Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Adcuth

Shayna's going nowhere I imagine, NXT is hardly developmental anymore, it's a full fledged 3rd brand.

Liv morgan is due back and supposedly getting a push. There's bliss and cross, and Ruby Riott to come back. Carmella's in a good spot but can always be used in the womens division.

Think there's definitely options, the division goes further than the horsewomen.
They dont even need to make a big deal out of a horsewoman angle, but we all know they will. If they just trusted the talent and gave a bit of creative freedom they'd improve a shit load. They could have 3 big talents competing for each title at once. They just persist with the same shit on a loop and overbook the same person winning constantly

Sylar

Anyone else think they probably should have had Sasha win? Because where the hell do they go now with any of the woman’s stories. Unless Nia is ready to come back from her non existent ACL who they got other than promoting someone from NXT.

I mean they just crushed Bliss last week by having her be pinned from a knee kick. Ronda maybe coming back
The draft is coming up and WWE clearly see that as a reset button. Even though the fans wont, so they will change it around and probably have Bayley/Becky and sasha/charlotte again and hope everybody forgets. But obviously nobody will hence the ratings falling and falling. And them having to rely on people that were stars in the 80s for a slight bump, then wondering why attendances, ratings, purchases are falling every other time not named WM.
Especially when they make everybody look like a dork.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They dont even need to make a big deal out of a horsewoman angle, but we all know they will. If they just trusted the talent and gave a bit of creative freedom they'd improve a shit load. They could have 3 big talents competing for each title at once. They just persist with the same shit on a loop and overbook the same person winning constantly
In terms of the women? Can't say I agree.

And tbf, other than it being them, they've not really milked 4HW on raw/smackdown yet. But a fatal 4way with those 4 is a mania main event level, IMO.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
They really shit the bed on that one. It was a really good PPV up until that last hour. Even if you discount the ending, it was a horrible match. Basically make this guy look absolutely indestructable, survive finisher after finisher and chairshots to the head. He'll have to be beaten eventually and doing that just limits how this guy can actually be beaten. Should have gone 10 minutes at most, Seth gets a bit of offence in until Fiend kills him and wins the title. Or better yet don't put him in a match if you don't want to put the title on him. In this week with the launch of a credible alternative they just highlighted one of their biggest issues and given people more of a reason to give the opposition a go. It was a Raw match so I don't know if Heyman had a hand in this or if this is just Vince, either way it was obvious it was going to be shit and it boggles the mind how it even got the ok.

Adcuth

They really shit the bed on that one. It was a really good PPV up until that last hour. Even if you discount the ending, it was a horrible match. Basically make this guy look absolutely indestructable, survive finisher after finisher and chairshots to the head. He'll have to be beaten eventually and doing that just limits how this guy can actually be beaten. Should have gone 10 minutes at most, Seth gets a bit of offence in until Fiend kills him and wins the title. Or better yet don't put him in a match if you don't want to put the title on him. In this week with the launch of a credible alternative they just highlighted one of their biggest issues and given people more of a reason to give the opposition a go. It was a Raw match so I don't know if Heyman had a hand in this or if this is just Vince, either way it was obvious it was going to be shit and it boggles the mind how it even got the ok.
He'll eventually be beaten by a single Roman Reigns spear. Like when Braun was looking unbeatable and Roman beat him

Mystry

Friendship is magic
He'll eventually be beaten by a single Roman Reigns spear. Like when Braun was looking unbeatable and Roman beat him
I've been lulled, perhaps foolishly, into a sense that they've learned their mistakes with Roman. I've been able to enjoy him since he's been back, except the whole Shane McMahon thing but that's all on Shane.

paulscholes18

Saw tweets about booing after.....what happened??
Seth hit The Fiend with about 6 curb stomps and a pedigree, Fiend kicked out, then laced on the floor for about 5 minutes with Rollins smashing him with a chair, Ladder, tool box then hit him with a sledge hammer and the ref called for the bell. The Fiend then got up and destroyed Rollins hit a sister Abigail on the floor and got him in the mandible claw and blood started pissing out of Seth’s mouth. The damage has already been done, unfortunately the Fiend is finished

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Maybe that's the plan all along; have Rollins become such an overpushed uncool geek that even Roman is preferable to him.

Vince you diabolical son of a bitch...

