g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

There's actually worse things than losing

bugmat

I thought in the past couple of seasons that we aren't good to watch, that it's a joyless side.

How very wrong I was. Now I know what that is really like.
This! I've been complaining since 2011 personally about how we actually look (rather than results), but boy has Moyes shown me what for! I saw the 31 reasons article in a paper and the difference between how a team like Bayern play (with players 5 yards way with at LEASTt 3 passing options for the guy on the ball) vs us (each player has only 2 options - forward or backwards- both ~15-20 yards away) was stunning..

bobbyf

Other than Terry (33) and Ivanovic who is perfectly acceptable 30 years of age, Chelsea base themselves on the young players. Lampard, Eto'o and Cole have limited oles.
You're right and some of our players should have limited roles too. They also have to play in the right system where their weaknesses won't be exploited by the opposition.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
But when you hear people talking about our over-30s, they're all past it, supposedly. One or two are, like Giggs and Rio. But not all and they are not being managed properly. Mourinho knows how to get the best out of all of his players.
exactly, it is impossible to explain why we will drop points against cardiff, westbrom, lost to everton and spur even though we got an aging squad (to be exact, just a aging back three)

bobbyf

exactly, it is impossible to explain why we will drop points against cardiff, westbrom, lost to everton and spur even though we got an aging squad (to be exact, just a aging back three)
First, are Rio, Vidic and Evra really still 3 of our back 4? Are they the first names on the team sheet? Not anymore. They don't play every game, do they? I know others like Jones and Evans have had injuries but surely last summer was the time to sign more than one defensive replacement, especially at CB, which is such an important position. And you cannot tell me even our 'ageing' defence cannot handle West Brom and Cardiff. It's because our clueless manager has been incapable of managing them cos of his negative tactics.

Lance Uppercut

What is making losing worse for me, is seeing Liverpool on the up at the same time.

entropy

It is just the lack of aggression from either the players or the manager that hurts me the most. Its Manchester City FFS, how can any manager in the whole wide world not get a hard on for this fixture? How is it humanly possible?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am aware this sounds over the top, but I think most championship sides would turn us over at the minute if there was something to play for in the match.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP