Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

AshRK

Aew and nxt have both been great.

Raw has been trash for the longest time
Sd is mixed. When it's good it's really good, when it's bad it's raw bad
Sd has gone downhill since moving to Fox. This roman/corbin feud is not helping anyone. You are right with raw, it has been trash for god knows how long.

Andersons Dietician

Do you guys all have the WWE Network? Is that where you watch NXT or do you just go for a stroll down by a river?
Really feel like I’m missing out on NXT.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Corbin is poison.
I had a brain fart and thought I clicked the general election thread reading this. Not even spelt the same :lol:

Do you guys all have the WWE Network? Is that where you watch NXT or do you just go for a stroll down by a river?
Really feel like I’m missing out on NXT.
I like to have a stroll and watch wrestling.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Blah blah blah main roster, blah blah blah demo.

Hopefully means we can go back to not caring about ratings/viewership for atleast a week.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
@Ekeke Must be difficult, no? To see AEW die like this.

But seriously, if WWE throwing Becky, Rollins etc. at AEW only nets them a 23k win in viewers then AEW should be fine. WWE can only do that once in a blue moon.

Ekeke

But seriously, if WWE throwing Becky, Rollins etc. at AEW only nets them a 23k win in viewers then AEW should be fine. WWE can only do that once in a blue moon.
Yeah was expecting 1 million for Nxt. Less than that with the company's top stars? Not good.

But they finally got their first win hotshotting with the survivor series angle so congrats to WWE.

Now all they need to do is continue booking WWE's top stars in Vince's t-shirt faction styled shows and they'll win some weeks. This is exactly what was always going to happen though, losing the ratings war so they do things more like the main roster and using main roster guys to get a win, or maybe more in the coming weeks.

RIP pre-ratings war NXT

R.E.D.

They're all fine and making money, just get over this rating thing.

Sylar

Ekeke sounds like a hurt ex employee of WWE
It's so funny reading some of the stuff on here

Bwuk

Money Mark Khan will be furious. Can’t wait to see what he tweets. Jericho already embarrassing himself with comments about it not being a real NXT show.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah was expecting 1 million for Nxt. Less than that with the company's top stars? Not good.

But they finally got their first win hotshotting with the survivor series angle so congrats to WWE.

Now all they need to do is continue booking WWE's top stars in Vince's t-shirt faction styled shows and they'll win some weeks. This is exactly what was always going to happen though, losing the ratings war so they do things more like the main roster and using main roster guys to get a win, or maybe more in the coming weeks.

RIP pre-ratings war NXT
:lol:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
How sad must you be to take stuff like that so seriously.

They're all fine and making money, just get over this rating thing.
AEW, like a lot of companies, won't be making any profit this early. It's in a couple of years when they'll be looking at turning a profit, but I agree with your general point. Just enjoy the wrestling.

Ekeke

Money Mark Khan will be furious. Can’t wait to see what he tweets. Jericho already embarrassing himself with comments about it not being a real NXT show.
I dont see how its deniable. It was exactly like the main roster shows, a bunch of matches that were interrupted with invading superstars from Smackdown and Raw

There was next to no buildup to Takeover whatsoever, it was all about Survivor Series which again is exactly like the main roster stuff.

If you loved NXT this week, you love Vince and the main roster shows because thats what it was. Just with more NXT talents involved.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I dont see how its deniable. It was exactly like the main roster shows, a bunch of matches that were interrupted with invading superstars from Smackdown and Raw

There was next to no buildup to Takeover whatsoever, it was all about Survivor Series which again is exactly like the main roster stuff.

If you loved NXT this week, you love Vince and the main roster shows because thats what it was. Just with more NXT talents involved.
Jesus get a grip :lol:

Theres so much wrong with everything you just posted I don't know where to start.

It's survivor series, or course the other brands were appearing, that have done for the past, what 3 weeks? Didn't matter before yesterday did it?

Both events quite clearly got promoted, you're pulling at straw's. Hell the main event was literally about war games. Matt Riddle got attacked by all 3 brands. To say their was no war games build up, is bollocks.

And honestly, you're literally gatekeeping what people can and cannot like. Ridiculous statement.

Fact is, I thought none of these WWE stars were draws?

Ekeke

Jesus get a grip :lol:

Theres so much wrong with everything you just posted I don't know where to start.

It's survivor series, or course the other brands were appearing, that have done for the past, what 3 weeks? Didn't matter before yesterday did it?

Both events quite clearly got promoted, you're pulling at straw's. Hell the main event was literally about war games. Matt Riddle got attacked by all 3 brands. To say their was no war games build up, is bollocks.

