Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Fener1907

Whilst good enough itself, the PPV didn't feel like a major deal because AEW is consistently putting on excellent episodes of Dynamite. Albeit perhaps not intended, it's a refreshingly alternative approach.

WWE seems to go the opposite way and serve up lazy efforts whilst hoping a PPV will negate any ill-will accrued from consistently poor episodes of Raw and Smackdown. It's not a formula NXT has had to rely on but they may well do if weekly episodes continue to edge towards being regularly bland like in recent weeks.

There are too many organizations out there nowadays for WWE to continue being this complacent, even less so now that AEW has established itself and has no financial constraints.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Freshly Squeezed was the star of the night. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

His entrance was fantastic too.

"From....wherever. Weighing in at......whatever."

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So I read that Goldberg was booed at last night's Smackdown. There was some debate regarding VKM's likely reaction to this since the silver cloud might be that it could result in Roman being the de facto babyface at their predicted Wrestlemania title match. However, my feeling as that rather than Reigns being cheered it will only result in both him and Goldberg being booed out of the building.

Sylar

I can’t take AEW matches seriously. The amount of “finishers/deadly moves” used in the Tag championship match is ridiculous. Why not save some sequences for later months? Those knee’s Kenny does look like vicious match enders but then the Young buck is up doing flips a couple seconds later. I saw a sequence where both YB’s were super kicking Omega then hit him with some knee’s or something and he kicked out. I turned it off at that point. I really want to get into AEW because I like their characters and presentation but the matches are over produced. Does every wrestler/character have to be acrobatic in style? Imagine seeing HHH,Austin and Rock doing moonsaults and springboards.
Different eras. Nxt it happens too but it works for the crowd and majority who watch it

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Decent enough ppv.

No real shocks. Thought the tag team title match was easily the stand out of the night.

Pac Vs OC and Sammy Vs Darby were both great little matches too.

Predictably Dustin Vs Hager and Nyla Vs Statlander killed the vibe.

Unnecessary juicing in the Cody Vs MJF bout. Wasn't even a reason for him to be cut either. That match was disappointing after the build up.

Jericho Vs Mox was better than I expected for a brawl. That cut from the yeet into the ring post looked like a receipt for the headbutt from the other night tbh :lol:

Also @Annihilate Now! is spot on. Plenty of variety in the matches last night if the tag team was too much for you. Not for me though. It was brilliant. Both technically and in the story it was telling. Glad they're keeping it going and loved the tease of Hangman turning on Kenny. I think the opposite might happen eventually and he'll go on to beat Mox for the title.

Would love it if Ibusui turned up at some point too. The kick out at 1 from the golden trigger got a huge pop.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've only ever seen OC's comedy bits, never seen a full match. He can fecking wrestle.

His superman punch is a thing of beauty.

So I read that Goldberg was booed at last night's Smackdown. There was some debate regarding VKM's likely reaction to this since the silver cloud might be that it could result in Roman being the de facto babyface at their predicted Wrestlemania title match. However, my feeling as that rather than Reigns being cheered it will only result in both him and Goldberg being booed out of the building.
They were both booed. There was a sizeable "You both suck" chant going at one point.

Ekeke

Revolution was really good other than the womens match. Tag title match and Allin Vs Guevara were top class.

Ekeke

I can’t take AEW matches seriously. The amount of “finishers/deadly moves” used in the Tag championship match is ridiculous. Why not save some sequences for later months? Those knee’s Kenny does look like vicious match enders but then the Young buck is up doing flips a couple seconds later. I saw a sequence where both YB’s were super kicking Omega then hit him with some knee’s or something and he kicked out. I turned it off at that point. I really want to get into AEW because I like their characters and presentation but the matches are over produced. Does every wrestler/character have to be acrobatic in style? Imagine seeing HHH,Austin and Rock doing moonsaults and springboards.
I guess you dont like NXT either because its the same style. Many, many false finishes for an exciting match

Renegade

I guess you dont like NXT either because its the same style. Many, many false finishes for an exciting match
Nah I don’t watch NXT. I’m a pretty casual viewer but like the storylines and characters from AEW.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It was fine
It was wank with a "forced kissing" bit that would rightly get WWE slaughtered these days. They even censor out the time Ric did it to Becky a few years ago.

Also, the absolute state of Cody Rhodes' tattoo. What was he thinking? He looks like the biggest redneck hick now.

Bwuk

It was wank with a "forced kissing" bit that would rightly get WWE slaughtered these days. They even censor out the time Ric did it to Becky a few years ago.

Also, the absolute state of Cody Rhodes' tattoo. What was he thinking? He looks like the biggest redneck hick now.
Goldust vs Jack Swagger was 5 stars brother.

