g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
First match was alright, been absolutely garbage since. Understand they were living up to the meme and it was all an elaborate bit, but could have done without the bikini girls too.

Castia

Good ol JR!

His podcast is brilliant by the way I highly recommend it for those who haven’t listened.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pre show was dog but it's a preshow, so who cares? That said, it was the free advertisement for the actual show and AEW in general, so should have been better really.

Main card. Was okay. Nowhere near as good as DoN. Some matches were noticeably sloppy, looking at that womans match. Even bucks match were sloppy at parts, but still a good match.

Did like the main event. Didn't think I would, think hardcore/deathmatches are relics of professional wrestling, but this was pretty good.

All the other matches were alright/good. Should have changed the staging too. All in all 5/10.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I must be one of the only people not too big on MJF. I find the entire shtick a bit hokey and not particularly creative.
I like him. Should check out some of his Interviews he's done, he maintains character and it's hilarious.

Personally see him as a solid upper midcarder, atleast to begin with.

Fener1907

I like him. Should check out some of his Interviews he's done, he maintains character and it's hilarious.

Personally see him as a solid upper midcarder, atleast to begin with.
I watched his interview with Chris Van Vliet which was the one I think got a lot big on him and that was actually the one that made me think he was overdoing it. The virgin jokes and mum swallowing stuff he did last night isn't any better than "[insert town's local sports team] sucks."

I think he has very good potential but he could tone it down a bit and try to be a bit more original.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lots of criticism for the chair shot to the head but I loved it. Ridiculous that the Young Bucks actually said the chair was gimmicked but didn't work. You don't do that shit. Wrestlers are so desperate to lift the curtain these days.

Chair shots to the head are great but you don't need to take it full on, get a hand up. A hand up head chairshot is 1000% more effective than the poke in the belly and one to the back afterwards that we're so used to now.

Fener1907

Lots of criticism for the chair shot to the head but I loved it. Ridiculous that the Young Bucks actually said the chair was gimmicked but didn't work. You don't do that shit. Wrestlers are so desperate to lift the curtain these days.

Chair shots to the head are great but you don't need to take it full on, get a hand up. A hand up head chairshot is 1000% more effective than the poke in the belly and one to the back afterwards that we're so used to now.
I've never been huge on the Young Bucks for that reason. I get that it's their background and they pride themselves on their antics somewhat - and there is a place for the comedy and making light of how silly wrestling can be at times - but I feel like they're as guilty as any for what you said about wrestlers being desperate to lift the curtain and try a bit too hard at times.

Renegade

The Rock was a master at that

Renegade

I really want to like AEW, but I can’t deal with the no selling of high spots.

Why does every wrestler have to be a gymnast?

Imagine how ridiculous it would have been seeing Steve Austin & The Rock sunset flipping and suicide diving every match.

They need some pure Mat technicians and a couple monsters. This is probably why people struggle to get over because every wrestler is doing the same work.

AshRK

I really want to like AEW, but I can’t deal with the no selling of high spots.

Why does every wrestler have to be a gymnast?

Imagine how ridiculous it would have been seeing Steve Austin & The Rock sunset flipping and suicide diving every match.

They need some pure Mat technicians and a couple monsters. This is probably why people struggle to get over because every wrestler is doing the same work.
Good post. Every wrestler look the damn same. All the kick and jump, it feels like you are in a circus. I seriously hope once they start their weekly shows they try to create new stars who are different.

Sylar

Ambrose is billed at that height right? Only guy I can think of

Havak

Pokemon master
I thought "No way Goldust is 6'4/6'5" but Google says he is 198cm. I never thought of Goldust as tall, for some reason.
He's always been one of the taller guys, I remembered seeing him face The Undertaker in the 90's as the Goldust persona in some kind of weird flirtation start up to a match that I knew was weird even at a young age :lol:

He's always been billed at 6'6 in the WWF/E and looked close to the heights of Undertaker and Kane when next to them who are probably more like a legit 6'7 or slightly bigger.

Minkaro

Hot take: feck Kayfabe. We know wrestling is fake, let’s just start treating the talent as actors. This Cornette style “never break character” thing is so dated.

I don't mean go out in the ring out-of-character, but you don't have to keep the act up walking around in the street, or whatever.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Hot take: feck Kayfabe. We know wrestling is fake, let’s just start treating the talent as actors. This Cornette style “never break character” thing is so dated.

I don't mean go out in the ring out-of-character, but you don't have to keep the act up walking around in the street, or whatever.
I think it's more refreshing when people commit to it these days because it's so rare. Even Undertaker has a fecking instagram now. If his shit performances in the ring hadn't ruined any mystique for me, that would've.

Sticking to the gimmick can work. Becky's twitter and interviews are pretty much 100% kayfabe and look where it helped to get her.

I hate the wink wink stuff from The Elite.