And honestly, you're literally gatekeeping what people can and cannot like. Ridiculous statement.

Fact is, I thought none of these WWE stars were draws?
Survivor Series, the first time that NXT is included. What strange timing its almost as if NXT is in a ratings war on tv

They didnt even announce who was on the survivor series team for NXT.

I like both NXT and AEW. What a strange lie to come up with

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Survivor Series, the first time that NXT is included. What strange timing its almost as if NXT is in a ratings war on tv

They didnt even announce who was on the survivor series team for NXT.

I like both NXT and AEW. What a strange lie to come up with
Almost as if NXT has been a full fledged third brand for over 10 weeks now.

They've not announced who'll be in it because there's war games the night before where every major star they have is wrestling.

They didn't announce half the matches for hell in the cell, and whilst that was odd, it wasn't an issue, was it?

I"you loved NXT this week, you love Vince and the main roster shows because thats what it was. Just with more NXT talents involved."

What a ridiculous statement to make. Forgetting that pretty much everyone that invaded actually started their WWE careers in NXT, why does liking last night's episode mean anything about your feelings towards Vince McMahon/raw/smackdown? Just pure butt hurtness.

Sylar

This thread has gone full circle strange

I miss the days of phelan shorts telling everybody how Charlotte isn't good enough and will be fired soon
And somebody else saying nakamura is a goldust wannabe or something

Ekeke

Almost as if NXT has been a full fledged third brand for over 10 weeks now.

They've not announced who'll be in it because there's war games the night before where every major star they have is wrestling.

They didn't announce half the matches for hell in the cell, and whilst that was odd, it wasn't an issue, was it?

I"you loved NXT this week, you love Vince and the main roster shows because thats what it was. Just with more NXT talents involved."

What a ridiculous statement to make. Forgetting that pretty much everyone that invaded actually started their WWE careers in NXT, why does liking last night's episode mean anything about your feelings towards Vince McMahon/raw/smackdown? Just pure butt hurtness.
Oh really, 10 weeks ago it was a full fledged third brand. I dont remember seeing Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins on it.

Yes. It was more of the same, obviously. It was red shirts vs blue shirts, vs black shirts in a bunch of run ins that dont matter at all, so they get stale fast.

I like actual NXT - especially the Takeovers. Where they tell a decent story that makes sense and have some great matches. That wasnt the case last night, it was just like the main roster shows where nothing makes sense, even having a WCW end where the fight is still going on and nothing is resolved. It doesnt tell a good story and there were still some good matches but thats it.

If you like this stuff then great, you have 2 other shows doing the same stuff. Usually NXT is a super indie alternative to WWE rather than following the other shows lead. For me I'd much rather watch the shows from 3 weeks ago. But using the main roster in main roster style shows is what will win the ratings war so I'll have to get used to that being whats on offer from NXT

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Oh really, 10 weeks ago it was a full fledged third brand. I dont remember seeing Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins on it.

Yes. It was more of the same, obviously. It was red shirts vs blue shirts, vs black shirts in a bunch of run ins that dont matter at all, so they get stale fast.

I like actual NXT - especially the Takeovers. Where they tell a decent story that makes sense and have some great matches. That wasnt the case last night, it was just like the main roster shows where nothing makes sense, even having a WCW end where the fight is still going on and nothing is resolved. It doesnt tell a good story and there were still some good matches but thats it.

If you like this stuff then great, you have 2 other shows doing the same stuff. Usually NXT is a super indie alternative to WWE rather than following the other shows lead. For me I'd much rather watch the shows from 3 weeks ago. But using the main roster in main roster style shows is what will win the ratings war so I'll have to get used to that being whats on offer from NXT
Yes, really. It went live and is its own third brand. Stop being obtuse. It wasn't survivor series 10 weeks ago, bizarre point.

Well, looked like the fans enjoyed it. I know I certainly did, if you found it stale, and tbh doubt you did at the time, well that's just unlucky for you.

Again, you just sound so butthurt by it all. If it didn't make sense for you, you haven't been following it, that simple. We all know why Finn Balor attacked Matt Riddle, we all know why Kay Lee Ray and Dakota Kai had a match last night, we all now why Ciampa punted Adam Cole before stepping into the ring with Seth Rollins, etc etc.

If you can't or better yet don't want to see that, cool. Seems to me everyone else did.

Talking bout WCW finishes when it was completely fine on the AEW Dynamite go home show for full gear, wasn't it?

All in all, no one cares about ratings and viewership apart from a small number of cult AEW fans. You're Forso clearly pissed off right now and for what? More people watched a different show than your favourite? So? For pretty much everyone else, it's appreciated we have two quality wrestling shows on Wednesday nights, long may it continue.