Sylar

Yeah it wasn't good at all especially as an opener for a ppv. Expected better don't know why.
Also that code red / Canadian destroyer needs to stop being used every match. It was an awesome finisher once now it's just used like it's a dropkick

Motivated Randy Orton is so feckin' great.
Yep. Speaking of being used sparingly, Orton's RKO in his segment was ten times better cos of who he did it to and how rare it happens in WWE now

AshRK

Finding it funny the uproar of having Richochet losing the 24/7 title match. The guy is bland and has zero charisma. Apart from kick and flips he does nothing for a neutral fans like me to get behind him. Yes WWE and Vince don't know how to book people especially baby faces but still I don't see anything in Richochet.

AshRK

It was a good raw which developed stories for Mania. I am fine having KO and Seth wrestle at mania provided there is something in line for that match. They have decent storyline going there but if it is just a normal match it will get lost in the shuffle.

Edge/Randy has already won people over. That match should be good.

AJ/Taker is in its early stages. I am expecting some good promo between the two heading into mania. Tag match will also be fine if they go with 3 on 2 pairing Black and Taker.

Drew/Brock's segment yesterday was good and that's what needs to happen more often. Like Randy, a motivated Brock is one of the best. Expecting a strong match between the two.

Fiend/Cena should have been for the title. A natural story with Fiend trying to take revenge for what Cena did to him at WM 30 and Cena chasing 17th title. Now it looks like a forced match so far.

Goldberg/Roman as a match could do well if booked correctly. I don't know how one can make it interesting. There is no back story to that, just placing Roman so that he can get the win. It has not worked int he past, doubt it will work now.

Ekeke

Finding it funny the uproar of having Richochet losing the 24/7 title match. The guy is bland and has zero charisma. Apart from kick and flips he does nothing for a neutral fans like me to get behind him. Yes WWE and Vince don't know how to book people especially baby faces but still I don't see anything in Richochet.
That goes for 95% of the main roster

AshRK

That goes for 95% of the main roster
I have not seen anything special in him so far apart from some kick and flips which by the way nowadays many are able to do. His mic skill work is non existent. You are right there are many who are bland and that is why I do blame WWE and Vince for not being bale to book a proper baby face.

Ekeke

I have not seen anything special in him so far apart from some kick and flips which by the way nowadays many are able to do. His mic skill work is non existent. You are right there are many who are bland and that is why I do blame WWE and Vince for not being bale to book a proper baby face.
I don't really disagree. He's never been a good promo and his WWE character is pathetic. Real life superhero! rubbish.

But at least with Ricochet you might get something spectacular in a match

AshRK

I don't really disagree. He's never been a good promo and his WWE character is pathetic. Real life superhero! rubbish.

But at least with Ricochet you might get something spectacular in a match
I feel it would be better if he finds himself a partner (maybe Ali or Cedric) and become a tag team wrestler for a year or two. Maybe he can develop some character during that time. Right now I find no reason to get behind him.

Bojan11

Raw has surprisingly been decent the past month or so. Decent compared to the last few years.

Sylar

Raw has surprisingly been decent the past month or so. Decent compared to the last few years.
Agreed
It's had some good stuff

Booking of people from nxt compared to raw is day and night. Nxt does a good job of highlighting strengths

Raw takes them with nothing in mind and Vince gives up after three weeks and moves on. Sad stuff

Ekeke

I feel it would be better if he finds himself a partner (maybe Ali or Cedric) and become a tag team wrestler for a year or two. Maybe he can develop some character during that time. Right now I find no reason to get behind him.
Two other people without much of a character?

If he's going to find a character he should be with someone who has a character and charisma and can help get him over.

Sylar

Two other people without much of a character?

If he's going to find a character he should be with someone who has a character and charisma and can help get him over.
On the raw roster? Haha. Not as a face anyway.

Meaning he should turn heel?

But with who? Join Rollins but that wont happen
Him vs Rey could be awesome but angel Garza is the guy that should be beating Rey. That guy is gold especially with Zelina

Just give him back to nxt

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ricochet is just nothingness. He's 98% acrobat, 2% wrestler. Taker said it best recently...

“The athletes, these guys are incredible, especially this generation right now. I think they’re phenomenal. I mean the things that they can physically do is off the chart. I mean when I was breaking in, I couldn’t even think of the things that they do now. But what happens when you learn that style, like if you’re gonna get on the top rope and you do a double backflip onto somebody or onto the floor, that’s what the audience gets conditioned to see.

So they’re not as invested in that character. They don’t care as much about the character as they care about what they’re gonna do that’s gonna blow your mind. So what ends up happening, when you first do that one flip off the top…you know, after a couple of times I have seen that…’Okay well, now what you got for me?’ So they got to continue to up their games like, ‘Okay well, now I got to do two flips and a twist and do it on the concrete.’
That's exactly what happened with Ricochet. People loved him and his 630s in NXT, then he had to 630s off a cage and eventually no-one gives a toss about him because there is nothing to care about. Take Becky Lynch for example, possibly the most unathletic person on the roster with one of the blandest movesets but fans love her and get into her matches regardless. Character >>>>>>> workrate and flips.

Ricochet is the "I didn't do it" boy of WWE.

"Do the move, Ricochet!"

Ekeke

Ricochet is just nothingness. He's 98% acrobat, 2% wrestler. Taker said it best recently...

That's exactly what happened with Ricochet. People loved him and his 630s in NXT, then he had to 630s off a cage and eventually no-one gives a toss about him because there is nothing to care about. Take Becky Lynch for example, possibly the most unathletic person on the roster with one of the blandest movesets but fans love her and get into her matches regardless. Character >>>>>>> workrate and flips.

Ricochet is the "I didn't do it" boy of WWE.

"Do the move, Ricochet!"
A half decent storyline helps as well. Becky had one, it just wasnt the one the WWE gave her on purpose. She had a good winning run looking like she might get a title shot, then Charlotte had it given to her and the people who were enjoying Becky's run and thought she deserved her title shot after a year or so of not being in the title picture were upset. Thats what got Becky over to this level

Whats Ricochet's story been?

He's a real life superhero! He's Spiderman!

Its just a rehash of Neville in a cape being mighty mouse. Lazy, stupid and no chance of getting someone over.

Most recently Ricochet's storyline has been winning a match, getting a title shot, everyone being told repeatedly that he doesnt have a chance against Brock and then he got squashed. Who is going to get behind that for a story? Nobody.

Sylar

Becky standing bloody, and smiling after getting a real punch but laying out Rousey was also iconic. Made her look total badass.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jake the Snake was a nice surprise. Still cuts a great promo. Absolutely bodied Cody.

Can't make my mind up if I like the trio of Pac & The Luch Bros. I mean I do because they're all great in the ring but I kind of feel Pac deserves a single titles run and the Lucha Bros deserve a tag team title run. Does this dilute them somewhat?

That Judas Effect from Jericho to as Darby was diving through the ropes looked pretty brutal. Apparently he's had to go to the hospital for it (whether that's just kayfabe or not though).

Darby v Sammy should be on every week.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Becky standing bloody, and smiling after getting a real punch but laying out Rousey was also iconic. Made her look total badass.
Honestly, Becky is already attractive as feck but the way she just took it all on when she got her nose busted looking like a complete badass was fecking insanely hot and I'm not entirely sure why but it was.

But yeah mainly she also looked like a legitimate badass and it worked perfectly for the character. Way to turn a botch into one of THE best iconic moments of the last decade or so in wrestling.

Ekeke

Stardom will have a 0 fan coronavirus caused show tonight, but it'll stream for free on youtube from 2:30am tomorrow (later tonight)

Should be a pretty good free show if you like womens wrestling

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Jake the Snake was a nice surprise. Still cuts a great promo. Absolutely bodied Cody.
I can't imagine how buzzing he must have been too get back out there, I absolutely loved Jake's promo's growing up and would re-wind every time, I didn't give a shit that I could barely conceive what a phrase such as "wallowing in the muck of avarice" meant. I was 4 or 5. But it was hypnotic.

His story and everything he has achieved recently is a massive inspiration and reminding myself of it was a huge motivation too get back into doing the DDPY program.

I think they should utilise his promo skills out of the ring though, more studio-y type stuff, I think his voice and general cadence these days would be better suited too it. But still a great bit of work and immediately went too the top or near too the top of active stick men. Which probably speaks more too the quality of the field he is operating in.

Andersons Dietician

Crowd were rubbish, some of the spots in the men’s tag match were ridiculous. I mean Tucker but then what’s his face from the Lucha house party. Insane.
Womans elimination chamber was fecking pointless. Might as well have just had
Askua vs Bazler and be done with it
biggest waste of space on the card. They competitors were given nothing to work with with.

Props to Nattie and Liv those feckers can take a hit.

Sylar

Yeah crowd seemed dead for the most part.
I hope they dont fully ruin the otiz/mandy/Dolph storyline. Thats been the best (and pretty much only) thing on SD.

Womens main event served its purpose. Made Shayna look like a dominant beast. They could have timed it better though cos her walking around was too long. At least with Brock in the rumble it was less than a minute. Here it seemed like longer than five minutes at times..

Gulak and Bryan just put on a clinic
Was awesome and the story around the match (with the background of the stuff happening on SD) was well done too. Really hope its not a one and done thing.