Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Well that was weird. Becky coming out with the fur coat and shades might come across arrogant but for the fact her opponent has the same look-at-me energy and attitude about her own look and character and shes the face
:lol: doubling down I see.

Becky stepped up her heel turn even more and the reactions went with it. There was a clear heel and face in that promo and you know it. Nothing weird about it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Becky stepped up her heel turn even more and the reactions went with it. There was a clear heel and face in that promo and you know it. Nothing weird about it.
Weird thing to not notice, calling out the fans isn’t exactly a face move. :lol:

Credit to WWE/Becky, would have been easy to have her be the same character and run with it (like they do with Cena), but chose a more interesting route.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Given the finish to Pac v Andrade it is obvious in hindsight why it was not on the same show as Jericho vs MJF.

Great match Pac and Andrade. Best I've seen from Andrade for sure
Neither watched his match vs Gargano? For me that is one of three best in WWE ever.

AshRK

That SD show was wonderful. Edge is some performer and his chemistry with Seth is awesome. The gulf between SD and Raw is enormous. Take Lashley away and you would have 3 hours of crap. SD on other hand is filled with interesting roster.

choccy77

That SD show was wonderful. Edge is some performer and his chemistry with Seth is awesome. The gulf between SD and Raw is enormous. Take Lashley away and you would have 3 hours of crap. SD on other hand is filled with interesting roster.
Yeah it is incredible the difference and the Edge Rollins match was really good and interesting.

I hope Fox keep the pressure on WWE cos it clearly is working

Ekeke

Oh Dave...

Wonder how much SD sold then :eek:. And were all tickets on sale, or are there any covid restrictions?

Over 18k+ is obviously great for AEW's NY show, which is I assume the comparison.

MSG capacity is 20,789 so obviously at near or a full sell out its going to have been more.

However Arthur Ashe is 23,771 full capacity. So I guess if both had no restrictions and full capacity available, AEW would have the potential to go to 23.7k.

Either way it'll be interesting to see the actual numbers from Smackdown in NY and then AEW Dynamite in NY

Edit - Oh I see now. Its about the gross and the tickets were expensive, and bought. Not about number of people there. One of the twitter replies says there were the longest merch lines he'd ever seen. I wonder who the biggest sellers were. Roman must be up there, but then after that would be interesting

choccy77

WWE did 14, 500 give or take, they announced it several times on air.

Obviously they lose one side due to the stage and production areas.

Ekeke

AEW ticket sales especially pre sale sold faster than WWE for NY
Aha. Thanks. I'd imagine AEW sells loads of merch too but I think the WWE ticket prices are higher so WWE might still be ahead for the gross, so that is something

And btw before any starts the nonsense, its great for WWE to have sold so many tickets and make lots of money too. We're in a pandemic and people could be wary of going to live events like these, but it looks like wrestling is going to be super popular compared to where it was before

Sylar

Aha. Thanks. I'd imagine AEW sells loads of merch too but I think the WWE ticket prices are higher so WWE might still be ahead for the gross, so that is something

And btw before any starts the nonsense, its great for WWE to have sold so many tickets and make lots of money too. We're in a pandemic and people could be wary of going to live events like these, but it looks like wrestling is going to be super popular compared to where it was before
Smack down deserves it as does aew

But feck raw :nervous:
When you put on a horrible product you don't deserve to be rewarded (though I feel sorry for the wrestlers)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah great Smackdown. I love Brock... I know some of his match formulas bore people, as does his part time status... But at others have said, the man just has an aura that is unmatched in wrestling.

Plus, when he's invested, and he's on, like vs Styles / Bryan /Mysterio in recent years, he's a really fantastic pro wrestler

Minkaro

Yeah great Smackdown. I love Brock... I know some of his match formulas bore people, as does his part time status... But at others have said, the man just has an aura that is unmatched in wrestling.

Plus, when he's invested, and he's on, like vs Styles / Bryan /Mysterio in recent years, he's a really fantastic pro wrestler
Now I want to rewatch those matches. There’s a really good one against Punk too iirc.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

The match with Bryan was fantastic. One of the best matches of the last few years. It was so physical...

But it also had one of the worst ref bumps ever :lol:

Ekeke

Joe relinquishes NXT title due to injury

Also Jim Ross on it being tough to get Vince to hire Randy

“Every recruiting story is different,” Ross mentioned. “I had a hard sell to get Randy Orton hired because of his negative exit from the Marines, and Vince, being a strong patriot, didn’t like how that worked out with Randy in the military. I said, ‘Didn’t you get a second chance, [Vince]? Well, what’s the difference with this kid? He’s third generation. If he hits, look what we have. If he doesn’t hit, I can get rid of him in 90 days notice. What do we have to lose?'”

“He’s going to end his career as one of the greatest talents. Hall of Famer, no doubt, but also going to be regarded by his peers as one of the greatest in-ring workers. It worked out well.”

Last edited:

Bwuk

Can't help but feel Joes career can't be going on much longer. I can't see WWE wanting to trust him again after this.

Ekeke

Bryan Alvarez was gushing about the womens title match from Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor from last night so I gave it a watch. Certainly a very good match overall from 19 year old Rok-C and Miranda Alize. Not perfect but some impressive sequences at times. Rok-C is going to be great and Alize is a very good heel. The tale of the tape had them at 5'9 and 5'10 but from watching I'm pretty sure thats not very close to true :lol: Edit - Rok-c from looking online seems to be more like 5'1 so they added 8 inches :eek: I'd be 6'4 in Ring of honor!

Anyway if you enjoy womens wrestling its definitely worth watching that match to see how good Rok-C already is. Overall it was better than most of the womens matches in WWE and AEW and as Alvarez asked the question "How did none of the bigger companies sign these 2 women before ROH did shortly before this?" Thats certainly the question to be asking after the match

Last edited:

Ekeke

She gets heel reactions when she says heel things the fans dont like to hear. She gets cheered when she comes out. Thats what needs to change. She needs to get a negative reaction

sewey89

She gets heel reactions when she says heel things the fans dont like to hear. She gets cheered when she comes out. Thats what needs to change. She needs to get a negative reaction
She got a hell of a lot fewer cheers when she came out this week, than the week previous. Because she’a in the middle of a heel turn… She’ll get even less next week.

Ekeke

She got a hell of a lot fewer cheers when she came out this week, than the week previous. Because she’a in the middle of a heel turn… She’ll get even less next week.
Keep in mind WWE are piping in reactions like they always do

sewey89

Keep in mind WWE are piping in reactions like they always do
Keep in mind that you said there is no way the crowd would have her as a heel and they’d cheer her regardless, so she could have Attitude era HHH levels of heat and you’d still claim she was being cheered.

Everybody bar you can see that the turn is working well and it’s one of the better things in WWE now. As I’ve said previously, there is more than enough in WWE to shit on, so let’s enjoy the stuff that’s actually bearable.

Anyway
Big E :D

Name Changed

weso26
I don't know why they are going to feed The Demon to Roman on a relatively small PPV. Roman doesn't need to be made look stronger. The Demon character should be protected. It's such a waste considering Brock is the real feud.

Ekeke

Keep in mind that you said there is no way the crowd would have her as a heel and they’d cheer her regardless, so she could have Attitude era HHH levels of heat and you’d still claim she was being cheered.

Everybody bar you can see that the turn is working well and it’s one of the better things in WWE now. As I’ve said previously, there is more than enough in WWE to shit on, so let’s enjoy the stuff that’s actually bearable.

Anyway
Again, she very clearly is cheered when she comes out. Despite WWE production piping in boos as well. Its not a new or unique thing, WWE do it with other people too. But the point is to try and trick the easily fooled when reactions arent what they want. And here you are.

I hope they go all in with Big E but something tells me that might not happen. Just a feeling I got from the injury angle. If they wanted to make him as big a star as possible he could have won with Lashley not having an injury as well as having just had a match. Thats usually where a heel would cash in, when the opponent is seriously comprimised. But oh well, he clearly came across as the face and the fans were happy. Hopefully in the next few weeks he gets the big wins without this sort of thing

sewey89

Again, she very clearly is cheered when she comes out. Despite WWE production piping in boos as well. Its not a new or unique thing, WWE do it with other people too. But the point is to try and trick the easily fooled when reactions arent what they want. And here you are.

I hope they go all in with Big E but something tells me that might not happen. Just a feeling I got from the injury angle. If they wanted to make him as big a star as possible he could have won with Lashley not having an injury as well as having just had a match. Thats usually where a heel would cash in, when the opponent is seriously comprimised. But oh well, he clearly came across as the face and the fans were happy. Hopefully in the next few weeks he gets the big wins without this sort of thing
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sewey89

I don't know why they are going to feed The Demon to Roman on a relatively small PPV. Roman doesn't need to be made look stronger. The Demon character should be protected. It's such a waste considering Brock is the real feud.
Agreed. Feels very odd and quite forced. It's not like it's been a long feud and Balor has been pushed to his limit.

Sylar

Anyway
Happy for him. Just read up on it so will have to check it out on you tube. Wont change the rest of Raw being shit, but at least I can check out his segments online.

Well, Demon has lost to Samoa Joe. Now he will lose to a Samoan named Joe.

Ekeke

Think everyone takes a loss to Roman and then The Rock challenges him down the line

choccy77

You would think it has to be the Rock at this upcoming Wrestlemania otherwise whats the point. But either way, once he beats Rock, who is going to challenge him realistically after, because there is no one left in WWE that's good enough due to Vinces stupid booking.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There is only one man that Big E wants to face now...

I love Big E. That man doesn't need to be scripted, just give him a mic and he'll have fans in stitches every week.

Castia

Panic stations at WWE, a title change on RAW with a pre announced money in the bank cash-in?

Sylar

You would think it has to be the Rock at this upcoming Wrestlemania otherwise whats the point. But either way, once he beats Rock, who is going to challenge him realistically after, because there is no one left in WWE that's good enough due to Vinces stupid booking.
gable steveson :nervous:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wish Money in the Bank would be changed to only allow people to cash in the title in a proper pre-announced match, like RVD did. I thought Big E would at least do it, rather than facing a beaten down Lashley. I stopped caring about these title changes years ago.

choccy77

I wish Money in the Bank would be changed to only allow people to cash in the title in a proper pre-announced match, like RVD did. I thought Big E would at least do it, rather than facing a beaten down Lashley. I stopped caring about these title changes years ago.
Yeah, again Vince choosing to limit the push of Big E. Would have made him so much stronger had he said, I'm gonna challenge you at Survivor Series for example then have him beat Lashley, then Lashley could have won Royal Rumble and Challenged him at Mania and you would have TWO strong people in a Main Event Title match at Mania.