Ekeke

Yes, really. It went live and is its own third brand. Stop being obtuse. It wasn't survivor series 10 weeks ago, bizarre point.

Well, looked like the fans enjoyed it. I know I certainly did, if you found it stale, and tbh doubt you did at the time, well that's just unlucky for you.

Again, you just sound so butthurt by it all. If it didn't make sense for you, you haven't been following it, that simple. We all know why Finn Balor attacked Matt Riddle, we all know why Kay Lee Ray and Dakota Kai had a match last night, we all now why Ciampa punted Adam Cole before stepping into the ring with Seth Rollins, etc etc.

If you can't or better yet don't want to see that, cool. Seems to me everyone else did.

Talking bout WCW finishes when it was completely fine on the AEW Dynamite go home show for full gear, wasn't it?

All in all, no one cares about ratings and viewership apart from a small number of cult AEW fans. You're Forso clearly pissed off right now and for what? More people watched a different show than your favourite? So? For pretty much everyone else, it's appreciated we have two quality wrestling shows on Wednesday nights, long may it continue.
Okay then

Time for you to come up with a reason why the person who said NXT would win this week ahead of time and said weeks ago that NXT would change and be more like a Vince show also weeks ago, being proven right, is then butthurt about being proven right.

Why would I be mad about calling it before it happened? Are you suggesting I hate being right and would like to be wrong?

I like NXT and I enjoyed the matches on this week's show, well until most of them had a crappy run in finish. Everything between the matches was a lot worse than normal NXT.

However I dont think NXT was perfect before this change either.

As I've said before, the main thing I'd like more of on a normal NXT show is getting the characters over. Because although I've seen the majority of their roster in tens of really good matches before they even went to NXT, and continuing that on NXT, I dont feel invested in their characters and storylines on NXT. So that would be the area I would have liked to see them do more of even before the main roster started appearing. And now that side has been even worse. People who dont like each other on NXT are now banding together to fight Smackdown and Raw for "Brand supremacy" which I don't believe any of them actually care about.

Sylar

Nxt was awesome. It's been awesome pretty much every week since it's gone live
Vince shows are not really awesome and a drag to get through.

Ekeke

Here's this week's ratings in a bit more detail. Great start for NXT with anticipation and excitement for Becky Lynch and a Ricocchet match with Riddle. A big decline after that with AEW taking over midway and Jericho's interview being the built peak, but then AEW also having a decline after Jericho. NXT had more interest in the time building towards the main events, then AEW's main event had the larger interest, then the NXT overrun with all the fans turning over after AEW finished helped WWE win the ratings.

While you can't just look at one week's ratings, I would say that this does suggest some things I already suspected. It will take many more weeks to see if its true or if things change.

Becky on NXT for the first 17 mins into Ricocchet Vs. Riddle for another 9 or 10 mins. I'm looking at this without the ads, so I figure including the ads we're about 30 mins in where the NXT number declines rapidly. The next 20 mins for NXT is the Revival match against Reddragon/Undisputed Era. During this time is where AEW took over.

Kay Lee Ray Vs. Dakota Kai was next up for NXT now already trailing in numbers continues to decline and then stabilize.

Jericho is on AEW for the peak of their number as this is happening and then after Jericho, its AEW's turn for a big drop.

Viking Raiders Vs. Forgotten Sons is where NXT starts to raise its number during AEW's decline. And NXT takes the lead again but AEW takes over again for their main event.

There was interest in Moxley in the main event, though not as much as Jericho's interview. And of course the culmination of NXT once there is no competition and the AEW fans turn over to see what happens did good numbers like it does each week. The Moxley match was ahead of the first 5 minutes of NXT's main event, Adam Cole Vs. Dijacovic ladder match. And then people turned over to watch the last bit of NXT with no competition and where there would likely be a main roster angle yet again.

Moxley had interest but maybe you would expect higher numbers for him like with Becky and Jericho? Maybe thats because he was in a match with Darby Allin who is being built, but clearly isnt currently considered a star by the majority of the people watching wrestling on Wednesday. But thats also the case with Cole and Dijacovic.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Love Becky but shocked how she has stayed this popular for so long. Wrestling fans are fickle as feck these days and don't take long to turn on people after they become successful. Like Rollins and Kofi to a lesser extent.

Anyway, the new IC looks like shit and I hate Nakamura. Just piss off.

Keith Lee is gonna be a star.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Here's this week's ratings in a bit more detail. Great start for NXT with anticipation and excitement for Becky Lynch and a Ricocchet match with Riddle. A big decline after that with AEW taking over midway and Jericho's interview being the built peak, but then AEW also having a decline after Jericho. NXT had more interest in the time building towards the main events, then AEW's main event had the larger interest, then the NXT overrun with all the fans turning over after AEW finished helped WWE win the ratings.

While you can't just look at one week's ratings, I would say that this does suggest some things I already suspected. It will take many more weeks to see if its true or if things change.

Becky on NXT for the first 17 mins into Ricocchet Vs. Riddle for another 9 or 10 mins. I'm looking at this without the ads, so I figure including the ads we're about 30 mins in where the NXT number declines rapidly. The next 20 mins for NXT is the Revival match against Reddragon/Undisputed Era. During this time is where AEW took over.

Kay Lee Ray Vs. Dakota Kai was next up for NXT now already trailing in numbers continues to decline and then stabilize.

Jericho is on AEW for the peak of their number as this is happening and then after Jericho, its AEW's turn for a big drop.

Viking Raiders Vs. Forgotten Sons is where NXT starts to raise its number during AEW's decline. And NXT takes the lead again but AEW takes over again for their main event.

There was interest in Moxley in the main event, though not as much as Jericho's interview. And of course the culmination of NXT once there is no competition and the AEW fans turn over to see what happens did good numbers like it does each week. The Moxley match was ahead of the first 5 minutes of NXT's main event, Adam Cole Vs. Dijacovic ladder match. And then people turned over to watch the last bit of NXT with no competition and where there would likely be a main roster angle yet again.

Moxley had interest but maybe you would expect higher numbers for him like with Becky and Jericho? Maybe thats because he was in a match with Darby Allin who is being built, but clearly isnt currently considered a star by the majority of the people watching wrestling on Wednesday. But thats also the case with Cole and Dijacovic.
fecking hell. Is there any chance of having another thread about this ratings war? Its completely derailed the entire thread. Unless of course the vast majority are interested? But I get the impression that isn’t the case

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Meanwhile for me the biggest thing this week was Jim Cornette leaving NWA after his joke was deemed racist, they took the show down and apologised for his comments which he was not happy with and left.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I am amped for this weekends wrestling... At the very least Takeover will be great, but have pretty high hopes for Survivor Series too.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
The 15 person matches might be too much of a cluster feck but I'm expecting great things from the midcard threeway, tag champs match and Cole vs who I think will be Pete Dunne. Takeover will be great of course, just hope everyone makes it through okay.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really like Dakota Kai. Assumed she was early to mid 20s but she's actually 31, found that surprising.

Edit: That's one of the best heel turns in a long time.

Last edited:

Ekeke

loved the turn, rest of the match was a bit meh and finishing the champ like that in that situation was funny. I dont think Shayna's ever been booked like that much of a geek before

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Great show last night. Survivor series card is absolutely stacked, hopefully NXT guys aren't too beat up.

R.E.D.

Ladder match on NXT, wrestled on Smackdown, that bump last night and wrestling again tonight. Guy deserves a rest after.
I just hope the rest won't come with him losing the title. It's not the time now.

Bwuk

I just hope the rest won't come with him losing the title. It's not the time now.
No chance unless they are considering moving UE to a diff brand.

Dunne won’t carry NXT on the USA network.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Keith Lee, Riddle, Damien priest ( :eek: ), Walter and Ciampa!

fecking Walter! Unreal.

I distinctly remember a certain someone laughing at the notion of Keith Lee being a star. Cole has had an unreal month, but Keith Lee has quietly been going about his business and gotten himself massively over.

Andersons Dietician

Keith Lee, Riddle, Damien priest ( :eek: ), Walter and Ciampa!

fecking Walter! Unreal.

I distinctly remember a certain someone laughing at the notion of Keith Lee being a star. Cole has had an unreal month, but Keith Lee has quietly been going about his business and gotten himself massively over.
Is Keith Lee that big dude that squared off with Braun on Smackdown? Whoever that dude is he had me from the moment he flew out of the ring over the top rope with a Swanton to the outside. Or maybe it was the moonsault of the 2nd rope. Anyway guys that size shouldn’t be able to do things like that. Insane athleticism. I thought Braun was a freak or even Ivar, but this dude... wow.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is Keith Lee that big dude that squared off with Braun on Smackdown? Whoever that dude is he had me from the moment he flew out of the ring over the top rope with a Swanton to the outside. Or maybe it was the moonsault of the 2nd rope. Anyway guys that size shouldn’t be able to do things like that. Insane athleticism. I thought Braun was a freak or even Ivar, but this dude... wow.
Yep. Dude is a legit freak of nature, and is charismatic to boot.