Andersons Dietician

Yo that Raw was kinda good. It felt weird and like it had a different tone right from the start. Still the best things in order.
Truth
Maverick
Gallows and Anderson
Alexa Bliss everything
Ricochet vs AJ Styles
The return of The Club/heal AJ

Fast forwarded some bits like the undertaker.

Why can’t we just have a combo of AJ, Ricochet,Balor,Bryan,Owens and Andrade wrestle every week.

Sylar

Did he sign almost a double money contract for five years?

Did anybody watch Raw? I heard it was so much better. They did away with the long 30 min promo to start the show, right? I reckon Heyman will do well with Raw except the stupid no wrestling during break stuff causing constant DQs and 2/3 falls and stuff they gotta do. Not sure why they cant just tell the network, do the ads after the matches.

Im more interested to see how Bischoff does with SD.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Did he sign almost a double money contract for five years?

Did anybody watch Raw? I heard it was so much better. They did away with the long 30 min promo to start the show, right? I reckon Heyman will do well with Raw except the stupid no wrestling during break stuff causing constant DQs and 2/3 falls and stuff they gotta do. Not sure why they cant just tell the network, do the ads after the matches.

Im more interested to see how Bischoff does with SD.
Reddit is raving about it but I watched a lot of the clips and I don't get it, seemed above average to me.

The R-Truth/Drake stuff is fun.
The Mike and Maria stuff is bizarre but bizarre is better than boring and it kinda falls into so-bad-it's-good territory.
I don't like Gallows and Anderson at all so I don't give a shit about the Club reforming. It's a shitty knock-off of a 5 year stable with two guys who have been jobbing for years.
Braun and Bobby's spot was fun. Graves "Holy shit!" was so try-hard at being edgy though.
2/3 falls are just going to lead to an abundance of roll-up pins.
I hope the Becky and Rollins stuff is just a placeholder until they get past Extreme Rules and they go back to individual feuds for Summerslam.

Havak

Pokemon master
Assuming some of this episode was Heyman's doing, I think it's fair to say you can see an immediate improvement, but it's going to take some serious effort to keep improving and maintain the level.

Bojan11

Can they just put Finn in the club. That would shake things up and he’s hardly doing anything nowadays. I know he’s meant to feud with Nakumura but would like to see heel Finn for a change.

Sylar

I hope they end the WC rule. Its so stupid.

Finn should be made into a main guy on SD btw. Liked his matches with Andrade (both need to be elevated).

Mystry

Friendship is magic
The bucks
I hope they end the WC rule. Its so stupid.

Finn should be made into a main guy on SD btw. Liked his matches with Andrade (both need to be elevated).
I'm sure i read something along the lines that Roman, a smackdown guy, hasn't had a match on Smackdown in 7 weeks but has been on every Raw in that period. The only good thing that has come of it is Joe gets a main event feud with someone who otherwise would be on the other brand. In fact they should have him win then move him back to Smackdown.

AshRK

After a long time I enjoyed Raw and SD. Granted I did not watch the full 5 hours and just went through the clips but most of the stuff were refreshing. I am not sure if Heyman is already in control of Raw (I doubt) but WWE did up their ante this week. Lashley/Strowman feud for the first time meant something and is different from other feud. Lashley's backstage promo in SD was enjoyable and made this rivalry look personal. That's how stars should be booked.

Also enjoyed the interaction between KO/Drew/Ziggler. KO is one of the best talents WWE has, the guy can do a solid promo in his sleep. I am damn sure Heyman or Bischoff would see a star in him.

Sanme with Joe. He is another guy whose Promo skills are top notch. His interaction with Kofi made their feud much better. Looking forward to their match at Extreme Rules.

AJ turning heel was also cool. I am not a big fan of the Jobber duo but if that rejuvenates their career then good for them. AJ/Ricochet feud if booked correctly could be one of the best.

All WWE needs to do now is bring some consistency to their product. Cut out the 50/50 booking and try to present their wrestlers as stars.

Andersons Dietician

Seems to be more adult themed lately with some swear words and stuff. All we need now are a couple of affairs someone kidnapping something someone forced in to a marriage or something.
I just wonder if they’d really step away from the PG era as I thought that was their real money cow with kids buying the merch.

gormless

Seems to be more adult themed lately with some swear words and stuff. All we need now are a couple of affairs someone kidnapping something someone forced in to a marriage or something.
I just wonder if they’d really step away from the PG era as I thought that was their real money cow with kids buying the merch.
The kids who got into it during the Cena era are gonna be adults now. Could be something to do with trying to keep them

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Does Ken Shamrock qualify to be a boy? Mean Street Posse are my boys.
From what I remember the rule is they can't have ever been a world champion and I just checked his wiki and it says he won the NWA World Title in TNA so he actually doesn't qualify.

Gangrel is leading the stable now.