Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

AshRK

Sadly done with the AEW bandwagon now. Want it to do well but all they are doing is trying to appeal the smarks. Its not just with AEW, even WWE have become crap and the main reason is there is zero character development. All this match-match-match and then 50/50 booking does no one good. Build characters, make them feel important and make them unique. There are too many wrestlers who look similar and do nothing to impress. Tired of watching meaningless potfest every week without any storytelling.

Having said that I am on board with Rollins/Owens feud provided WWE can be patient and have them fight at the Mania. Owens is the star we all need. The guy should be booked like a badass but the issue WWE do not know how to book face or even heels.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Internet is a tiny fraction of the audience but they shout the loudest about workrate and all that shit.

So instead of unique over the top characters like in the past, we have in indie drones and clones with superkick fetishes and polished WWE bots.

Compare the heads of Rollins, Reigns, McIntyre, Elias and Ali. It's like they came off an assembly line.

Slicked long black hair. Check.
Beard. Check.
Ripped. Check.

Then think of the Undisputed Era. They look like 4 Create-a-wrestler templates from the old Smackdown games.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Most probably paraphrasing here, but apparently Meltzers criticized AEW quite a bit in the latest WOR. Said NXT is avoiding all the shit that Raw and Smackdown do that people dont like, whilst AEW are doing it every week.

Now, personally, I don't like Meltzer at all. But I know @Ekeke holds him in high regard, so what do you think about that pal? Remember you felt NXT was just doing what raw and smackdown always do, but ya man Meltzer thinks the opposite.

Ekeke

Most probably paraphrasing here, but apparently Meltzers criticized AEW quite a bit in the latest WOR. Said NXT is avoiding all the shit that Raw and Smackdown do that people dont like, whilst AEW are doing it every week.

Now, personally, I don't like Meltzer at all. But I know @Ekeke holds him in high regard, so what do you think about that pal? Remember you felt NXT was just doing what raw and smackdown always do, but ya man Meltzer thinks the opposite.
I disagree with him all the time. But yes he's the best wrestling historian and news source you've got

I agree with some of the things hes suggesting, AEW is a variety show whereas NXT mostly does the same thing over and over. I don't have any problem with that because I like the thing they do over and over - good straight wrestling matches and gimmick matches.

My issue is the promos and storylines havent got me invested in the characters and when you're used to watching good matches all the time then just a good match isn't enough to make time for it. If I want to watch the best match I'll watch NJPW or NXT Takeover PPV. So the story and stakes are important for everything else, in this case the weekly show I'm not that into at the moment.

One thing I do disagree with is the idea that AEW does cringe stuff and NXT doesnt. To me Ciampa is a total cringefest. Cant stand his promo. Velveteen Dream is another one thats all cringe. So to me they both do cringe stuff. One of those things I havent liked recently in AEW is Kris Statlander's gimmick where they're saying she's an alien... Theres been no introduction or explanation of that, it isnt a comedy thing like Luchasaurus... We're just supposed to say okay shes an alien, commentator said so. Not a fan.

Also you completely missed the point about me saying it was just more Raw and Smackdown. Those were the shows with main roster talent on them. This week there was no main roster talent and no continuation of the raw and smackdown storylines. So obviously they didnt do the same as those shows.

Renegade

How come so many seem to want to see AEW fail? I’m abit concerned about their future but I want them too succeed. People have been saying for ages we need an alternative to WWE.

I wish they’d start ignoring WWE though. Act like they don’t exist, make no mention and just focus on themselves.

They need to scrap the Brandi Rhodes thing too, just use her as Cody’s Valet. I find it so distracting when one half of a couple is face and the other heel.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
How come so many seem to want to see AEW fail? I’m abit concerned about their future but I want them too succeed. People have been saying for ages we need an alternative to WWE.

I wish they’d start ignoring WWE though. Act like they don’t exist, make no mention and just focus on themselves.

They need to scrap the Brandi Rhodes thing too, just use her as Cody’s Valet. I find it so distracting when one half of a couple is face and the other heel.
For me Tony Khan is quite unlikeable and as one poster said earlier they try to appeal too much to the smarks,

I will be honest here ive never watched a full AEW match but for MJF and Jericho promos

Something rubs me the wrong way about the set up of the company with the Young Bucks & Omega et al being vice presidents,

The reason WWE won the war besides WCW imploding from within was smart creative direction from creative people like Patterson, Brisco, Pritchard etc

These bums are talent and not office, there has to be a fine line between that IMO

Ekeke

AEW beats NXT this week 851,000 to 845,000

Not what I personally expected but great news for them. Suggests last week's lowest rating was just due to having lots of people doing stuff for thanksgiving because AEW didnt change anything up or load up the show at all in terms of the card. Both shows were up from last week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
AEW is starting to get a bit stale imo. Same faces every week with a real lack of investment in the characters and story-lines. Mox is the most interesting thing in it even if he is basically rehashing the SCSA gimmick.

On the plus side Jericho is still funny and I enjoyed the Ray Fenix v Trent match. Should've been longer. Would love to see Fenix given a push in singles as he's lightning to watch at times. Saw his Megacampeonato title match vs Kenny Omega on Youtube the other night. I reckon those two could have a legendary programme together.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Didn't enjoy THE BIG DOG being covered in dog food?

