Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Good bits and bobs in that match but overall overbooked, and went on too long.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rhea is winning the women's Rumble.

On Wednesday, she drew with Becky.

On Friday, she pinned Charlotte.

Last night, she pinned Shayna and won War Games.

Tonight, she pinned Sasha and won the SS elimination match.

Several rockets are being strapped to her.

Ekeke

Ok that match was horrible, and it didnt even have a red tint. The mens survivor series match was good though

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Survivor Series sucked, Wargames was good like all NXT ppvs - just not as good as some of their other takeovers. Full Gear was good too
Oh come on, thats silly.

Brock vs, Rey was fun- if short (awesome near fall though) - Both the 3-way tag match, the 3 way US/Inter/NA match were very good. The men's survivor series match was really good despite all the eliminations, Bryan vs. Wyatt was far better then it had any right to be (crowd were well into it at the final stretch despite the shitty lighting which tells you something), and Cole vs. Dunn was brilliant.

The only actual disappointing match was the main event - but really there was nothing "bad" on the show at all... so saying it sucked is just OTT.

AshRK

So is Rollins a heel now? I hope he is. If WWE are smart (which most of the times they are not) they will have KO as the top baby face and have him win the rumble and beat Lesnar.

Ekeke

Oh come on, thats silly.

Brock vs, Rey was fun- if short (awesome near fall though) - Both the 3-way tag match, the 3 way US/Inter/NA match were very good. The men's survivor series match was really good despite all the eliminations, Bryan vs. Wyatt was far better then it had any right to be (crowd were well into it at the final stretch despite the shitty lighting which tells you something), and Cole vs. Dunn was brilliant.

The only actual disappointing match was the main event - but really there was nothing "bad" on the show at all... so saying it sucked is just OTT.
The only thing good was the mens survivor series, and thats excluding that they eliminated the most over guy first.

My standards are different to yours.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The only thing good was the mens survivor series, and thats excluding that they eliminated the most over guy first.

My standards are different to yours.
If you didn't think Cole vs. Dunne was good then your standards are ludicrous

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Stacked it may have been but that was probably one of the weakest episodes I've seen.

Lots of sloppy spots, dull matches and lack of crowd interaction didn't help. That goat at the start was having none of it :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Looks like they're positioning Mox as the next contender for Jericho. I can see him having to run through all of the Inner Circle up to the next PPV to get his title shot. And he'll probably win it too.

This would then set up a re-run of the Moxley vs Omega programme.

Jericho > Moxley > Omega ? Sensible title booking or too predictable?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Wasn't a real episode of NXT tbf, didn't have all the "main" roster /s

Ekeke

Pretty good week for NXT in the ratings again and yep thats not so good for AEW. They expected to start off with 500k, but a few months in now I'm sure they'd be hoping for a little more than 663k people after they've had tv for 9 weeks and a pay per view. Perhaps we'll see some changes to how some things are done, like NXT changed.

Will be interesting to see if NXT holds up in the next few weeks at that number now its just the NXT stars and if the WWE rub lasts. Its obviously done wonders for them in the past couple of weeks. AEW cant bring in RAW and Smackdown stars, so their adjustments would have to look different. Perhaps we'll now finally see Omega pushed as the top babyface and putting more of a focus on himself than booking the womens division. Thats along the lines of something Meltzer has said for many weeks, that AEW still need to make their "stars" bigger stars to the tv audience, because they've had a lot of those guys (Omega, Young Bucks, etc) losing matches to try and make the names of other talents, instead of being like WCW and having the guys with the bigger names win every week and never letting the newer faces get over. Meltzer felt they were doing it too much and perhaps having more than just Cody on a good run and built like a big star will make a difference for them.

As for watching the shows, I liked AEW last wednesday and lost interest during the NXT show. Ciampa's promo in particular is too cheesy for me as someone thats supposed to be a dead serious character. But I'm obviously a lot more of a hardcore fan than most of the people watching between the two shows, so what appeals to me doesn't mean its what appeals to the most people.

Edit - Also just seen the full AEW card this week. I'll probably still like the show but I feel like its missing 1 big match for one of the people I'm invested in atm - Cody, Omega, Jericho, Pac or Moxley against one of the others.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pretty good week for NXT in the ratings again and yep thats not so good for AEW. They expected to start off with 500k, but a few months in now I'm sure they'd be hoping for a little more than 663k people after they've had tv for 9 weeks and a pay per view. Perhaps we'll see some changes to how some things are done, like NXT changed.

Will be interesting to see if NXT holds up in the next few weeks at that number now its just the NXT stars and if the WWE rub lasts. Its obviously done wonders for them in the past couple of weeks. AEW cant bring in RAW and Smackdown stars, so their adjustments would have to look different. Perhaps we'll now finally see Omega pushed as the top babyface and putting more of a focus on himself than booking the womens division. Thats along the lines of something Meltzer has said for many weeks, that AEW still need to make their "stars" bigger stars to the tv audience, because they've had a lot of those guys (Omega, Young Bucks, etc) losing matches to try and make the names of other talents, instead of being like WCW and having the guys with the bigger names win every week and never letting the newer faces get over. Meltzer felt they were doing it too much and perhaps having more than just Cody on a good run and built like a big star will make a difference for them.

As for watching the shows, I liked AEW last wednesday and lost interest during the NXT show. Ciampa's promo in particular is too cheesy for me as someone thats supposed to be a dead serious character. But I'm obviously a lot more of a hardcore fan than most of the people watching between the two shows, so what appeals to me doesn't mean its what appeals to the most people.

Edit - Also just seen the full AEW card this week. I'll probably still like the show but I feel like its missing 1 big match for one of the people I'm invested in atm - Cody, Omega, Jericho, Pac or Moxley against one of the others.
Ffs :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Rock n roll express, 10 time nwa tag champs.

Bwuk

Not watched either show - but seen a video of the Jericho segment. Read the results for both though.

Beyond cringe. Marko Stunt is embarrassing trying to act tough. AEW sounds tragically bad - why is Brandi Rhodes trying to act as some sort of cult leader.

Ekeke

AEW was okay, some not so great parts particularly the Daniels and Pentagon match. Fenix was great in the ring, Young Bucks and Dustin was very good for what it was (high speed opener) Shida and Statlander was fairly good, Cody and Jericho's promos were absolutely great like normal. Didnt really like Janela in the main event with Moxley.

Havent seen NXT and wasnt optimistic about the card this week going into Dynamite. Didnt see anything on the show that would tell me AEW got people to turn the channel from NXT so I'd expect an NXT win after the last few weeks of momentum.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I've tried AEW for a few weeks and I just can't get on board with it. It just seems cheap and shit. Granted, i'm a very casual viewer. But I was really wanting to like it because i'm sick of Smackdown and (particularly) Raw, being utter wank. But I just can't do it. I truly think that if WWE were churning out the exact same product as AEW, people would hate it.