Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Wait, what?

Lad takes creepy selfies with Maryse without her consent, and the commentators are all "well, that's what the Miz gets for letting her out in public!"*

*slight exaggeration.

Obiorahking_

Wait, what?

Lad takes creepy selfies with Maryse without her consent, and the commentators are all "well, that's what the Miz gets for letting her out in public!"*

*slight exaggeration.
Commentators explanation was pretty poor, but nothing wrong with what he did given how arrogant both the Maryse's character is.

Obiorahking_

Apollo Crews is good at wrestling, but I think WWE would get more out of him as a heel.

Miz is an expert on near falls.

Sylar

Miz line to Renee was excellent. SD is so much better than Raw its not even funny.

Sylar

Holy shit, these promos are fantastic. Brutal, to the point and feeling very real.

Bwuk

Nattie is just awful.

Nikki Bella is just much better all around than her. Natties promo was awful.

Obiorahking_

Nattie is just awful.

Nikki Bella is just much better all around than her. Natties promo was awful.
I think that is a bit of an exaggeration. I thought her delivery was very good but mentioning that Nikki has a great personality and reminded everyone of her prestige really hurt its effectiveness. Nevertheless, Nattie by far trumps Nikki Bella.

Sylar

This SD has been great and its only an hour in.

And Next weeks SD is feeling like a PPV. It sounds much better than Roadblock.

Bwuk

Nattie just comes across as totally awkward.

Carmella is streets ahead on the way she carries herself and she's brand new. You can really see why they never pushed Nattie that often.

Sylar

Noam Dar is a heel for trying to steal Cedrics gf.
Enzo is a face for trying to sleep with Rusev wife.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The woman on Smackdown are miles ahead of their Raw counterparts in my opinion. Far more interesting storylines and characters, more meaningful title reigns and less stupid finishes (Sasha tapping with 2 seconds to go is one of the dumbest thing I've seen on WWE television this year... and we've seen the feckin' Old Day and Enzo's Sensitivity Training).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The woman on Smackdown are miles ahead of their Raw counterparts in my opinion. Far more interesting storylines and characters, more meaningful title reigns and less stupid finishes (Sasha tapping with 2 seconds to go is one of the dumbest thing I've seen on WWE television this year... and we've seen the feckin' Old Day and Enzo's Sensitivity Training).
I respect your opinion but I honestly believe the Smackdown roster is killing the Womens division massively.

Sasha Banks and Charlotte are putting on wrestling clinics by way of working the audience in their matches and having a fierce rivalry based on technique. The rivalry in RAW is about who is better than who.

Smackdown is just a bunch of Divas, not Women. They've regressed to a way to just sell the Total Divas show. Its a pisstake really, bunch of sissy girls scratching at each other with real life accusations to work up some form of a Jerry Springer reaction.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I respect your opinion but I honestly believe the Smackdown roster is killing the Womens division massively.

Sasha Banks and Charlotte are putting on wrestling clinics by way of working the audience in their matches and having a fierce rivalry based on technique. The rivalry in RAW is about who is better than who.

Smackdown is just a bunch of Divas, not Women. They've regressed to a way to just sell the Total Divas show. Its a pisstake really, bunch of sissy girls scratching at each other with real life accusations to work up some form of a Jerry Springer reaction.
I think the opposite. Charlotte and Sasha have put on one very good match and a bunch of other middling to sloppy ones, that we've seen over and over again to the point where they become both uninteresting and the result doesn't matter because of the 50/50 booking. It's devalued the title and the whole thing and nobody has come out as being better then the other because they constantly beat each other.

I mean, at Roadblock, they had a 30 minute match because - well, more is more - that dragged massively in parts, and had an ending so dumb and backwards, it didn't make a lick of sense. Why is the heel making a heroic last gap victory? Why is Sasha tapping at 2 seconds left when she can hear the crowd counting? Is she that stupid?

Fact is, I can tell you about the characters of about 6 different women on Smackdown. I can do the same thing for like 3 women on Raw (just about, Sasha is just "The Boss" and thats about it) and one is Lana.

Also it's not just Total Diva's stuff... Alexa and Becky is just a straight up coward heel vs. fighting face type of thing. The Natty / Nikki / Carmella stuff is sure, but then we have Cruiserweights fighting over a women, and Rusev and Enzo/Cass fighting over them hitting on his wife... is that any less Total Diva-y?

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think the opposite. Charlotte and Sasha have put on one very good match and a bunch of other middling to sloppy ones, that we've seen over and over again to the point where they become both uninteresting and the result doesn't matter because of the 50/50 booking. It's devalued the title and the whole thing and nobody has come out as being better then the other because they constantly beat each other.

I mean, at Roadblock, they had a 30 minute match because - well, more is more - that dragged massively in parts, and had an ending so dumb and backwards, it didn't make a lick of sense. Why is the heel making a heroic last gap victory? Why is Sasha tapping at 2 seconds left when she can hear the crowd counting? Is she that stupid?

Fact is, I can tell you about the characters of about 6 different women on Smackdown. I can do the same thing for like 3 women on Raw (just about, Sasha is just "The Boss" and thats about it) and one is Lana.

Also it's not just Total Diva's stuff... Alexa and Becky is just a straight up coward heel vs. fighting face type of think. The Natty / Nikki / Carmella stuff is sure, but then we have Cruiserweights fighting over a women, and Rusev and Enzo/Cass fighting over them hitting on his wife... is that any less Total Diva-y?
I honestly believe the standard that they put on was better than Carmella/Niki/Natalya. I think its unfair to say they only had one good match too. Yes, they had sloppy moments but I'd rather an highly entertaining match with high risk moves and near-falls to one with poor micwork and scratching like a bunch of pussys.

Everything is bad on Smackdown with the Divas roster (I dont even have the respect to call them a Womens division). That pre-contract promo cut by Bliss and Lynch before the latter lost the title was the worst thing I've ever seen. Khali could do a better job on a mic then FFS.

Its also unfair to say RAW Womens don't have their own gimmick. Charlotte is a "Queen" and acts as such, consistently working the crowd as peasants and having her loyal follower. Sasha is much like Becky Lynch. Shes not really known for anything specifically other than being a badass whose not afraid to fight. We all know what Nia Jax is too.

Robertd0803

Was hoping it would be Mickie James that attacked Nikki not Natalya but ah well.

This is why Im happy that Charlotte and Sasha are done for now with each other. It will allow Sasha to fued with Nia Jax who showed more character in that 5 minutes on Raw than in the whole time since she came up to the main roster. Make her a bully like Braun Strowman but for the womens division.

I cannot warm to Sasha for some reason, its like she is trying to hard and has been totally eclipsed by Charlotte. I would also question the wisdom of Sasha wearing skin tight leather pants and then a knee brace over the pants. If you have a knee injury either wear a loose/short pants or no pants. Simple.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I honestly believe the standard that they put on was better than Carmella/Niki/Natalya. I think its unfair to say they only had one good match too. Yes, they had sloppy moments but I'd rather an highly entertaining match with high risk moves and near-falls to one with poor micwork and scratching like a bunch of pussys.

Everything is bad on Smackdown with the Divas roster (I dont even have the respect to call them a Womens division). That pre-contract promo cut by Bliss and Lynch before the latter lost the title was the worst thing I've ever seen. Khali could do a better job on a mic then FFS.

Its also unfair to say RAW Womens don't have their own gimmick. Charlotte is a "Queen" and acts as such, consistently working the crowd as peasants and having her loyal follower. Sasha is much like Becky Lynch. Shes not really known for anything specifically other than being a badass whose not afraid to fight. We all know what Nia Jax is too.
I guess the only thing that is unfair is that the Women on Smackdown have had way more time to get their personalities across thanks to Talking Smack, but still, they've done it.

And whilst that promo wasn't great, Alexa has put in some great Mic work on Talking Smack and in other segments... Becky has too, though I'm not that much of a fan of her work... hell, Charlotte was a bit of a disaster on the Mic at first, and she's improved no end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I guess the only thing that is unfair is that the Women on Smackdown have had way more time to get their personalities across thanks to Talking Smack, but still, they've done it.

And whilst that promo wasn't great, Alexa has put in some great Mic work on Talking Smack and in other segments... Becky has too, though I'm not that much of a fan of her work... hell, Charlotte was a bit of a disaster on the Mic at first, and she's improved no end.
I hope their mic skills improve too, but not sure where its going for the moment. I do think Bliss has improved more than Lynch.

Personally I dont like Lynch but everyone seems to love her.

JP77

You're wrong. Almost as wrong as the time you said Bayley can't sell, has a terrible moveset and criticised her on a single move she did on her debut on Raw.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're wrong. Almost as wrong as the time you said Bayley can't sell, has a terrible moveset and criticised her on a single move she did on her debut on Raw.
Yeah I don't rate Bayely or Lynch. Shoot me.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Meh, Banks and Charlotte has been boring as shit for ages now, and has pretty much already ruined the womens title.
History will tell a different story and by that I mean the story the WWE tells of epic clashes between Charlotte and Sasha as prepare to main event Wrestlemania 38.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Maybe for the first half dozen matches, these last 20 though?

Yawn.