There is absolutely no justification in calling for Mourinho's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Poch wouldn't come here at the moment, he has already said he wouldn't go to Real and he is enjoying it at Spurs. We need to get all the injured players back and go from there. We will have a really strong bench then and hope Jose just gets his tactics per game right. He might not have got them wrong today, if we had defended the ball to Morata properly, they should have been ready for what was coming as it has been used by Chelsea before.
I was being sarcastic about Pochettino.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm not calling his head (hate that expression) obviously but I can say I feel nothing for him as a coach. No admiration, no special hatred. Moyes annoyed me from the go, LVG was fun at first but then.. no comment. I'm just indifferent to Mourinho. Keep hoping for an impossible change in him....

arthurka

We never win at the Bridge, SAF struggled there as well as Moyes and LVG no matter who managed Chelsea.. The only thing I will say regarding this, Mourinho's setup away vs the top six is disgraceful..

Shark

@NotShark
We never win at the Bridge, SAF struggled there as well as Moyes and LVG no matter who managed Chelsea.. The only thing I will say regarding this, Mourinho's setup away vs the top six is disgraceful..
Under SAF we came back from 3-0 down there. Can you imagine this team pulling that off?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm not calling his head (hate that expression) obviously but I can say I feel nothing for him as a coach. No admiration, no special hatred. Moyes annoyed me from the go, LVG was fun at first but then.. no comment. I'm just indifferent to Mourinho. Keep hoping for an impossible change in him....
Yep, I’m with you on this my friend.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I did not expect a global meltdown.:lol:

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Same.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
This. Literally incredible that people are even contemplating him getting the sack
You're expecting some people to have perspective. They can't because they've known us to be the dominant force since they started watching football. Watching us through the 80's makes winning with great football a treat not a right.
Imo this team has the makings of a team that could be immense. Its missing a key ingredient that when we find it will kick on and boss teams from front to back.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
course thier is no justification for calling for Mourinhos head, we are second in the league which makes sense considering we have the second best squad.

having said that Mourinho deserves criticism our attacking football is awful this group of players whould be far better going forward then they are, but they dont see to have any clue what they are doing going forward!

peridigm

Christ. Take our current team, give it to any other manager on the planet. Would we be in a better position? Highly unlikely.

AlwaysRed66

If this season does go pear shaped, there is only one person we should spend a fortune on to get, & that is Pochettino. I bet he would improve many of these players considerably, & also not be afraid to play youngsters when needed. I can't believe so many of these players, bought by the last three managers can be so poor & ordinary.

el3mel

If this season does go pear shaped, there is only one person we should spend a fortune on to get, & that is Pochettino. I bet he would improve many of these players considerably, & also not be afraid to play youngsters when needed. I can't believe so many of these players, bought by the last three managers can be so poor & ordinary.
Which players will Poch be supposed to improve ? Mikhi, Mata and Herrera who are near 30 or Young, Valencia and Smalling ? We only have Rashford and Martial that he can develop let's be honest.

I'm looking forward for Poch to come here and realize Mikhi and Mata aren't Alli and Eriksen.

Dorris

You're expecting some people to have perspective. They can't because they've known us to be the dominant force since they started watching football. Watching us through the 80's makes winning with great football a treat not a right.
Imo this team has the makings of a team that could be immense. Its missing a key ingredient that when we find it will kick on and boss teams from front to back.
Agreed. The spine is developing, we're obviously lacking creativity and a number 10, the foundations are there we're just a few players short. People are just seeing their arse because City look so good

James Peril

Nobody is calling for his head, at least noone really means it. There are no alternatives - how do you replace Mourinho? I only want him gone if his heart is not in it, if he has agendas or stupid incidents surrounding him every week. Him being an idiot in the media does not help, I am tired of his childlish comments and fake news. The constant «I don’t complain» is complaining and it’s fooling nobody. Take a defeat like a man and be honest, don’t create fake news like we deserved something today.

AXVnee7

If I actually wanted Mourinho to be sacked I wouldn’t worry. History suggests he won’t stick around beyond a third season. If he does then I expect we’ll have reached a minimum level of success which is great. Jose only cares about Jose though and if he gets fed up he’ll probably leave for PSG or another club.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Agreed. The spine is developing, we're obviously lacking creativity and a number 10, the foundations are there we're just a few players short. People are just seeing their arse because City look so good
Agreed! People don't realise that we've probably had one of our best starts to a PL season in a long time. It's just that the City start has kinda overshadowed that. We still have to play them twice so that's a potential 6 points we could still claw back. I won't give up on this season until we play them and see where the land lies.

