Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Charlotte is public enemy number 1 for the internet today.

Apparently Kairi got concussed at some point during the match, Becky and Asuka worked around it and called a finish to the match (allegedly) but Charlotte was reckless with Kairi and gave her a petulant slap in the face after a botched spear.

Andersons Dietician

Apparently Kairi got concussed at some point during the match, Becky and Asuka worked around it and called a finish to the match (allegedly) but Charlotte was reckless with Kairi and gave her a petulant slap in the face after a botched spear.
I think not long after that botched Spear Charlotte power bombs her through a table but there is a ladder stacked against the barrier on the floor and it looks like she clips her head off that on the way down.

Mystry

Friendship is magic

Watched the match and it wasn't as bad as some make out. Charlotte had a few dodgey moments, the slap probably being the worst. Even if she doesn't know Kairi is concussed at that point, it's not as if she's never botched anything. It's then she should have realised something is up, and when she tries to pick Kairi up and again she's just out of. Perhaps instead of powerbombing her through a table, do something else. Some of the stick is deserved but it is going to go over the top.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watched the match and it wasn't as bad as some make out. Charlotte had a few dodgey moments, the slap probably being the worst. Even if she doesn't know Kairi is concussed at that point, it's not as if she's never botched anything. It's then she should have realised something is up, and when she tries to pick Kairi up and again she's just out of. Perhaps instead of powerbombing her through a table, do something else. Some of the stick is deserved but it is going to go over the top.
It is over the top but the slap is a really nasty look. It's such a shitty thing to do out of frustration to an injured opponent. Becky and Asuka kept their heads, Charlotte should've been able to as well.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Just watched the match. First things first there are a number of risky spots during the match and of course, Becky and Charlotte took about 10% of them with the Kabuki warriors taking 90% of the risky spots. At least 3 or 4 times Asuka was sent head first into piles of chairs which isnt much better than taking an unprotected chair shot to the face.

When it comes to Charlotte's Fallaway Slam "into the barricade" that causes Kairi's problems, she tries to do it from 2 or 3 yards too far out. That creates a high angle when Kari's body just about hits the barricade before the floor and she has a nasty twisted landing. When I first heard about this I heard that she fell on the exposed concrete but I don't think thats the case, still the bit of padding on top of it is where her head falls as far as I can see. I'd say its more the bad landing from a sudden drop that causes trouble for her.

Kairi barely moves and a referee walks over and checks on her after about 4 seconds while Charlotte walks away.

When Charlotte goes over to untie Becky from the ladder, Asuka runs up and delivers a normal chair shot from behind. However perhaps Charlotte was surprised by the impact because she very clearly yells "Oh feck" facing into the camera.

We then see Kairi walk over and she stumbled several times, before then standing straight and screaming at the crowd. She dives at Becky on the ladder and looks like she takes boots to the face, but I'm pretty sure she hit how she was supposed to and it looks worse than it is.

Charlotte slaps her across the face, its not that bad obviously much worse if your opponent potentially has a concussion. But Kairi has taken hits 10 times that in Stardom, where she has also been concussed before.

Whether she was concussed, or the barricade spot just took a lot out of her physically when Kairi dives off the apron to try and splash Becky, she has a Becky-level non-jump and just plummets compared to the leap and height of her normal Elbow Drop. So something seemed up. She barely makes the table and of course it doesnt break

Soon after standing her legs give way and shes on all fours.

Kairi slams Becky's face on the chair and then falls down. At this point she doesnt seem to want to be out there anymore, there's nothing on her strikes on Becky on the floor and she seems to be talking to Becky on the floor back and forth.

Kairi again goes to all fours then just lays down prone. But 2 seconds later shes encouraged to get up for the next spot as far as I can tell, perhaps by a referee? As I can hear "come on... "and then something but I cant quite make it out.

Then comes the messed up Spear. Flair runs and grabs her, I'm guessing Kairi was supposed to jump and bump for the impact but instead she just goes down lightly. Again, it looks like she has nothing else to give physically. Flair slaps her on the floor, looks pissed off, goes straight into powerbomb position and yells "Move this" as she throws a chair off of a table thats already set up.

Kairi looks frightened half to death as Charlotte lifts her up, again with no spring from Kairi herself. I'm gonna say I think its half her selling the danger of the spot in terms of her facials there, and obviously half not looking forward to taking even more damage in the match. She starts to hit at Charlotte's arms as she lifts her, I dont know if that was to make it seem slightly more realistic or if she really really doesnt want to get powerbombed at that point. But she almost doesnt seem able to use her core and sit her top half up into position. And Charlotte powerbombs her... And its just a tad over the normal intensity that someone would powerbomb someone through a table on the outside. Its certainly not an impact that is going to help Kairi out regardless of whats wrong with her.

