Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

snk123

Never understood how he was rated as “world class” here. I always remembered him to be a decent midfielder who Moyes missed on because he was too busy having a vacation before the job.

Still is decent - never world class

Renegade

Did you actually watch both play? Klopp would build the team around them like he did with Mario Gotze.
I know that. I was only explaining how this current system would be difficult for technical midfielders to flourish in.

ryadmahrez

The guy has been a bench player for spain for most of his career. Only fairly recently he began starting games for them at 28. Before last season he was just someone who never had a real good season. But a couple of good games in the CL with an immense Bayern team, he suddenly is the best midfielder in the world. Crazy overrated!

gibers

The guy has been a bench player for spain for most of his career. Only fairly recently he began starting games for them at 28. Before last season he was just someone who never had a real good season. But a couple of good games in the CL with an immense Bayern team, he suddenly is the best midfielder in the world. Crazy overrated!
He was benched for Bayern when he came back and only got into the team when Kimmich played as a RB :lol:

Lebo

At some point people thought this guy is superior to Michael Ballack. Is the opinion still the same here?

Renegade

That’s hardly a insult in fairness.

Irrational.

I made it more Bundelesliga

Keine Sorge, ich hatte erwartet, dass das auch tatsächlich passiert. Thiago in der EPL ist ein bisschen wie das Kochen von Rinderfilets in der Mikrowelle. 90% der Fans hier erkennen immer noch keine großartige Leistung im Mittelfeld, es sei denn, der Spieler erzielt einen Long Range Screamer, spielt ein paar Long Range Pässe und zeichnet sich durch Slide Tackles aus. Gute alte Kick'n'Rush-Tage
I’ll make it even more Bundesliga:

*mass Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund fans orgy*

YoU lOvE tO sEe It ;)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I still remember getting pelted with arguments that Thiago is world class, despite my protestations that he clearly wasn't early in this thread.
I notice those people are not posting on here anymore :lol:

Clearly a fish out of water in the premiership, looks absolutely lost, constantly leaving his runner, hardly never looking for a forward pass.
It'd be painful to watch of he wasn't wearing a Liverpool shirt, instead it's hilarious.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Thiago is clearly world class, not his fault that he comes into a team whose spirit has collapsed

Champ

Thiago is clearly world class, not his fault that he comes into a team whose spirit has collapsed
:lol: :lol:
Righto

Not sure we're talking about the same player, Thiagos the bald one in the middle ambling around like a sausage...that one yeah?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
At his best he is world class. I loved him at Bayern but even there he was rarely consistently(!) great.

cyberman

Shite. Doesnt suit our league at all. He cant handle direct pressure in madhouse midfield battles this league provides.

Yes, clearly. He's not 20, he's 30, and has proven that level over many years.
Has he? World Class over many years? A guy who only once in his career has managed 30 league appearances in a season?

Low bar of World class right there.

He’s clearly capable of top drawer performances in a great side, but even at Bayern he had what? 1 stand out season?
In the Prem it’s as though someone filled his boots with cow shit.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
At his best he is world class. I loved him at Bayern but even there he was rarely consistently(!) great.
Last 4 years he was, which is the usual prime for central midfielders. Bayern fans who tell you otherwise are nationalist clowns. 17/18 and 18/19 seasons he was, along with Lewa maybe, arguably the sole consistent world class performer at Bayern.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Over many years? Not sure about that. Many Bayern fans on this forum over the years have been on the fence about him. Last year was probably the best he’s been in the CL too - I’ve never seen him at that level outside of Germany consistently.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Last 4 years he was, which is the usual prime for central midfielders. Bayern fans who tell you otherwise are nationalist clowns. 17/18 and 18/19 seasons he was, along with Lewa maybe, arguably the sole consistent world class performer at Bayern.
Did you just call me a „nationalist clown“? Wtf is your problem? Piss off mate.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Did you just call me a „nationalist clown“? Wtf is your problem? Piss off mate.
Wasn't actually meant to refer to you, so apologies.
I have had the impression that there's been a strong bias towards revising and retouching Thiago's contributions, most recently displayed in the claim that Kimmich/Goretzka somehow were the first choice midfield of the treble season.

Wasn't actually meant to refer to you, so apologies.
I have had the impression that there's been a strong bias towards revising and retouching Thiago's contributions, most strongly displayed in the claim that Kimmich/Goretzka somehow were the first choice midfield of the treble season.
There’s a definite bias when you included a 19 league appearance season as one of his “World class” ones.

Godfather

I can just see Hansi Fick (sic!) sit in front of his computer, this thread open with his fingers ready to type for every Pool game in the hope Alcantara will have a half decent game again.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Was
Has
Was

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I can just see Hansi Fick (sic!) sit in front of his computer, this thread open with his fingers ready to type for every Pool game in the hope Alcantara will have a half decent game again.
Sorry, I wasn't aware that calling Thiago a world class midfielder was so controversial. Honestly, if he isn't one, there are none. But that's as far as I want to discuss it with such a hostile audience :lol:

Champ

He'll be waiting a long time...

Champ

Sorry, I wasn't aware that calling Thiago a world class midfielder was so controversial. Honestly, if he isn't one, there are none. But that's as far as I want to discuss it with such a hostile audience :lol:
Not hostile, just honest.

Godfather

Honestly I couldn't give a rats arse about that guy just find the passion you are defending him with amazing. Not even your player anymore.

macheda14

The current beetle or the old one? The new one is horrendous
Whichever’s smallest and can humorously carry 10 clowns of the German nationalist variety. I also thought they discontinued it? Anyway that’s irrelevant.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am a Bayern fan and below was my opinion of Thiago almost 3yrs ago. It hasn't changed

Talent to some people is completing 98% non risky passes to Kimmich Boateng and Hummels or showboating on social media. Talent to me is application on the field.
Despite Vidals age and misconducts(getting drunk, bar fights) many fans are ready to stick for him because he gives it all on the field.

In Thagos 5 seasons his best game has been vs Arsenal last year in Munich. Other top games he has disappeared.

Still I wont want him sold yet, Renato and Vidal(sadly) can leave before Thiago. Maybe Kovac can make him a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo and have Tolliso/Goretzka and James do the running in front of him
Thiagos application of his skills? on the field is lacking. All those pass completion stats in non threatening parts of the field wont cut it at the top level

Champ

I am a Bayern fan and below was my opinion of Thiago almost 3yrs ago. It hasn't changed

Thiagos application of his skills? on the field is lacking. All those pass completion stats in non threatening parts of the field wont cut it at the top level
Does this make you a nationalist clown??