Sasha Banks is a fecking dreadful promo. The internet moans about her being overlooked but if she learned to speak WWE would push her.
:lol: That was the worst part

paulscholes18

Luke Harper and Sin Cara have been released. Harper would be a good monster for AEW, under appreciated by WWE imo

Bojan11

Pathetic Vince had a grudge against Harper because he couldn’t do a southern accent. He is miles better than Rowan.

Bwuk

Pathetic Vince had a grudge against Harper because he couldn’t do a southern accent. He is miles better than Rowan.
Look at Harper ffs. What part of him screams star?

He had a good run for what he was.

Bojan11

Look at Harper ffs. What part of him screams star?

He had a good run for what he was.
What’s that supposed to mean? You telling me Harper couldn’t do a better job than Rowan is doing right now?

He was misused for majority of his career in WWE. He should have been inserted in the Orton vs Wyatt match when he had support behind him.

And look at anyone in WWE who screams star right now with the material WWE serve up. A lot of them being held back by stupid storylines and stupid promos.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
In 2 minds about Harper going AEW. On one hand I think they need some talent like that. A big fecker that can go.

On the other hand, there's loads of misused wrestlers in WWE that will eventually get released. If you're wanting to avoid becoming TNA, would it not be wiser to stay away from Harper and build your own stars?

Maybe some New Japan.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
An ITK posted TLCs perspective matches on Reddit. It's a week out so probably a couple changes but here below.
TLC Match - Corbin vs. Roman

Miz vs. Bray Wyatt

New Day vs. Revival - Smackdown Tag Titles

Rusev vs. Lashley

Becky/Charlotte vs. Kabuki Warriors - TLC Women's Tag Titles

Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy

Viking Raiders vs. TBA - Raw Tag Team Titles

About 3 or 4 matches that are solid, but not a PPV I'd stay up late for. No singles title being defended is unforgivable, that said I suspect it'll change come Sunday.

Bwuk

What’s that supposed to mean? You telling me Harper couldn’t do a better job than Rowan is doing right now?

He was misused for majority of his career in WWE. He should have been inserted in the Orton vs Wyatt match when he had support behind him.

And look at anyone in WWE who screams star right now with the material WWE serve up. A lot of them being held back by stupid storylines and stupid promos.
What is Rowan doing wrong exactly?

I don't see how he was misused, only so many people can be in the main event. If anything they should of kept him and Rowan as a team.

AEW shouldn't go for Harper. Another ex-WWE guy they'd have to push high up the card.

Bojan11

What is Rowan doing wrong exactly?

I don't see how he was misused, only so many people can be in the main event. If anything they should of kept him and Rowan as a team.

AEW shouldn't go for Harper. Another ex-WWE guy they'd have to push high up the card.
Erm they had him destroy Bryan on numerous occasions and he even pinned Roman. He was also protected when he was with Bryan. When they were tag team it was Bryan who was taking all the pins or even getting beat up. Obviously he wasn’t going to pin Roman clean, but not many can say they beat Roman on a PPV considering how he’s built.

They probably push him as the monster on Raw as Strowman is on Smackdown now.

paulscholes18

An ITK posted TLCs perspective matches on Reddit. It's a week out so probably a couple changes but here below.
TLC Match - Corbin vs. Roman

Miz vs. Bray Wyatt

New Day vs. Revival - Smackdown Tag Titles

Rusev vs. Lashley

Becky/Charlotte vs. Kabuki Warriors - TLC Women's Tag Titles

Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy

Viking Raiders vs. TBA - Raw Tag Team Titles

About 3 or 4 matches that are solid, but not a PPV I'd stay up late for. No singles title being defended is unforgivable, that said I suspect it'll change come Sunday.
No reason not to make the Fiend V The Miz, strange decision from the creative team

R.E.D.

I think Lee should have won the main event. I don't think it's a good time for Cole to drop the belt and I don't think Balor should loose a match yet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Lee should have won the main event. I don't think it's a good time for Cole to drop the belt and I don't think Balor should loose a match yet.
I think it'll be a shenanigans finish.

I wouldn't have Lee win for a match that takes place the week after... that's a title match you should build towards I think.

Ekeke

Drawn viewership this week between AEW and NXT. I'd say thats good for NXT cuz most of their matches had no star power whatsoever other than the main event, while more of the stars were on AEW throughout the show. They have a more stacked show next week so perhaps NXT might win next time if they can draw with that card

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Going to Progress tomorrow in Sheffield. Stacked card with Meiko Satomura vs Jinny, Cara Noir vs Ilja and Tim Thatcher vs Kassius Ohno. My first wrestling show in 14 years.

Ekeke

Going to Progress tomorrow in Sheffield. Stacked card with Meiko Satomura vs Jinny, Cara Noir vs Ilja and Tim Thatcher vs Kassius Ohno. My first wrestling show in 14 years.
Nice! Jim Smallman stopped now right? So he wont do the warmup at the beginning and get you first timers to stand up and answer why you havent been before :lol: