective up top and then organizes a defence and gets results. But what happens when you don't get that success that you seemingly sacrificed the play for? Upset fans is one.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Seriously fans are calling for his head. Do they not realise what a state this club was in when he joined?

While days like today are frustrating, he’s only been at the job just over a year, he’s still having to field some sub standard players that he inherited.

As it stands we’re second in the league and as good as qualified for the knockout stage of the CL.

Yes he has had to resort to some defensive tactics during a central midfield injury crises.

Judge the guy at the end of the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You have six teams going for one position. So five teams have to basically lose out. We are going to be one of that five, as City will win it. Making the top four will be an achievement on last year.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Give it giggsy until the end of the season.

Paul_Scholes18

Nope it would be stupid to sack him. Problem with Mourinho is in general he start well in clubs and things don't normally improve very much with time. Hopefully we can do well this season, but if we don't I doubt next season will be better.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Who is calling for his head? I am probably the most negative in regards to Mourinho and even I am not really calling for his.

Unmutual

Last thing we need is another managerial change. We need some stability, and while we don't exactly look like would-be league winners today, generally we look more like contenders these days than at any point since Fergie left. Short of a total collapse, Mourinho deserves the rest of this season and next to show what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.