Thiago Silva: PL is a step down for Ibra

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
We're good enough for many people to share that opinion, Thiago Silva believes in the strength of his team, there's nothing wrong with that.

People are free to have different views, there's no definite truth in sports. The outrage from PL fans after his interview is a bit ridiculous.
No outrage, just found it hilarious that his comments came after you were lucky to scrape a draw in the first leg and hours before you limped out embarrassingly to the side 4th in the PL in the 2nd leg. You have done absolutely nothing to prove Thiago Silva's point and have actually done more to disprove it since he opened his mouth.

Next we'll have Benfica players claiming that all PL teams are a step down from them!

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

We're good enough for many people to share that opinion, Thiago Silva believes in the strength of his team, there's nothing wrong with that.

People are free to have different views, there's no definite truth in sports. The outrage from PL fans after his interview is a bit ridiculous.
Fair play. He and PSG's supporters can claim that they are better than any English club if they want but they have to accept that they will be laughed at if they then lose to an English side.
If you're gonna talk the talk you better be ready to walk the walk. If not be ready for ridicule.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fair play. He and PSG's supporters can claim that they are better than any English club if they want but they have to accept that they will be laughed at if they then lose to an English side.
If you're gonna talk the talk you better be ready to walk the walk. If not be ready for ridicule.
The irony of the story is That Thiago Silva was arguing for Zlatan to renew because PSG was a better option than English clubs.

Now PSG may find Ibra not worth extending while English clubs will fight to sign him, which paints a similar perspective.

Fully Fledged

The irony of the story is That Thiago Silva was arguing for Zlatan to renew because PSG was a better option than English clubs.

Now PSG may find Ibra not worth extending while English clubs will fight to sign him, which paints a similar perspective.
He's scored 39 goals for you this season in 43 games. You are seriously telling me that PSG wont renew his contract if he wants to stay? I think it's more likely that Zlatan will turn down a contract offer for a move to the BPL. Or PSG wont offer a contract because they know he is going to the BPL.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Who in the Premier League wants him?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He's scored 39 goals for you this season in 43 games. You are seriously telling me that PSG wont renew his contract if he wants to stay? I think it's more likely that Zlatan will turn down a contract offer for a move to the BPL. Or PSG wont offer a contract because they know he is going to the BPL.
There's an argument to be made that building a team around Zlatan won't win you the CL. Along with that he's really old for a striker. He's defying the odds for a long time now and just refuses to decline as you expect from a 35 year old, but there's always the risk that the next season is the one where it starts. And at one point you simply need to build a new team or at least a young and truely motivated attack, willing to outrun the opponent on the days you won't outplay them (and every team has these days, when you really need to fight, because nothing else works). I doubt any of the continental top teams would even think about signing Zlatan now, no matter the stats. Neither will Wenger, Pep, Poch or Klopp. Not sure about Conte, don't know too much about him, but it seems as if someone on Chelsea's board really loves signing ageing forwards. United might if Mourinho comes, but I doubt it'll be a transfer that would scare anyone.

If PSG decides to rebuild after the failure to make it past the quarterfinals this season, Zlatan could easily be top of the list of players who have to go. The core in defense and midfield is young enough to stay, the attack is what needs to change, because it's a weird mix of players who don't fit in any sensible tactical concept. The biggest reason for keeping him is that he improves their otherwise incredibly dire image. Is that enough though?

If PSG find a quality striker willing to join them, Zlatan's options to play for an European top team next season might be really limited. And he doesn't strike me as the type who accepts a significant paycut to play a back-up role somewhere.

RaptorSlo

It's even more funny, if you consider that City has a very poor record against teams in the top half of the table.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
There's an argument to be made that building a team around Zlatan won't win you the CL. Along with that he's really old for a striker. He's defying the odds for a long time now and just refuses to decline as you expect from a 35 year old, but there's always the risk that the next season is the one where it starts. And at one point you simply need to build a new team or at least a young and truely motivated attack, willing to outrun the opponent on the days you won't outplay them (and every team has these days, when you really need to fight, because nothing else works). I doubt any of the continental top teams would even think about signing Zlatan now, no matter the stats. Neither will Wenger, Pep, Poch or Klopp. Not sure about Conte, don't know too much about him, but it seems as if someone on Chelsea's board really loves signing ageing forwards. United might if Mourinho comes, but I doubt it'll be a transfer that would scare anyone.

If PSG decides to rebuild after the failure to make it past the quarterfinals this season, Zlatan could easily be top of the list of players who have to go. The core in defense and midfield is young enough to stay, the attack is what needs to change, because it's a weird mix of players who don't fit in any sensible tactical concept. The biggest reason for keeping him is that he improves their otherwise incredibly dire image. Is that enough though?

If PSG find a quality striker willing to join them, Zlatan's options to play for an European top team next season might be really limited. And he doesn't strike me as the type who accepts a significant paycut to play a back-up role somewhere.
Conte won't sign him. From what I have gathered, he demands 100% commitment and effort in every single game.

I would be surprised if Mourinho does too. As he also demands the same. In fact, all top managers demand this sacrifice from their players, which is why I cant see Ibra being picked up by a manager of a top team.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Conte won't sign him. From what I have gathered, he demands 100% commitment and effort in every single game.
I don't think Conte will sign him. Not fully convinced that someone else at Chelsea won't do it anyway though.

I would be surprised if Mourinho does too. As he also demands the same. In fact, all top managers demand this sacrifice from their players, which is why I cant see Ibra being picked up by a manager of a top team.
Mourinho loves working with experienced players, wouldn't rule it out. United is lacking matchwinners and if United doesn't finish top4 it might be difficult to attract an experienced one other than Zlatan. So if Mourinho really takes over, I could see it happening.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Conte will sign him. Not fully convinced that someone else at Chelsea won't do it anyway though.

Mourinho loves working with experienced players, wouldn't rule it out. United is lacking matchwinners and if United doesn't finish top4 it might be difficult to attract an experienced one other than Zlatan. So if Mourinho really takes over, I could see it happening.
I would be surprised if he does. Mourinho asks a lot off his strikers and Ibra doesn't offer what he asks if then.