Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

I'm with you on this one. I also think Moyes time here was an absolute disaster and set us back years, however I have trouble believing this.

Also how come this bit of news never came out at the time? From what I recall from the saga was Moyes was more interested in Fabregas, Kroos etc and Ronaldo was being linked with a return. Then when Pep became Bayern manager Thiago to Bayern seemed to happen very quickly.

My feeling is 'Dithering' Dave lived up to his nickname and started chasing difficult targets and ended up getting nobody apart from Fellaini.
My condolences on your username.

PoTMS

When it rains, it pours. Our teams are going in opposite directions.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Reinforces them as firm title favorites for me (if they weren't already) and surely makes them a high 90's points tally team again if he/they stay fit.

Fantastic signing.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If Thiago had the choice between Moyes and Pep, well ... Moyes probably tried to impress him with his Spanish language skills especially by pronouncing Illarramendi :drool:

Anyway it has been reported for several weeks that he wanted Liverpool. We also already have enough midfielders.

Still this won’t change some people from having a meltdown now as well as every time he touches the ball for Liverpool in future.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Oh for sure I'm not slagging it. It's fantastic for them. Was just commenting on their strategy.
Seriously fair fecks to them. FSG, their director and Klopp have turned them into a true football club again.

We aren't even remotely a football club. We are a business and the fans are their consumers. Nothing more. I don't see it ever changing as if it was going to change it would have been under Ole.
Give over

Siorac

Go watch his last game. It was the CL final, iirc
Hey, Di María's last competitive game for Madrid was the 2014 CL final and he got the Man of the Match award. And he turned out to be shite for us.

(Let us keep SOME hope, dammit!)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We were never going to be in for him with our current midfield (though he's better than Pogba with similar injury records) but its just fecking annoying when you go back to how we shouldve signed him. De Gea tapping him up all summer, all the talk and fecking Moyes chasing Fabregas over him for god knows what reason. What a disaster. That summer was somehow worse than this current one but this is easily 2nd worst since then. The annoyance is knowing we shouldve signed him years ago, only to see him develop for Bayern and then sign for Liverpool to strengthen them as a title winning team and give them what they were missing to push on from last season.

Josh 76

I don't agree with that, he isn't as defensive as Fabinho more box to box and IMO an upgrade on Wijnaldum. Hes a winner, I think he has been bought for his mentality as much as his ability. He is far from a desperate signing.
You are going to win the PL (dare i say it CL aswel) with or without him. Not sure how his winning mentality will make any difference.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was my point. Wijnaldum going would be a loss.
Wijnaldum isn’t a patch on Thiago lets be honest. Thiago is exactly what they were missing in midfield, and he'll come in their team and be up there with De Bruyne as the best midfielders in the league this season, as hes the best midfielder of his type in the world. Pogba has never played at the level Thiago has reached, and Bruno obviously a level below de Bruyne while being brilliant himself. Make no mistake, this gives them what they need to push for title #20.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nah it was a 4-0 victory against Ukraine.

Happy that my prediction came true that we'd have a breakthrough one way or another before Bayern played their first Bundesliga game. And also happy that we got it done in the end, you know, skint as we appeared to be.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Doesn’t always work like that. Schweinsteiger bossed the WC final only 1 year before joining us. Both are injury prone players.
However some players get less injury prone when they get older so you never know.

Rajat Jain

This just add that X factor to their midfield that's been missing. Good signing for Liverpool and might be the difference when it comes to who wins the title.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He was past it and his knees were shot when he came to England. Thiago will be massive for Liverpool IMO.
Just as past it and as massive as Bale will be for you. We don’t need these over the hill superstars, they don’t fit Oles strategy :lol: :wenger:

Squeaky Bumtime

Happy that my prediction came true that we'd have a breakthrough one way or another before Bayern played their first Bundesliga game. And also happy that we got it done in the end, you know, skint as we appeared to be.
Who said you're skint. You must be prudent with money atm it seems and getting Thiago so cheap is great business given the circumstances.

saivet

Once Wijnaldum, is sold, they will have 6, Milner is 34 so really its 5. 5 top quality midfielders into 3 positions is depth.
Top quality midfielders? I think that's a big stretch. For me they have good midfielders but only Thiago and possibly Fabinho are top quality.

El Zoido

This just add that X factor to their midfield that's been missing. Good signing for Liverpool and might be the difference when it comes to who wins the title.
X factor? They already won the CL and got 100 points in the league, they already have an X factor. Maybe they’ll be so amazing they’ll win the league twice in the same season now.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Oh right, the Nations Cup...

Well yeah, I didn't have much hope left for this to be concluded. Now we have a last minute agreement. Maybe Uli's ramblings helped after all.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
You're one spot-on manager hiring away from competing for the league again. If you told any Liverpool fan in 2014 that we'd win the CL and PL within 6 years they'd have laughed you out of the building. Football changes too quickly to talk about 10-15 year periods.
If you'd told Liverpool fans in '91 that they wouldn't win the league for thirty years, or the Champions League for fifteen years they'd of laughed you out the building.

Highfather_24

People are underestimating the impact of Thiago. He is a world class midfielder. He will control games for Liverpool. Brilliant signing for them.

Our recruitment is a fecking sham. feck glazers.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Great signing for Liverpool at a good price as well. He would have been an outstanding signing for United but this could be where a world class manager makes a difference when it comes luring a world class player. That's assuming United were interested in him which they'll udnerstandably deny.

jem

That was my point. Wijnaldum going would be a loss.
My LFC-supporting brother is more worried by the prospect of losing Wijnaldum than excited by the idea of getting Thiago, for whatever that's worth.

Jev

Mass muppet murder these past few days. Hard to stay optimistic about the upcoming system when our rivals keep strengthening with players that would have improved us.

Pace Abuser

Feck world class players and feck world class managers. We have James, plays for the shirt. Giggs recommended him you know. We have Lingard, loves the club and gets his siblings ready for school. Does Thiago get his siblings ready for school? Thought not.

We have Ole who once scored a goal for us. We don't need no world class. We're United.

Status
Not open for further replies.