Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Smackdown actually has a second women's feud, even if it is descending into weird total divas nonsense.
I'm not really sure why they brought Bayley and Nia up from NXT only to keep them out of any meaningful feuds. I'm also not sure why they bothered having Dana follow Charlotte around for ages, only to not be involved in anything of any real interest.

I think both divisions have potential, but they seem to have decided that none of Bayley, Nia or Dana are ready for proper involvement in a title feud on RAW, so are treading water with this weird back and forth between Charlotte and Sasha. Hopefully now they've got the iron(wo)man match out of the way, they'll move on with it and have someone else step up to take on Charlotte.

Sylar

SD division is much more entertaining and has more depth. Its more engaging.

Whilst the Charlotte/Sasha matches have been good/decent (Think the best one was the one on Raw where Sasha won the title the first time), its all sameness for the sake of saying "The first ever". It just didnt feel as organic as it should have been. Having an Ironman match after a hell in a cell was weird for a feud (but I guess standard WWE stuff).

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Whilst the Charlotte/Sasha matches have been good/decent (Think the best one was the one on Raw where Sasha won the title the first time), its all sameness for the sake of saying "The first ever". It just didnt feel as organic as it should have been. Having an Ironman match after a hell in a cell was weird for a feud (but I guess standard WWE stuff).
I'm surprised they didn't just run through every gimmick match to get them on the book, table, ladder, inferno, etc, etc.

"Why are they fencing with flaming kendo sticks while 18 women surround the ring with fire extinguishers?" "Because reasons. Shut up."

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

The whole HiaC angle was just weirdly dealt with, so anything following that was just going to be more absurd. Okay, first women's HiaC match is groundbreaking stuff, but all the "you've earned it" stuff was utter nonsense. Cell matches are supposed to be terrifying, horrific, career-shortening things, that no one actually wants to ever compete in, but they had Mick Foley, a man who quite literally broke himself in Cell matches, congratulating them on the accomplishment, only to turn around a week later and shout about how horrible it is and how careful they need to be.

The cell match should have ended the feud, particularly as it essentially demonstrated Charlotte going through hell to win the title. Sasha picking it back up on RAW was again, absurd, and then to lose the Ironman match from being 2-1 up, tapping out with 2 seconds left, then again in sudden death, meaning heel Charlotte made an underdog's comeback in the dying moments to beat the champ.

I think the RAW division could be great, and could be far better than SD, because in all honesty, Nat and Nikki bore me, which leaves Alexa, Becky, and Carmella as the remaining active wrestlers. How they're managing to cock up with Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley and Nia active is beyond me, and even Dana's been fairly interesting at times.

Sylar

Right @Earthquake - it was gimmick matches for the sake of record books.
Dana was great in NXT with Emma I thought. Bringing back Emma but as this model character ... well she looks hot I guess. @Alex99

SD overall has been much better and made much better use since the draft split. The only things I would criticise is:
-Becky/Alexa should have been main event in Glasgow
-IC title match between Miz/Ziggler should have main evented the PPV especially with the world title match opening the show
-Use of Crews (and imo they should just trade Kalisto for Zayn).

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Right @Earthquake - it was gimmick matches for the sake of record books.
Dana was great in NXT with Emma I thought. Bringing back Emma but as this model character ... well she looks hot I guess. @Alex99

SD overall has been much better and made much better use since the draft split. The only things I would criticise is:
-Becky/Alexa should have been main event in Glasgow
-IC title match between Miz/Ziggler should have main evented the PPV especially with the world title match opening the show
-Use of Crews (and imo they should just trade Kalisto for Zayn).
I feel like Emmalina isn't going to be Eva Marie MKII as they're making out at the moment. I hope not anyway.

Now Neville has joined the Cruiserweights, and I think Sin Cara has been involved a bit as well, it makes sense to put Kalisto in the mix, and Zayn on SD would give him room to compete for either the IC or World title, as their roster is more fluid aside from AJ and Ambrose.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I love listening to Kevin Owens chat shit when on screen, but off Mic... Especially during fights.

There was a really funny moment when he was kicking Reigns near the corner and says something like:

"My kicks are really good" then tags in Jericho and says "now you kick him for a bit" :lol:

Sylar

Yeah Owens trash talking has always been fantastic especially when its caught by the cameras.

One thing i hate is the new direction to pick out crowd members every five seconds to show them reacting. There are a few funny ones, but its more miss than hit.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Now that I've been watching wrestling again for about two months, I have to say, Smackdown is miles ahead of Raw and that's mainly because of the unpredictability. Take Road Block for example, it was fairly predictable, I think someone on here even predicted most of the outcomes. Rollins was always going to beat Jericho, Owens wasn't going to lose his title to Reigns etc. Smackdown had Dolph Ziggler win the number 1 contender fight and then threw in Baron Corbin to the mix. Didn't see that coming at all

Sylar

It killed the chants so quick. They tried it again later but wasnt as strong.

Sylar

I stopped about halfway cos of the sameness and staleness. Will probably try catch up soon with ffwd usage.

TBH though, im actually looking forward to SD Live however. Will watch that fully live. :)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Saw raw... Pretty bad episode but some things I don't get:

Who is this Neville bloke? Seems quite good. Loved his turnbuckle move.

Why does TJ Perkins keep losing? I love his fight style and he has an excellent entrance but can't seem to buy a win.

Who is Austin Aries? He was on commentary and they seemed to imply hes a wrestler?

Also, was Corey Graves a wrestler?

Finally, what's the point in Roman Reigns wasting the US title? Wouldn't it be better off with Zayn, Rusev, Jericho etc?

paulscholes18

Saw raw... Pretty bad episode but some things I don't get:

Who is this Neville bloke? Seems quite good. Loved his turnbuckle move.
Won the NXT title belt, has a very nice finisher to watch called the red arrow

Why does TJ Perkins keep losing? I love his fight style and he has an excellent entrance but can't seem to buy a win.

Who is Austin Aries? He was on commentary and they seemed to imply hes a wrestler?
Yes, former TNA world champion and x division (Cruiserweight) champion
Also, was Corey Graves a wrestler?
Yes, former NXT tag team champion , but injuries ended his career

Finally, what's the point in Roman Reigns wasting the US title? Wouldn't it be better off with Zayn, Rusev, Jericho etc?

Sylar

I like how pretty much everything on SD has meaning and purpose.
Just wish they would have a 2 man commentary team of Mauro and JBL.

He is a lot fatter since last time I saw him

Many years ago
Hmmm. He seems about the same, same thickness.
Dude doesnt look like he ages either.