Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If I had to guess Dustin bonked his head for real on the buckle and didnt get into position properly
Looked that way, but it's a very good advert for getting him out of the ring. That "missed" powerslam was shit too. Black was hanging onto the ropes for ages before he did it.

Sylar

Looked that way, but it's a very good advert for getting him out of the ring. That "missed" powerslam was shit too. Black was hanging onto the ropes for ages before he did it.
Tbf he doesn't really wrestle on dynamite, it was just the next logical move in Blacks path

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Tbf he doesn't really wrestle on dynamite, it was just the next logical move in Blacks path
Match didn't need to be that long or require Black to take so much offence from Dustin. Let him get a few hits in, Black hits the heel kick, job done.

Sylar

Dynamite 1.3 rating
Second highest rating ever.
Next week will be interesting to see if they maintained the ones who tuned in

Think the balance of the show for 'newcomers' could have been better, so it will be interesting to see next week's rating without the ppv fallout and first appearances added in

Match didn't need to be that long or require Black to take so much offence from Dustin. Let him get a few hits in, Black hits the heel kick, job done.
Yeah I would have had it shorter, especially given the above - in that you knew more people were going to be watching.

choccy77

Just watched a 7 minute match on youtube from wwf featuring tag teams in singles match, setting up a PPV feud and it was a million times better than anything thats on tv today.

Ekeke

Dynamite 1.3 rating
Second highest rating ever.

Next week will be interesting to see if they maintained the ones who tuned in

Think the balance of the show for 'newcomers' could have been better, so it will be interesting to see next week's rating without the ppv fallout and first appearances added in

Yeah I would have had it shorter, especially given the above - in that you knew more people were going to be watching.
Makes sense. 1.5 average in the next 6 months would be the next step. The over 50s are going to take a while to give AEW a proper try even with the new names or will watch WWE regardless of whos on it. Just a gradual increase over time

Sylar

Makes sense. 1.5 average in the next 6 months would be the next step. The over 50s are going to take a while to give AEW a proper try even with the new names or will watch WWE regardless of whos on it. Just a gradual increase over time
Yep that's why I was surprised you said 2m in 6 months, that was a mad target
If they can average around 1.5 by mid next year that's great.
Perfect chance to elevate some younger guys using the new talent too

Dynamite have 3 matches scheduled for next week, I think that were announced, one being Adam Coles debut.
Think they should have had one more big thing promised for next week, like omega or probably better lucha brothers in action (or we will hear from Jericho)

Think they still have Arthur Ashe show as one that will bump a rating (esp if there are rumours of a debut like windham)
And of course punk and danielsons first dynamite matches can be saved which they can promote when it gets to that

Intrigued to see when hangman returns and what they do with him.
Sami needs something soon too

Ekeke

Yep that's why I was surprised you said 2m in 6 months, that was a mad target
If they can average around 1.5 by mid next year that's great.
Perfect chance to elevate some younger guys using the new talent too

Dynamite have 3 matches scheduled for next week, I think that were announced, one being Adam Coles debut.
Think they should have had one more big thing promised for next week, like omega or probably better lucha brothers in action (or we will hear from Jericho)

Think they still have Arthur Ashe show as one that will bump a rating (esp if there are rumours of a debut like windham)
And of course punk and danielsons first dynamite matches can be saved which they can promote when it gets to that

Intrigued to see when hangman returns and what they do with him.
Sami needs something soon too
I said compared to thinking that they're suddenly going to shoot up to that much straight away because they signed punk, danielson and cole that it might happen over 6 months. And it might. Its possible if things catch fire. And maybe for a big show they could do that once. But 1.5 as a baseline each week sounds a lot more likely as a gradual improvement.

Sylar

I havent paid attention to wrestling in years but saw a news item on TripleH.

So is the WWE fecked or something?
WWE aren't fecked due to the three billion dollar deals they have
Their product however is so poor

Also which hhh item? The nxt or the cardiac one?

Sylar

I said compared to thinking that they're suddenly going to shoot up to that much straight away because they signed punk, danielson and cole that it might happen over 6 months. And it might. Its possible if things catch fire. And maybe for a big show they could do that once. But 1.5 as a baseline each week sounds a lot more likely as a gradual improvement.
I'll be very very surprised if they hit that
They need a john Cena to hit that IMO

Would love to be proven wrong and see it keep on getting better

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'll be very very surprised if they hit that
They need a john Cena to hit that IMO

Would love to be proven wrong and see it keep on getting better
Tnt are owned by Warner media who own Warner Bros who own and make DC films.

That's Mephisto and John Cena confirmed for me.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks as if the underwhelming use of Suzuki is being leant into:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I think Triple H is still involved with NXT in the same way he was. There were rumours about Vince taking over but they were quashed.

It seems, for now at least, the "re-branding" is pretty much just a change in colour scheme.

However, it does seem like Vince will be involved in the future, either directly or by proxy, and Nick Khan has basically confirmed they're no longer interested in signing actual wrestlers, and will instead be looking at athletes/actors that they can train in the WWE style so the majority of talent is developed in-house.

From what I've read, people are expecting noticeable changes to NXT's style in around 6 months as they phase out the wrestlers with independent backgrounds and replace them with performance centre graduates.

Ekeke

I think Triple H is still involved with NXT in the same way he was. There were rumours about Vince taking over but they were quashed.

It seems, for now at least, the "re-branding" is pretty much just a change in colour scheme.

However, it does seem like Vince will be involved in the future, either directly or by proxy, and Nick Khan has basically confirmed they're no longer interested in signing actual wrestlers, and will instead be looking at athletes/actors that they can train in the WWE style so the majority of talent is developed in-house.

From what I've read, people are expecting noticeable changes to NXT's style in around 6 months as they phase out the wrestlers with independent backgrounds and replace them with performance centre graduates.
You can already see the change with a lot of the guys in the breakout tournament

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You can already see the change with a lot of the guys in the breakout tournament
I've not watched NXT with any regularity since pre-pandemic so I'm just repeating what I'd read.

I've just looked up the tournament though and you're right in that it's a very different lineup to the 2019 tournament that was basically a host of talent from the independent scene/smaller promotions.

Ekeke

I've not watched NXT with any regularity since pre-pandemic so I'm just repeating what I'd read.

I've just looked up the tournament though and you're right in that it's a very different lineup to the 2019 tournament that was basically a host of talent from the independent scene/smaller promotions.
Yep, younger, greener and bigger guys. Granted Carmello Hayes won and he's a good smaller wrestler. But having that tournament and having extra matches with those guys on the weekly NXT shows moved it to more like a main roster show.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So I've tried AEW the last few weeks and watched a few of the shows backdated from that.

Not a massive fan of that either so I guess wrestling just isn't my thing anymore.

I mean it definitely is more fun than any of the wwe shows,but then so is doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours. Just feels with AEW like there's a bit too much going on. You have loads of people crammed into one match and attempts to build feuds but where you then don't see any if the wrestlers involved for the next 3 shows. They need to either trim it down or find more airtime...and the later would probably just turn them into WWE.

Do like how they use the established or old timey stars to help promote the lesser known guys though, rather than just having them wrestle each other to try and sell a few more ppv views.

Also Chris Jericho coming out to music by Chris Jericho and still having the best entrance in wrestling is the most Chris Jericho thing ever.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If they could redo Here Comes The Pain with an AEW skin and updated graphics, it would do gangbusters.

I hope it's better than the WWE 2k games. It's been a while since there has been a good wrestling video game out there
2K19 was really good, but then they changed studio for 2K20 and it was bollocks.

I'm fairly sure the AEW game is being made by Yuke's, and they made all of the old Smackdown! and Smackdown! vs RAW games.

JP77

Doesn’t look great so far and way too quick but we will see what the final game looks like. Shame because the 2K WWE games are pretty piss poor recently too, completely ruined because they can’t put together decent online play for it. They were smashing it out of the ball park 10 years back ffs, don’t see how they’re struggling so much with the game’s nowadays buts it’s 2K so not a huge surprise.

choccy77

I hope it's better than the WWE 2k games. It's been a while since there has been a good wrestling video game out there
Funny you mention that.

WWE22K is due in March.

WWE are however very unhappy with 2k and they may even pull the license especially given the disaster of WWE2k20 which was released unfinished and full of unplayable bugs.

choccy77

2K19 was really good, but then they changed studio for 2K20 and it was bollocks.

I'm fairly sure the AEW game is being made by Yuke's, and they made all of the old Smackdown! and Smackdown! vs RAW games.
Yuk's pulled out of development and that's why WWE2K20 was so bad. Now they are doing the AEW game so fingers crossed

Ekeke

The AEW game looks either like the animations need work, or its a an arcade style and not meant to look very realistic as opposed to 2ks Simulation attempt

Either way I'm not a fan.

The bugs and the design decisions are what killed 2k20. Needing to download the expensive fantasy/silly DLCs in order to download most of the CAWs on the servers killed the creative side of the game. Gameplay was fine when the bugs were finally fixed

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yuk's pulled out of development and that's why WWE2K20 was so bad. Now they are doing the AEW game so fingers crossed
Yeah, I really enjoyed 2K19 and was impressed by how long they've kept the servers up. It was absolute bollocks that the only DLC wrestlers not deluxe edition or the fiend were stupid versions of existing roster members.

Ekeke

Well that was weird. Becky coming out with the fur coat and shades might come across arrogant but for the fact her opponent has the same look-at-me energy and attitude about her own look and character and shes the face