Asuka buries both opponents under tables and chairs and goes to get Kairi for the winning stretch. But Kairi is laying on the floor, clearly upset and probably crying and saying she cant do it. Asuka lifts Kairi to her feet gingerly and tells her to keep an eye on becky and charlotte

Charlotte gets back into the ring and holds a chair above her head like shes about to waffle Kairi with it, and Kairi has a double take before sprinting out of the ring. She did not want to get hit in the head with that chair. Becky gives her a soft one to the back and she rolls out

Asuka puts Charlotte through the table on the outside, the one risky bump she took herself and it probably had the same or worse impact than the one Kairi took from her. Then Becky falls from the ladder as Asuka pulls the rope... Becky comes nowhere close to taking that bump with her head, instead landing her arm across the rope. It doesnt look very good. And then Asuka wins

All in all, something clearly happened to Kairi. Not 100% a concussion, but maybe 50/50 and if not at the very least she was shaken up, physically done and could barely do basic things for the rest of the match. While mostly Charlotte, but also Becky's boot still hit her in the face several times and Charlotte powerbombed her through a table.

When I heard about this match I expected to see her in a complete mess like when Paige took the kick from Sasha from behind and re-injured her neck. That wasnt the case, she was obviously hurt and shaken up and shouldnt have continued or her opponents should have left her laying because she was clearly done. But they had her carry on doing most of what she was supposed to do in the rest of the match and obviously, it was poorly done.

Hopefully theres nothing longterm wrong with her, but again Kairi has had at least 1 concussion before in Stardom. I also believe her contract is up in the new year so this could conceivably be her last match with WWE unless she signs a new deal. Of course WWE is known for adding time to contracts of people who get injured, so maybe if shes unavailable for a while they'll freeze it and get 1 or 2 more matches from her.

Heres a gif of Io Shirai giving Kairi a concussion in Stardom from a Piledriver off the apron to the floor

Sylar

I feel like I've just read court evidence.
:lol:
Did he throw in a previous post he's more of a hardcore fan than others watching both are and nxt or something
It felt like a troll moment

The ratings thing has to be an ultimate troll thing here.

Andersons Dietician

So Liv Morgan? Is it me or does it seem weird she is going on about being different from everyone else when now without the hair she looks like most of the other blonde too much make up types on the WWE roster.

I quite enjoyed her previous character but this is looking like it will probably be the end of her WWE career. Emmalina anyone?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Liv Morgan? Is it me or does it seem weird she is going on about being different from everyone else when now without the hair she looks like most of the other blonde too much make up types on the WWE roster.

I quite enjoyed her previous character but this is looking like it will probably be the end of her WWE career. Emmalina anyone?
I hop not. She's mint.

Ekeke

Emma was judged to not be able to play the character. Obviously Vince didnt find her sexy

As for Liv, while she was actually having matches she was one of the best bumpers on the womens roster at least until Brie knocked her loopy. The vignette comes across more as "I'm the star now, not the lackey" to me. Not a member of a crappy group but someone to get her own push. And with a "makeover" and blonde hair you know Vince will give her that push, what happens we'll have to wait and see. But good for her that shes being made a big deal of at least for now.

Ekeke

NXT beat AEW this week by over 100k viewers with a stacked Takeover level card. But AEW also had some matches built up so both sides were trying for a good rating. NXT's was way better. Havent watched the show, AEW was good in some parts especially Jericho and Jungle Boy but also had some problems.

Last edited:

Bwuk

NXT beat AEW this week by over 100k viewers with a stacked Takeover level card. But AEW also had some matches built up so both sides were trying for a good rating. NXT's was way better. Havent watched the show, AEW was good in some parts especially Jericho and Jungle Boy but had also had some problems.

AEW was laughably bad. Even Meltzer is turning on them.

Ekeke

AEWs tv number this week not so good, but their PPV Revolution sold out in under an hour. So still a very hot ticket for the live pay per view show

paulscholes18

Who said that?

Unless AEW changes things up drastically they won’t last 2020. Has anyone seen the dark order clip that Orton etc are laughing at.
:lol: It’s so bad, also Felix after no selling the dragon suplex went for some kind of flying forearm and landed on his front

manutddjw

This might actually work out in Lars favour. Steph might finally get to see 2 of her brilliant pitches while head of creative come to fruition. The worlds biggest and baddest gay man like she pitched for Brock or the child of rape she pitched for Batista could be applied to Lars.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This might actually work out in Lars favour. Steph might finally get to see 2 of her brilliant pitches while head of creative come to fruition. The worlds biggest and baddest gay man like she pitched for Brock or the child of rape she pitched for Batista could be applied to Lars.
Titus O Neil actually is. Horrible story, his mother was raped when she was 10 and she gave birth to him at 11.

Ekeke

I heard about a certain return so decided to watch some of Raw. Skipped most of it, was hoping it was a decent return in the main event which I certainly wouldnt have watched if it wasnt for hearing that she was coming... What the feck was that. All that buildup for Liv and shes just a stand in partner for Rusev so they can do Lashley and Lana Vs. Rusev and Liv? Bullshit

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I heard about a certain return so decided to watch some of Raw. Skipped most of it, was hoping it was a decent return in the main event which I certainly wouldnt have watched if it wasnt for hearing that she was coming... What the feck was that. All that buildup for Liv and shes just a stand in partner for Rusev so they can do Lashley and Lana Vs. Rusev and Liv? Bullshit
But all the build up was generated by people on twitter/reddit - There was never anything to actually indicate that Liv Morgan was going to be this breakout star that people were making out. They aired 1 or 2 videos of her and the rest was generated from her posting dark shit on her own twitter.