Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Better than Woodward - Overpromise and underdeliver
Oh for sure I'm not slagging it. It's fantastic for them. Was just commenting on their strategy.
Seriously fair fecks to them. FSG, their director and Klopp have turned them into a true football club again.

We aren't even remotely a football club. We are a business and the fans are their consumers. Nothing more. I don't see it ever changing as if it was going to change it would have been under Ole.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was always going to end like that, but this is still heartbreaking.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
How's his injury record?
Not good at all. I mean, not many player have it on two pages.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/thiago/verletzungen/spieler/60444

Maybe this is their Bastian, despite being in the last year of his contract £27m seems way too cheap. When fit, he is absolute class though.

This was always going to happen. It is not Liverpool signing Thiago that worries me, we are just doing nothing. We were far behind them, and with one transfer, they have widened the gap even more, while we need multiple signings and sit there and do nothing
Yeah, this was pretty obvious to happen and we would never get him. Absolutely no point in bashing the club about not going for him. The problem is not getting other players and strengthening.

RashyForPM

Remember when we said midfield was their weak spot and Klopp’s tactics were just shadowing their flaws? Yeah, that makes Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Chamberlain, Fabinho, Milner, Minamino and Jones. That is 8 good midfielders and one world class one. Couple that with their core of Vvd, TAA, Robertson, Alisson, Salah and Mane, and they are clear favourites to win the league. This makes me even angrier at Woodward and the Glazers, that they have just let Liverpool widen the gap, well, chasm between us.

Cannot stand the Dippers.

SER19

We didn't need him. I resent pool improving while Woodward dawdles but feel we have much more pressing areas than what thiago could have addressed, even though he's a fantastic player

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Disaster. Best we can hope is that his fitness isn’t up to the rigours or this league and he’s seldom available. :(

Siorac

You're one spot-on manager hiring away from competing for the league again. If you told any Liverpool fan in 2014 that we'd win the CL and PL within 6 years they'd have laughed you out of the building. Football changes too quickly to talk about 10-15 year periods.
You finished second in 2014 in a nail-biting title race. At that point it wasn't exactly a ridiculous idea, at least not until Suárez's departure.

We're a lot further away than simply a good manager. Every manager we hire will inherit a shitload of problems - for example, players like Jones on ridiculous long-term contracts. And I have little faith in the current leadership to get that "spot-on manager hire" anyway.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not good at all. I mean, not many player have it on two pages.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/thiago/verletzungen/spieler/60444

Maybe this is their Bastian, despite being in the last year of his contract £27m seems way too cheap. When fit, he is absolute class though.

Yeah, this was pretty obvious to happen and we would never get him. Absolutely no point in bashing the club about not going for him. The problem is not getting other players and strengthening.
Pool don’t really get injuries.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs. Great signing for them. cnuts. Best controlling/deep lying playmaker in the world.

Siorac

I still refuse to believe this is true. I'd rather believe that Thiago changed his mind because of Guardiola. The idea that Moyes turned him down out of pure ignorance is just unbearable. The same with Kroos and Van Gaal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I still refuse to believe this is true. I'd rather believe that Thiago changed his mind because of Guardiola. The idea that Moyes turned him down out of pure ignorance is just unbearable. The same with Kroos and Van Gaal.
It's clearly true.

Josh 76

This could be the signing that starts to see the decline of Klopp and Liverpool.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Terrific signing. Excited to see him under Klopp.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
But... how? How does a football manager in 2013 not know about Thiago Alcantara? I realise he wasn't ever going to sign for Everton but come the feck on.
Because the guy was a fecking dinosaur even then.

Josh 76

He plays in the same postion as Fabinino.

He will be the highest paid player at the Club on a long term contract.

He will need time to adapt to the PL.

Has a poor injury record.

They will now probably let Wynaldam go. (Who I think is more important to the system they play than Thiago)

Basically Liverpool didn't need him. It's a desperate signing. Werner was the one they should have broken the bank for.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He plays in the same postion as Fabinino. He will not, or we will find a solution for that at the very least.

He will be the highest paid player at the Club on a long term contract. Based on what reports? If he's the highest paid it'll be joint, at max.

He will need time to adapt to the PL. Based on what?

They will know Probaly like Wynaldam go. (Who I think is more important to the system they play than Tiago) Based on nothing and it looks very likely that he'll stay.

Basically Liverpool didn't need him. It's a desperate signing. Werner was the one they should have broken the bank for.

Davie Moyes

I'm with you on this one. I also think Moyes time here was an absolute disaster and set us back years, however I have trouble believing this.

Also how come this bit of news never came out at the time? From what I recall from the saga was Moyes was more interested in Fabregas, Kroos etc and Ronaldo was being linked with a return. Then when Pep became Bayern manager Thiago to Bayern seemed to happen very quickly.

My feeling is 'Dithering' Dave lived up to his nickname and started chasing difficult targets and ended up getting nobody apart from Fellaini.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He plays in the same postion as Fabinino.

He will be the highest paid player at the Club on a long term contract.

He will need time to adapt to the PL.

They will now probably let Wynaldam go. (Who I think is more important to the system they play than Thiago)

I don't agree with that, he isn't as defensive as Fabinho more box to box and IMO an upgrade on Wijnaldum. Hes a winner, I think he has been bought for his mentality as much as his ability. He is far from a desperate signing.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So you got 7 CM players now.
Let's see how Klopp juggles this.
Redcafe: "Liverpool is thin on midfielders, that is their weakest area for sure".
*signs Thiago*
Also Redcafe: SEVEN midfielders, let's see how they gonna make that work!

It's gonna be Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum and Thiago. That's 5 for 3 spots, not exactly a luxury. AOC will feature on the wings and sometimes in midfield too. Curtis Jones and Milner are emergency midfielders if need be.

Sounds ideal to me. Doesn't Utd have Fred, McTominay, Matic, Pogba, Bruno and VDB for 3 midfield places? Sounds more complicated than our own situation.

Josh 76

Redcafe: "Liverpool is thin on midfielders, that is their weakest area for sure".
*signs Thiago*
Also Redcafe: SEVEN midfielders, let's see how they gonna make that work!
It's just the opinion of different people. I'm sure all the people RAWK don't agree on the same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.