Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Man City alone had handful of top players from the Bundesliga. Boateng, Kompany, Sané, Kevin de Bruyne and Gündogan.
I'm fully aware of that, thanks, I was just pointing out that Mané didn't come from there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Man City alone had handful of top players from the Bundesliga. Boateng, Kompany, Sané, Kevin de Bruyne and Gündogan.
Boateng was not a top player for City :lol: played 16 games for them. What sort of example is that?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Sky Sports have published an article questionin Thiago’s performances and his inability to keep up with the pace in England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ing-hints-at-jurgen-klopps-stretched-midfield
Good article.

I recall similar articles being written about Rodri in his first season at City. As a like for like replacement for Fernandinho, he was as good of a shield as wet tissue paper. However he's excelled in City's team this season, due to the coach changing the system to give him more support, but also he's come to grips with the speed of the league.

Obviously it's no guarantee that Thiago will ever come good (hoping he flops!). I'd bet on him looking better next season.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm trying to think of outfield player hits. I'm sure there are some but none that I can just think of immediately.
De Bruyne, Gündogan, Aubameyang, Son, Sane, Firmino...

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Good article.

I recall similar articles being written about Rodri in his first season at City. As a like for like replacement for Fernandinho, he was as good of a shield as wet tissue paper. However he's excelled in City's team this season, due to the coach changing the system to give him more support, but also he's come to grips with the speed of the league.

Obviously it's no guarantee that Thiago will ever come good (hoping he flops!). I'd bet on him looking better next season.
Age might be an issue Thiago has to deal with, which Rodri doesn't, just from a physical aspect. Rodri was like a dear in headlights for long portions of his early PL career and while Thiago will likely be better next year (or not be as bad, I think would be more accurate), I think he'll still struggle with the pace due to his declining physical attributes. That is unless Klopp completely overhauls his system, but I don't think he has the right personnel to switch to a system that will totally suit Thiago, and if he were to go down that road, that poses a whole lot of other issues.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Age might be an issue Thiago has to deal with, which Rodri doesn't, just from a physical aspect. Rodri was like a dear in headlights for long portions of his early PL career and while Thiago will likely be better next year (or not be as bad, I think would be more accurate), I think he'll still struggle with the pace due to his declining physical attributes. That is unless Klopp completely overhauls his system, but I don't think he has the right personnel to switch to a system that will totally suit Thiago, and if he were to go down that road, that poses a whole lot of other issues.
Yep I agree age is a significant factor.

Also agree with the bolded, unless they bring in players in the summer

Castia

No doubt he’s a good player but he’s been shocking at Liverpool. Waste of space.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We could’ve signed Mark Noble instead and you wouldn’t have noticed the difference.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Some may call that an invisible and ineffective performance, shite even, but they're just people with simple minds who don't understand Thiago's understated brilliance.

A joy to watch, long may he anchor Liverpool's midfield.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Maybe Herrera's dominance in the final wasn't so impressive after all. Seems anyone gets the better of him.

mav_9me

No worries, I was expecting that too happen actually. Thiago in the EPL is a bit like cooking beef tenderloins in a microwave. 90% of fans in here still don't recognize a great midfield performance unless the player scores a long range screamer, plays a few long range passes and excels at slide tackles. Good old kick'n'rush days :)
Stop this nonsense man. You are better than that. Not even Thiago would say this nonsense. So we think he is not doing well= we can't appreciate good football..wow

Klopp Liverpool team are kick and rush. Thats why he is no real use to them.They dont use midfield to win games. It's mainly long balls,crosses and set-pieces.

Eg 2019 V Bayern.

He's making us defend Liverpool.... :eek::eek::nono::nono:

RashyForPM

Looking at the general consensus since his arrival, people think he’s had one good game since joining Pool - his debut against Chelsea. For me, even then he was nothing better than a 5/10 in that game. A few chipped passes under minimal pressure against 10 men, and he even gave away a penalty. Long may the hype continue.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Looking at the general consensus since his arrival, people think he’s had one good game since joining Pool - his debut against Chelsea. For me, even then he was nothing better than a 5/10 in that game. A few chipped passes under minimal pressure against 10 men, and he even gave away a penalty. Long may the hype continue.
I think his first game was more a case of people wanting him to have been good, rather than thinking he actually was. Just like we did with Schweinsteiger.