But seriously people need to give their heads a wobble. It's embarrassing!

deafepl

Buy Napoli for 300 million in January and transfer all their best players to United for free and replace Jose Mourinho with Maurizio Sarri as a manager so we can tear every team apart and be the most entertaining team in Europe. Everyone would be praising us for our beautiful attacking play. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Canagel

We replaced Zlatan with Lukaku and added Matic to a side which finished 6th last season. That was never going to be enough to win the title this year. We have definitely made good progress and I'm happy with the direction we're going but there are still some big weaknesses in our squad that will prevent us from winning the league. We are still a RB, LB, a 10 and a world class RW from becoming a real force IMO. Maybe we need to lower our expectations. We are still very much a team in progress. City for all their problems last year still comfortably finished 3rd and it's a lot easier to win the league from there. Even with these problems we are still 2nd and you don't give up on the title in November. There is a lot of football to be played and I'm not ready to give up just yet. Let's hope the injured guys return and no one picks up injuries.

C'est Moi Cantona

Didn't he allude to this himself when he first came in? but it just won't happen, whilst it was nothing flashy I'm sure he shocked himself with our early 4-0's, espcially that Everton one, it's just not him.

He tried something more along the lines of what we want to see today, but it was in the main very poor, and I'm sure he's sat at home wishing he'd done a Liverpool on them instead, no doubt at all he'd have got us a point.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
This is easily the best United team since SAF left. You're well behind City this season but you'd be challenging for the league in prior years.

There are clear areas where the squad could be improved, such as fullbacks and midfield, and you have some quality young players that can be expected to improve. So I think you could definitely challenge City next year if things go right.

I do think there are legitimate questions regarding whether Mourinho's tactics and approach to the game are a bit dated at this point. Nobody stays on top forever. But you've got to let him finish what he has started. If he hasn't won the league or CL after next season, then you can reevaluate.

arthurka

Under SAF we came back from 3-0 down there. Can you imagine this team pulling that off?
No.. We also lost 5-0 under SAF. 1 win in the last 15 there has nothing to do with Mourinho.. But I agree this team will never ever be comeback kings.. This 3-0 down came from Fergies last season from a team full of serial winners they came back 13 times that season.. Mourinho has to take the blame for this anti football he plays v the top six but our Bridge form is something that is mental.

prtk0811

Mourinho is accepting lethargicity in ball circulation and transition, we get closed down very quickly while building ban attack and forced to go sideways .

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
People are too obsessed with stats, facts and numbers rather than performances. Yes, some people are too negative, but then you have people thinking everything is fine simply because we are still 2nd in the table (level with Spurs, 1 point ahead of Chelsea, unlikely to catch City in the title race already).

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Of course it is. We are doing well for a team lacking quality in several positions.

I do think the board need to evaluate, at the end of the season, if we should look towards a new manager. I’m not sure Mourinho would have us playing any better than we are now, only more effective, if we bought a few more players. But i’m afraid of going Into a 3rd season under Mourinho, i think it takes a toll on the players playing under him.

Let’s see how well we do from now. It’s all about how positive the atmosphere is around the club when the season ends.

Eddy_JukeZ

Christ. Take our current team, give it to any other manager on the planet. Would we be in a better position? Highly unlikely.
This post reads off as if Jose is still the best manager in the world. He's no longer the best manager though.

kthanksbye

Always knew that our form in the beginning of the season is going to raise the expectations from this season to unreal levels.
Before the season, majority agreed that we missed buying an attacking player, and for us to get into the top 4, a few players will have to massively improve.
My expectation still remains the same, top 4 finish, UCL quarters and a domestic cup/final.
We're in phase 2 of our rebuilding process, don't let the easy start to the season deceive you.

Silverman

I'm not calling for him to be sacked but as I said before, were he to leave in the morning I wouldn't be too displeased. His tactics against stronger teams is incredibly worrying. He either completely sits back or when he does try to go for it today, we look lost. Worrying trend setting in but if he can sort it out then fair play to him.

peridigm

This post reads off as if Jose is still the best manager in the world. He's no longer the best manager though.
To the contrary. What I'm saying is that our team couldn't be elevated no matter who is in charge. Best manager in the world is a matter of opinion. Would you say Emery is best on world because PSG are flying? Moyes could drive that lot. Not arguing, just asking.

Eddy_JukeZ

To the contrary. What I'm saying is that our team couldn't be elevated no matter who is in charge. Best manager in the world is a matter of opinion. Would you say Emery is best on world because PSG are flying? Moyes could drive that lot. Not arguing, just asking.
I don't know. I think a more proactive manager would have us doing better. I just worry the game has passed Jose by. And when you read last season about how Conte coaches attacking patterns(from Hazard himself) and Jose doesn't. It doesn't fill me with confidence.

But no I wouldn't say Emery is the best either. PSG are by far the best team in Ligue 1(though they've looked good in CL), and we'll see how they fare in the CL.

Castia

Another way to look at it would be what players would another manager have signed? I.e spending £30m on a complete flop in Lindelof, that money could be spent elsewhere.

Whoever the manager our main problem is spending in the transfer market, we’ve spent so much fecking money and still have a shite squad.

You aren’t winning anything with the likes of Young, Lingard and Fellaini (admittedly been a bit better this year but still) starting most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.