Adcuth

Seth hit The Fiend with about 6 curb stomps and a pedigree, Fiend kicked out, then laced on the floor for about 5 minutes with Rollins smashing him with a chair, Ladder, tool box then hit him with a sledge hammer and the ref called for the bell. The Fiend then got up and destroyed Rollins hit a sister Abigail on the floor and got him in the mandible claw and blood started pissing out of Seth’s mouth. The damage has already been done, unfortunately the Fiend is finished
He's not finished, they can blame the bell ringing on the officials. But they need to start booking him correctly and not feck it up. This gimmick has the potential to be something amazing, undertaker-esque. Really they should allow Bray to take it wherever hes envisioned. The guy had a good mind.

Adcuth

Maybe that's the plan all along; have Rollins become such an overpushed uncool geek that even Roman is preferable to him.

Vince you diabolical son of a bitch...
Making someone so hated that we want Roman back is such a Vince thing to do

Mystry

Friendship is magic
People will still rally behind the fiend because he's so different and people like the gimmick. It's lost a bit of the aura because people will be focused on his booking rather than solely on his character but there is still a demand to see him as champ. Seth on the other hand is done as a babyface. The run has been poor and him picking fights with fans made things worse. If they had any sense, which last night shows they haven't, they'd turn Seth and have him drop the belt to the Fiend, ideally tonight.

Renegade

How many curb stomps did he get up from? A pedigree aswell? Way to make a cool finisher look weak.

Adcuth

People will still rally behind the fiend because he's so different and people like the gimmick. It's lost a bit of the aura because people will be focused on his booking rather than solely on his character but there is still a demand to see him as champ. Seth on the other hand is done as a babyface. The run has been poor and him picking fights with fans made things worse. If they had any sense, which last night shows they haven't, they'd turn Seth and have him drop the belt to the Fiend, ideally tonight.
I'm not getting this, why is the aura lost? He didn't lose, he got put down and got up again. Happened to taker a lot without affecting the character. As long as he doesn't look beatable then he'll be fine.

Seth has been annoying me for a while, his matches are always the same, his promos are always the same, the stuff with Becky was bullshit. I don't buy him as a "king of the hill" type guy. I want him to push on and show me something new but it's the same old generic stuff. Even beating Brock wasnt good, i didn't buy that had found a way to beat him after being close to defeat, it looked too planned.

Adcuth

How many curb stomps did he get up from? A pedigree aswell? Way to make a cool finisher look weak.
It looking cool isn't the main point of it. Normal people shouldn't kick out of it though, only monsters like Braun, Brock or the Fiend. Not any main event opponent on a ppv

AshRK

I'm not getting this, why is the aura lost? He didn't lose, he got put down and got up again. Happened to taker a lot without affecting the character. As long as he doesn't look beatable then he'll be fine.

Seth has been annoying me for a while, his matches are always the same, his promos are always the same, the stuff with Becky was bullshit. I don't buy him as a "king of the hill" type guy. I want him to push on and show me something new but it's the same old generic stuff. Even beating Brock wasnt good, i didn't buy that had found a way to beat him after being close to defeat, it looked too planned.
I don't think his aura is lost but this whole feud was pointless. The FIEND as a character is fine for now but they have to be careful. I think they should have kept him away from the title shot for now. A feud with Braun would have been much more cooler and you could have Seth fight with someone else. I am curious to see what's next for FIEND.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
As I said, it's not to do with his character but that people will be more concerned with them not fecking him up than just losing themselves in the narrative. Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it as 'losing his aura'. Things are always better when fans can just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is rather than having to worry about booking or the writing, it's why NXT is so good. You don't watch NXT thinking about how the show is booked, you just go along with it and it is so much better for it. Of course NXT has earned that trust by not screwing up character after character.

Adcuth

I don't think his aura is lost but this whole feud was pointless. The FIEND as a character is fine for now but they have to be careful. I think they should have kept him away from the title shot for now. A feud with Braun would have been much more cooler and you could have Seth fight with someone else. I am curious to see what's next for FIEND.
I think the title shot was daft but use it to make the Fiend look scarier. Have him show he doesn't care about the title and just totally decimate Seth and leave. Then have Seth relinquish the belt to take time away to deal with what he went through so that he doesn't just move on to his next challenger. Or something else that builds his aura, I'm interested to.see what happens on Raw cause if Seth is just being Seth and challenging him again saying he's not scared then it looks shit.

Renegade

It looking cool isn't the main point of it. Normal people shouldn't kick out of it though, only monsters like Braun, Brock or the Fiend. Not any main event opponent on a ppv
Anything more than 3 is silly in my opinion.

Adcuth

As I said, it's not to do with his character but that people will be more concerned with them not fecking him up than just losing themselves in the narrative. Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it as 'losing his aura'. Things are always better when fans can just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is rather than having to worry about booking or the writing, it's why NXT is so good. You don't watch NXT thinking about how the show is booked, you just go along with it and it is so much better for it. Of course NXT has earned that trust by not screwing up character after character.
No they've saved that for every main roster call up so far:D

Adcuth

Anything more than 3 is silly in my opinion.
Not for a character that is supposed to be more than human. 3 maybe for Brock, but the way Braun used to be viewed he should be able to take more than 3 curb stomps. It doesn't even look that devastating. So for the Fiend taking about 10 is fine by me

AshRK

I think the title shot was daft but use it to make the Fiend look scarier. Have him show he doesn't care about the title and just totally decimate Seth and leave. Then have Seth relinquish the belt to take time away to deal with what he went through so that he doesn't just move on to his next challenger. Or something else that builds his aura, I'm interested to.see what happens on Raw cause if Seth is just being Seth and challenging him again saying he's not scared then it looks shit.
That's what I wanted to see happen. Fiend should have just decimated Rollins so badly and left. Maybe have him explain in Raw that this was more than title and he just wanted to make a statement. I didn't mind what happened and I feel some are over reacting by saying Fiend is screwed but like @Mystry says knowing how WWE operates chances are they will manage to screw Fiend.

Adcuth

That's what I wanted to see happen. Fiend should have just decimated Rollins so badly and left. Maybe have him explain in Raw that this was more than title and he just wanted to make a statement. I didn't mind what happened and I feel some are over reacting by saying Fiend is screwed but like @Mystry says knowing how WWE operates chances are they will manage to screw Fiend.
I'm wondering if funhouse Bray will ever wrestle, or does he just stay at the funhouse until the Fiend wants to feck someone up?

Adcuth

The heat magnet that made Carmella relevant at all
You think it was him that got her over? Totally forgot about enzo and Cass? He made what she was doing solo shit to me. I enjoyed her heel champ run a lot. Plus she's a good worker, I think given creative freedom she'd be a decent heel on par with the miz. So annoying but puts on good matches with a believable mean streak

Ekeke

You think it was him that got her over? Totally forgot about enzo and Cass? He made what she was doing solo shit to me. I enjoyed her heel champ run a lot. Plus she's a good worker, I think given creative freedom she'd be a decent heel on par with the miz. So annoying but puts on good matches with a believable mean streak
She's a terrible worker. She has 1 move.

Adcuth

She's a terrible worker. She has 1 move.
Font be daft, I've enjoyed quite a few of her matches. She gets heat well during a match, cuts a decent promo for the moment division. I'd say only Alexa and Becky were ahead if her in promo skills when it comes to getting a crowd reaction. She's got a lot more than 1 move, her matches with Charlotte were decent

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Her match with Charlotte at Backlash was a shambles. She has a nice superkick and the Code of Silence is a cool move. Her promos are just shrieking.

She'd be well down the list of women who should get a push.

Ekeke

Font be daft, I've enjoyed quite a few of her matches. She gets heat well during a match, cuts a decent promo for the moment division. I'd say only Alexa and Becky were ahead if her in promo skills when it comes to getting a crowd reaction. She's got a lot more than 1 move, her matches with Charlotte were decent
Just because you've enjoyed her matches doesnt mean shes a good worker. Its okay to admit you just find her attractive. She has attitude and a superkick, thats it. She also botches a lot including with Charlotte

Adcuth

Just because you've enjoyed her matches doesnt mean shes a good worker. Its okay to admit you just find her attractive. She has attitude and a superkick, thats it. She also botches a lot including with Charlotte
Let me explain, I've been a wrestling fan since I was 6, I'm now 35. I don't like matches because someone attractive is in them, plus Alexa is my girl haha. Imo though, regardless of I'd the majority perceived a match, if I have an emotional response to the work they're doing then to me it's a good match. Given the shitty response you put. Can I ask about you saying experience or are you a casual viewer?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
What's your opinion on Cody then?

Though he's not a terrible wrestler, his matches are good because of the stories they tell, the psychology, rather than his workrate. He's so far had the most memorable matches in AEW imo because of the stories behind them.

Workrate is the buzz word of the past two years and it's overated, IMO.

Adcuth

What's your opinion on Cody then?

Though he's not a terrible wrestler, his matches are good because of the stories they tell, the psychology, rather than his workrate. He's so far had the most memorable matches in AEW imo because of the stories behind them.

Workrate is the buzz word of the past two years and it's overated, IMO.
This is what a wrestling fan should be looking for. Glad you posted this mate. I'd bet people would shit on Bayley for her in ring work but one of the most memorable matches of recent years was her and Sasha in NXT. A match that literally made me well up with it's finish which I've not done since Austin vs Bret at WM13. The story and emotional response for me goes well ahead of the actual in ring work. Something ive never had with Seth, Roman and the like.

When Braun was getting his initial push as a monster too I'd get that rush when his music hit that I did when say the lights would go out and Kanes music would hit during his attitude era days. A feeling of "Oh shit, someone's about to get fecked up". They killed that though unlike with Kane

Castia

One of the worst RAW’s I’ve ever seen it was absolutely dreadful.

They are so embarrassed by the Seth/Fiend HiaC match that neither showed up on raw.

Sylar

This is what a wrestling fan should be looking for. Glad you posted this mate. I'd bet people would shit on Bayley for her in ring work but one of the most memorable matches of recent years was her and Sasha in NXT. A match that literally made me well up with it's finish which I've not done since Austin vs Bret at WM13. The story and emotional response for me goes well ahead of the actual in ring work. Something ive never had with Seth, Roman and the like.

When Braun was getting his initial push as a monster too I'd get that rush when his music hit that I did when say the lights would go out and Kanes music would hit during his attitude era days. A feeling of "Oh shit, someone's about to get fecked up". They killed that though unlike with Kane
I think thats a fair enough opinion. I do generally think better matches are the ones that fans are invested in. Walter vs Tyler Bate being a good example of one that I recently liked.

I think the number of moves somebody has shouldnt matter as long as they are effective. I agree with @SalfordRed18
Workrate as an explanation as a fan as to why you like or dont like somebody or something is strange.

Ekeke

Let me explain, I've been a wrestling fan since I was 6, I'm now 35. I don't like matches because someone attractive is in them, plus Alexa is my girl haha. Imo though, regardless of I'd the majority perceived a match, if I have an emotional response to the work they're doing then to me it's a good match. Given the shitty response you put. Can I ask about you saying experience or are you a casual viewer?
I watched wrestling when I was a kid, didnt have sky for WWF so I had to watch WCW. My best friend got sky and we would watch WWF in the attitude era in 99/2000. Later I got sky myself and continued watching. I watched TNA for a couple of months before the Hogan thing, where he shat all over it and they killed themselves moving to Monday nights. That shit was terrible so I stopped watching it. I carried on watching WWE, albeit enjoying it less and less until the Daniel Bryan booking fiasco. At that point I had more interest in UFC and MMA and stopped watching wrestling.

I gave it another go about 3 years ago. Since then I've been watching WWE, New Japan Pro Wrestling, the occasional Ring of Honor PPV and a lot of indie wrestling promotions, including PROGRESS - wanting to watch certain wrestlers. 2 years or so ago I started watching Stardom, japanese Womens wrestling (the company Io Shirai and Kairi Sane came from). I also started watching some other Joshi promotions for a while, like Ice Ribbon. And EVE, a UK female promotion.

So I'm very well versed in current wrestling standards around the world. To me match quality is a big deal but its not the only thing, there are other ways to be invested too including storylines. Sometimes I know a match will be good but I've seen so many good matches that its not enough. I have to be a bit more invested in the characters and story beyond that - thats one reason I still havent watched last week's NXT show. I know Cole and Riddle will be a really good match as I've seen so many of their matches in the past. But I don't care about their characters and storylines.

As for Carmella I compare her to all the indie, joshi wrestlers, nxt wrestlers and main roster wrestlers and I'm sorry but she's not a good worker. She's a character, she has some attitude and her superkick is fine. She started doing a suicide dive a ways back too, although since everyone does those I consider it a basic move like a clothesline at this point. I refered to her botching, and in particular with her matches against Charlotte. She keeps leaving her feet too early and bumping when Charlotte's boot is nowhere near her, it looks awful like a ghost knocked her over.