Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

marktan

He's been a reason for their decline, going from Wjnaldum to him is a downgrade

Of course half their team going the wrong side of 30 and not signing replacements, and getting rid of your most gifted attacker would do that too

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Having a horrible game, misplaced a lot of passes in the last 10 mins after conceding the penalty.

Idxomer

He was good last season but yeah overall he hasn't been a great signing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He keeps proving he's nowhere near as good as the ridiculous hype created when they signed him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I was amazed so many were wanking over him last season as he looked absolutely spent in his first season there, guess he still looks decent once they are really purring but when they aren’t in top form he’s a massive liability.
His general play in his first season was actually fairly good, he just kept making stupid mistakes that would cost the team. It was the kind of performances that were fun to laugh at but there was a worry that he'd cut out the mistakes and be good for them. Which is what happened in the second season. I haven't actually watched them play this season (other than the match against us) so have no idea how he's going now though.

Robbie Boy

I was amazed so many were wanking over him last season as he looked absolutely spent in his first season there, guess he still looks decent once they are really purring but when they aren’t in top form he’s a massive liability.
He wasn't terrible last season, but he looked miles off the player he was once. He was jizzed over because 'playing for Liverpool'...

We saw the same absolute nonsense after the Community Shield, when Nunez was being compared to Haaland :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thiago was excellent for us at times last season. He’s easily our best midfielder but I don’t think he suits the high energy Klopp wants in midfield.

His general play in his first season was actually fairly good, he just kept making stupid mistakes that would cost the team. It was the kind of performances that were fun to laugh at but there was a worry that he'd cut out the mistakes and be good for them. Which is what happened in the second season. I haven't actually watched them play this season (other than the match against us) so have no idea how he's going now though.
It wasn’t the mistakes for me, in his first season he looked like he was running in quick sand.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Thiago was excellent for us at times last season. He’s easily our best midfielder but I don’t think he suits the high energy Klopp wants in midfield.
No way. He's all fart no shit.

Fabinho may have been poor so far in the season, but that triangle of him, Matip and Virgil is very hard to get through. With Thiago there, it's very easy.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No way. He's all fart no shit.

Fabinho may have been poor so far in the season, but that triangle of him, Matip and Virgil is very hard to get through. With Thiago there, it's very easy.
It’s hard to get through when Fabinho and Van Dijk are playing well, but neither are.

Thiago has much better forward passing than any of our other midfielders do. Henderson and Fabinho are mostly safe passer’s.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s hard to get through when Fabinho and Van Dijk are playing well, but neither are.

Thiago has much better forward passing than any of our other midfielders do. Henderson and Fabinho are mostly safe passer’s.
I don't see it myself. I think you've never adequately replaced Wijnaldum - he was good at keeping the ball high up the pitch and always chipped in with some vital goals. With Thiago you don't have either.

cyberman

Biggest fraud in football?
Fred regularly beats his numbers offence wise and he isn’t a sitting midfielder so what is it he actually excels at? Not just Fred but fecking Scott McT as well
He doesn’t score, assist or protect the back 4.

zaafi

Biggest fraud in football?
Fred regularly beats his numbers offence wise and he isn’t a sitting midfielder so what is it he actually excels at? Not just Fred but fecking Scott McT as well
He doesn’t score, assist or protect the back 4.
Are you being serious right now? It's not long ago he was playing amazing. Right now their entire team is playing like garbage and are completely devoid of motivation.

In his period for Bayern München he was unplayable and was in the top percentile for passing accuracy, interceptions and tackles for midfielders despite being considered a "lightweight" midfielder. He was great for Barcelona as well but as he said himself: he was surrounded by legends so playing game wasn't guaranteed, hence why he moved to Bayern.

cyberman

Are you being serious right now? It's not long ago he was playing amazing. Right now their entire team is playing like garbage and are completely devoid of motivation.

In his period for Bayern München he was unplayable and was in the top percentile for passing accuracy, interceptions and tackles for midfielders despite being considered a "lightweight" midfielder. He was great for Barcelona as well but as he said himself: he was surrounded by legends so playing game wasn't guaranteed, hence why he moved to Bayern.
I’ve been calling out Thiago for ages now. A lot of players stand out in Germany.
i picked a random season, both late twenties so in prime.
Tell me where does he stand out v Fred here?
https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...0-2021&player_id2=77e84962&p2yrfrom=2020-2021

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Stats should be banned. Watch a good Thiago game and you'll know what he is (or was) good at.
Starting CM in a treble winning side and a 92 point PL side, is worse than fecking Fred. I'm sure Darwin Nunez is a statistical beast too, so sad we didn't splurge on him!

T_Model101

He has the agility of a 36 year old Scholes
Glad to see he's got another 3 years or something ahead of him clogging it up at Pool

zaafi

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Thiago had only one good season for Bayern most of his time he was either injured or just mediocre, turning and putting an additional spin on a simple 5meter pass to his CM partner adds little to the game

Remember the geese

Calling him out for what?

For a few years, he was one of the best midfielders in the world, and in his last year he won the treble with Bayern München. Injuries have fecked him over lately.
He's one of those myth players. He never went on to fulfill his potential, but we are just supposed to pretend that he's class.

zaafi

He's one of those myth players. He never went on to fulfill his potential, but we are just supposed to pretend that he's class.
I agree that he didn't fulfill his potential, and I don't think he is as good as he was, but to say he's one of the biggest frauds in football is complete nonsense.

Blood Mage

He was one of their best players last season but he's dropped off massively, like most of their players. They've all just ran themselves into the ground.

Suedesi

Such an overrated player. "Looks" elegant and stylish, but under the hood there's not much productivity and substance

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's always looked slightly too slow at everything for me. In his Liverpool time anyway. Can't say I watched Bayern enough to judge him fully there.

Although don't agree he was garbage last season at all. I just wouldn't have him up there as a great midfielder. More someone that could just do a tidy job while other players won the game.

Problem is this season they have Nunez who needs 60 chances per goal, Salah seems to have retired, and no Mane means not only have they lost his threat, but Trent has to actually do his job defensively now, since teams are no longer terrified of being caught on the break

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hard to judge him now as he’s past it but I’ve never been sold on him. Always looks fancy whilst doing nothing. Sure he’s had great moments in his career but I’ve felt he’s been someway short of the elite midfielders

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Some of his finger pointing is ridiculous good.