Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Too many ppvs nowadays and hardly any star talent

after Reigns, Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan, Becky and Charlotte what other top tier talent have they got?

Evans, McIntyre, Joe, Kofi are second tier in my opinion, with Evans having the potential to get to top tier.

Strowmans push is all but gone, Corbin isnt even a likeable heel, Ziggler wont ever be trusted to be the guy so hes pretty much a filler, Alexa cant hang with the likes of Charlotte or Becky in ring, New Day are Cenas replacement for the kids

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That line was tired in the 80s plus hearing all the wrestlers shoehorn it into their promos and Michael fecking Cole saying it all the time has me hating it.

Sylar

All out of names and all out of ideas would be a more appropriate tag line.
Seriously. I just read the Raw results to see if anything was cool. Seth beating random people with a chair sounds awesome.
They said they would announce the referee, but didnt announce it :lol:

And given what i read, it seems every face beat up the heel, just before the PPV. So basically, if want to see the villains get their revenge, we should watch the PPV?

AshRK

They could have made it even more funnier but have to say this is the best thing happening in WWE right now. Never thought I would say this but the jobber groups in R truth, Jinder Mahal and EC3 and rest are more entertaining than the main stars. My superstar of the year so far has to be R truth. Brilliant stuff.

Sylar

R truth is great
Bray segments have been fun to watch

Everything else is standard bleh

Sylar

Tbf this week's raw was the best in a long, long while.
I read it and it sounded weird. Rollins stuff I managed to check on YouTube
Reading everything else it seemed no villains except borin Corbin got one up

Oh I saw revival picking up money which was great

paulscholes18

You know things are bad when the thing you’re most looking forward to at a PPV is seeing who the special guest ref is going to be.

Keefy18

Too many ppvs nowadays and hardly any star talent

after Reigns, Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan, Becky and Charlotte what other top tier talent have they got?

Evans, McIntyre, Joe, Kofi are second tier in my opinion, with Evans having the potential to get to top tier.

Strowmans push is all but gone, Corbin isnt even a likeable heel, Ziggler wont ever be trusted to be the guy so hes pretty much a filler, Alexa cant hang with the likes of Charlotte or Becky in ring, New Day are Cenas replacement for the kids
There's talent there if they let them be themselves and be creative, but that ain't going to happen.

I think many are just going through the motions and cash cheques.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Decent enough ppv tbh.
It wasn't bad, that's for sure. I expected worse, but half of the matches rescued the PPV. The Cruiserweight title match was Match of the Night for me. The U.S. title match was great, too. The cage match turned out to be alright in the end as well. Other than that, the matches were either average or below average.

Andersons Dietician

My wish for this year is Bayley stops trying to do that like drive by thing. You know the one where she jumps the corner of the ring from the outside in to a baseball slide. It’s absolute rubbish and she doesn’t have the spring, speed, jump or pop to make it look decent and about 100% of the time it looks gash or botched.

You would think someone from the back would tell her to sort it or drop it. Saying that she committed to that dive and Nikki did a good job of trying to save her from what looked like could be a bad fall.

Is Samoa Joe basically a joke for WWE now. Ricochet is brilliant in some of the things he can do but it gets a little boring after a while but Joe should be a main heal and he’s kinda a mid table disposable guy who can lose a belt at any moment without much fallout.

AshRK

SO drew loses again but this company had a 51 year old Shane go over Roman. I see the priorities for WWE. Having said that if WWE were smart they should have had Shane feud with Kofi, would have felt more natural considering Vince never wanted Kofi as the champion. But ofcourse it had to be Roman because Vince is still trying to push the man in a wrong way for past 5 years.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
If the company is smart they'd have Shane no where near the main even scene or any of the top stars. He's a sideshow attraction at best, brought out once a year to jump off of something tall because he can't do anything else. Kofi doesn't need to deal with a McMahon ego trip in first title run.

AshRK

If the company is smart they'd have Shane no where near the main even scene or any of the top stars. He's a sideshow attraction at best, brought out once a year to jump off of something tall because he can't do anything else. Kofi doesn't need to deal with a McMahon ego trip in first title run.
It could have worked had Drew represented the Mcmahons and feud with Kofi. The beef between McMahons and Kofi felt real and would have been much better than Roman and shane. Like why is even Shane even having a feud with Roman. It feels so forced just like everything relating to Roman.

Fener1907

It could have worked had Drew represented the Mcmahons and feud with Kofi. The beef between McMahons and Kofi felt real and would have been much better than Roman and shane. Like why is even Shane even having a feud with Roman. It feels so forced just like everything relating to Roman.
Still trying hopelessly to recreate the same scenario that saw Stone Cold become a phenomenon for the company. That's the anti-establishment Stone Cold that shares absolutely no characteristics with Roman except being considered a face. This continues to leave people scratching their heads as to why they'd be so obsessed with Roman since "McMahons just kinda screw with whoever is the face of the company" isn't much of a reason in terms of story telling.

Andersons Dietician

I kinda want to see AJ reform the club and then maybe those guys rebel against the McMahons but flying the flag for the guys floundering at mid-level who should be better and form a click. Bring in Balor and whoever else they can and run over both brands until they inevitably sort of turn a bit more healish and then and only then try and re-push Roman along with the bloodline thing or something and throw in Nia in like a guest 4- man tag match or something.

Sylar

Rollins twitter is too funny cos it's like he believes what he's tweeting

Havak

Pokemon master
The matches at the PPV were actually alright - it wasn't as bad as I expected but that doesn't really make it good either. I shouldn't have to go into watching a PPV event with low expectations for the leading company in the market, but that's how it is at the moment. So much rested on the referee for a main event, which I guess isn't something new as it's been done in the past, but when the referee is announced to be Lacey then it's a bit flat. I understand that they're trying to work an angle to build up Lacey as more of a believable opponent for Becky for a while (despite continually coming up short in every way), but it's still not good enough. At least we got to see her in that outfit though, great arse. I assume this stuff with Corbin/Lacey and Rollins/Becky is to set up some kind of filler feud until they can come up with something better to build for SummerSlam. I expect a dual Title defence main event at the next PPV, where a mixed tag match occurs. If Corbin pins Rollins or Lacey pins Becky, both titles would be lost regardless of who was pinned/submitted.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The matches at the PPV were actually alright - it wasn't as bad as I expected but that doesn't really make it good either. I shouldn't have to go into watching a PPV event with low expectations for the leading company in the market, but that's how it is at the moment. So much rested on the referee for a main event, which I guess isn't something new as it's been done in the past, but when the referee is announced to be Lacey then it's a bit flat. I understand that they're trying to work an angle to build up Lacey as more of a believable opponent for Becky for a while (despite continually coming up short in every way), but it's still not good enough. At least we got to see her in that outfit though, great arse. I assume this stuff with Corbin/Lacey and Rollins/Becky is to set up some kind of filler feud until they can come up with something better to build for SummerSlam. I expect a dual Title defence main event at the next PPV, where a mixed tag match occurs. If Corbin pins Rollins or Lacey pins Becky, both titles would be lost regardless of who was pinned/submitted.
Spoiler alert: Becky pins Corbin. Calling it now :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Probably the only out to make it worth watching :lol:

The worst thing is I really liked Corbin as a heel pre-general manager role. For heel characters it seems that getting the GM post just ruins all credibility and buries them for the future. Put him in some proper wrestling gear ffs as well.

Sylar

Sounds good.
Probably the only out to make it worth watching :lol:

The worst thing is I really liked Corbin as a heel pre-general manager role. For heel characters it seems that getting the GM post just ruins all credibility and buries them for the future. Put him in some proper wrestling gear ffs as well.
Agreed. I feel like hes about to ask if everything went well and to have a nice and supermarket-riffic day.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I reckon Corbin's in it to eat the pin, from Brock. Reckon Lacey pins Becky at the same time, and she gets the woman's title too.

Andersons Dietician

So Joe loses the American Title, then looks poised to go from that loss straight in to a position for the Smackdown title.
Ricochet wins Us title only to
lose the next night to AJ clean
in a non title fight. That match was awesome mind and some of the moves, Jesus wept. More of this please, get the actual good wrestlers to wrestle each other more often.

What the hell WWE, I hope this is going somewhere but I fear Joe is just being fed to the wood chipper once again.

Please Becky is clearly going to make Corbin tap out to the Disarmhim.

Last edited: