Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

I really want the Brawl Out footage, even though it probably doesnt exist. You get more inclined to believe Punks story over the YB given how this played out.

LordSpud

No it wont :lol:
Nothing will change for them. Their haters will remain haters, their fans will remain fans.
AEW will continue as long as Tony Khan wants it to. They still got great tv deals which is important nowadays.
TK sells up to TKO within 5 years for a lovely little sum.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Its got people talking about AEW in a week where most people have just been buzzing off of mania. Its a very Bischoff move, which is ironic given how much he shits on them.

I think they've got too much talent and no where near the amount of egos WCW had for it to go the same way but they do desperately need to bring in some sensible heads to balance out Tony just living out his efed dreams.

LordSpud

With the whole "you're my boss" shtick on RAW I think they might go down a route similar to the Austin/McMahon feud of the late 90s/early 00s. Also reckon in time PL will turn to go with Rock to form some Corporation shite again. He just has to say this new era is down to him and you've got some Corporate Bloodline faction ala Corporate Ministry.

I just wonder if Cody can play the Stone Cold role? That group in the ring at the end of WM can be his little group leading to War Games probably and maybe even Rock/Cena 3.

El Zoido

I really want the Brawl Out footage, even though it probably doesnt exist. You get more inclined to believe Punks story over the YB given how this played out.
Listen to Jim Cornette’s take on it, it’s basically been confirmed (by Ace Steel and Stephen P. New) that he got it 95% accurate. Jim still has connections in the industry and he’s not just guessing, and he’s seen this kind of situation many times before and knows how these things go down. Wrestlers in both AEW and WWE are in contact with Jim and with Brian Last. People can hate on Punk all they want but he’s a straight shooter and always tells it like it is. That’s partly why he’s so divisive. He clearly doesn’t give a feck what anybody thinks of him which gives him a lot of credibility in this kind of situation, and I doubt he’s lying about any of it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Listen to Jim Cornette’s take on it, it’s basically been confirmed (by Ace Steel and Stephen P. New) that he got it 95% accurate. Jim still has connections in the industry and he’s not just guessing, and he’s seen this kind of situation many times before and knows how these things go down. Wrestlers in both AEW and WWE are in contact with Jim and with Brian Last. People can hate on Punk all they want but he’s a straight shooter and always tells it like it is. That’s partly why he’s so divisive. He clearly doesn’t give a feck what anybody thinks of him which gives him a lot of credibility in this kind of situation, and I doubt he’s lying about any of it.
Let's not rewrite history.

Punks an egotistical cnut first and foremost, and could have handled the situation much better. As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He’s inviting Tony Khan to step in a deal with an escalating situation but instead he’s shitting himself at grown adults raising their voice and doesn’t get involved.
We knew that since the press conference.

Punk tearing the company to ribbons in front of the world and the owner sits there like a mouse.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Let's not rewrite history.

Punks an egotistical cnut first and foremost, and could have handled the situation much better. As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.
He's not made a judgment on how Punk handled the situation in the post, just that Punk's version of events ultimately appears to be true, and therefore his version of events at Brawl Out is also more credible.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
AEW were doing it from the very start, Cody smashed a throne with a sledgehammer at the first ever show which was a shot at HHH, part of the brand is to punch up at WWE.

It worked brilliantly back when AEW was on fire and Vince was still in charge, it highlighted the difference in momentum, nowadays it's sad because it does the same thing but the momentum has reversed.
Yeah probably right. It just looks sad and desperate now....but I don't think the odd cheap dig or reference which doesnt detract from rhe actual show is a bad thing. Especially as so many in AEW have routes in or from WWE.

It's just gone increasingly from that to it being more like crybaby/petty attention seeking stuff. Showing the Punk footage has nothing to do with AEW'S product, amd if they were that bothered they could have not sacked him.

So it just looks like a pathetic beg for ratings instead, but all its telling people from that point of view is don't bother watching because our show is less interesting than the petty backstage melodrama.

You can't rival The Rock at Wrestlemania with some back stage soundless blurry footage of a guy putting another guy in a headlock. Especially when the only interesting person in the footage now works for WWE anyway. Really struggling with what the point was

Sylar

Sarayas promo against WWE is still the worst. It just came off as nonsense after they kept her on when she was hurt, they helped with the documentary about her and all. And bar her moment at All In, (which was only cos shes from England rather than being deserved), its been a horrible run.

TBH, the coverage from Cornette has been the complete same (but opposite) as Meltzer/Alvarez. I cant take anything either party have said about this as credible, as it seems like both sides were fed stuff to put out. The funniest though was how sad the latter were that Punk was returning, it was like they were at a funeral reporting on it.

TK sells up to TKO within 5 years for a lovely little sum.
Doubt it at least for the reasons you think.
TV deals are going to be bigger, everything is media / content related nowadays. TK will continue this as long as he wants to.

Its got people talking about AEW in a week where most people have just been buzzing off of mania. Its a very Bischoff move, which is ironic given how much he shits on them.

I think they've got too much talent and no where near the amount of egos WCW had for it to go the same way but they do desperately need to bring in some sensible heads to balance out Tony just living out his efed dreams.
This is the funniest thing. Bischoff basically let his buddies run wcw. Gave ridiculous contracts out. Tries to challenge Vince to a fight on a PPV, mentioned WWF so much back then, and is the advocate of controversy creates cash.He even appeared on Dynamite a few times. Some of the takes on AEW from people like Bischoff, Cornette, Bully Ray étc, comes off as weak / biased even if they have good points to raise. But its watered down

Sylar

I didn’t think I could love CM Punk any more than I already do, but here we are. Saw a video of his Ariel Helwani interview comments overlaid with the backstage footage and it matches up so perfectly it feels like a play by play. You can see a point where Punk looks to his right at Tony (who is sitting behind the wall), which is presumably the moment Perry said “what are you gonna do about it.” He’s inviting Tony Khan to step in a deal with an escalating situation but instead he’s shitting himself at grown adults raising their voice and doesn’t get involved. No wonder Punk had had enough of it all. This is the moment Tony was scared for his life.

Some footage doing the rounds of Jamie Carragher calling Tony Khan a clown three years ago on Sky Sports, after a Twitter meltdown about Fulham. The guy is basically a socially awkward internet nerd with a billion dollars to spend on real life wrestling figures, so it’s no wonder he couldn’t handle what was barely a scuffle happening in front of him. Sheltered rich kid. I saw worse fights on the playground at school on a regular basis.
I remember this. I cant remember if TK had a meltdown or was talking about signings. But i remember the point was made about Fulham just signing lots of people to contracts :lol:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Didn't Tony originally give the EVPs booking power, but ended up taking it off them after Cody booked himself to never be allowed a shot at the AEW title and Kenny just kept booking himself to lose?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's not made a judgment on how Punk handled the situation in the post, just that Punk's version of events ultimately appears to be true, and therefore his version of events at Brawl Out is also more credible.
He said he's a straight shooter who tells it like it is. I'm saying he's not, he's an egotistical cnut.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Didn't Tony originally give the EVPs booking power, but ended up taking it off them after Cody booked himself to never be allowed a shot at the AEW title and Kenny just kept booking himself to lose?
Masochists.

Traub

I didn’t think I could love CM Punk any more than I already do, but here we are. Saw a video of his Ariel Helwani interview comments overlaid with the backstage footage and it matches up so perfectly it feels like a play by play. You can see a point where Punk looks to his right at Tony (who is sitting behind the wall), which is presumably the moment Perry said “what are you gonna do about it.” He’s inviting Tony Khan to step in a deal with an escalating situation but instead he’s shitting himself at grown adults raising their voice and doesn’t get involved. No wonder Punk had had enough of it all. This is the moment Tony was scared for his life.

Some footage doing the rounds of Jamie Carragher calling Tony Khan a clown three years ago on Sky Sports, after a Twitter meltdown about Fulham. The guy is basically a socially awkward internet nerd with a billion dollars to spend on real life wrestling figures, so it’s no wonder he couldn’t handle what was barely a scuffle happening in front of him. Sheltered rich kid. I saw worse fights on the playground at school on a regular basis.
Reminds me of the opening scene in Silicon Valley. Trying so hard to be cool.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He said he's a straight shooter who tells it like it is. I'm saying he's not, he's an egotistical cnut.
These ideas aren't exclusive though.

Punk is very egotistical and quite clearly has a tendency to rub people the wrong way (to put it mildly) as a result, but he also tends to just say things as they are, even if it makes him look bad.

He didn't give a shit how he looked after the Colt Cabana thing, and he had no issue with admitting to choking Jungle Boy here.

El Zoido

Those two things aren’t related at all. I don’t really feel that Punk is egotistical, just confident. I also don’t get the impression at all that he’s a liar or disingenuous. He seems to be an all around great guy to be honest. That’s the vibe I get from him, and from those who talk about him. Imagine thinking this guy is a cnut, honestly. I’ll never understand.

Bwuk

Dunno how true it is but seen people on Twitter saying Punk could actually sue Khan due to GDPR laws with the CCTV Footage.

Itll never happen but honestly I wish it would. The internet meltdown would be hilarious.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
This is the funniest thing. Bischoff basically let his buddies run wcw. Gave ridiculous contracts out. Tries to challenge Vince to a fight on a PPV, mentioned WWF so much back then, and is the advocate of controversy creates cash.He even appeared on Dynamite a few times. Some of the takes on AEW from people like Bischoff, Cornette, Bully Ray étc, comes off as weak / biased even if they have good points to raise. But its watered down
Bischoff seems incapable of proper self reflection on his many many fecks that I don't think anything he has to say has a great deal of merit. The greatest thing that happened to him was an even bigger moron came in after him in Russo to take most of the heat for things going down hill.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Anyone know what happened to the YouTube WrestleMania documentary?, think was meant to be on last night?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Anyone know what happened to the YouTube WrestleMania documentary?, think was meant to be on last night?
Apparently they've got so much footage from Mania that they're still putting it together

Scottynaldinho

Bischoff seems incapable of proper self reflection on his many many fecks that I don't think anything he has to say has a great deal of merit. The greatest thing that happened to him was an even bigger moron came in after him in Russo to take most of the heat for things going down hill.
To be fair to Eric he did create one of the best angles with Sting vs Hogan. The ending sucked but the build up was the best I've seen.

The Hilton

If he wanted to fire back, should have done it from a personal point of view either via podcasts or social media not when promoting one of the biggest feuds he has with Danielson. Also fired back with a silly old jibe. He could have just reiterated his commitment to the so called 'grind' in a much better way if he really had to.
If it were the same line about HHH and Steph, without all the fluff building up to it, on a show where they weren't being so petty as to show footage of Punk, then I don't think many would have batted an eye. Folks taking shots back and forth is par for the course. The problem for Ospreay was that this really wasn't the show to take the shot, and he made it way wordier than it needed to be. That, along with him then he stumbling over his words with the machine gun line, made it look much worse. He definitely needs to work on his promos more.

The Hilton

Yeah probably right. It just looks sad and desperate now....but I don't think the odd cheap dig or reference which doesnt detract from rhe actual show is a bad thing. Especially as so many in AEW have routes in or from WWE.

It's just gone increasingly from that to it being more like crybaby/petty attention seeking stuff. Showing the Punk footage has nothing to do with AEW'S product, amd if they were that bothered they could have not sacked him.

So it just looks like a pathetic beg for ratings instead, but all its telling people from that point of view is don't bother watching because our show is less interesting than the petty backstage melodrama.

You can't rival The Rock at Wrestlemania with some back stage soundless blurry footage of a guy putting another guy in a headlock. Especially when the only interesting person in the footage now works for WWE anyway. Really struggling with what the point was
Oh no doubt, the footage is a massive own goal and makes AEW look small time and petty. If they could get some momentum back then the occasional shot wouldn't matter and might even go down well, but even if AEW were blowing WWE out of the water the backstage footage segment would have been a huge self own.

To be honest whatever footage they showed it would have been a terrible segment, as it involved giving the Bucks around 5 uninterrupted minutes of speaking! :lol:

Sylar

If it were the same line about HHH and Steph, without all the fluff building up to it, on a show where they weren't being so petty as to show footage of Punk, then I don't think many would have batted an eye. Folks taking shots back and forth is par for the course. The problem for Ospreay was that this really wasn't the show to take the shot, and he made it way wordier than it needed to be. That, along with him then he stumbling over his words with the machine gun line, made it look much worse. He definitely needs to work on his promos more.
Reports are he didn't even wanna do it. Of course just reports but they state him and bucks were not in favour of their segments. Which makes sense as I'm sure osprey has praised hhh numerous times before.

To be fair to Eric he did create one of the best angles with Sting vs Hogan. The ending sucked but the build up was the best I've seen.
Bischoffs recollection to the ending of that angle is absurd and I'm glad conrad called him out big time on their podcast.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

As someone who works in pubs, this is genuinely one of the first things I thought about. Laws in the UK and America are different when it comes to CCTV, but genuinely thought nah surely this is a slightly different case or he's hes got himself around it. Guess not.

It's not just punk either, it's anyone in that video.

Sylar

As someone who works in pubs, this is genuinely one of the first things I thought about. Laws in the UK and America are different when it comes to CCTV, but genuinely thought nah surely this is a slightly different case or he's hes got himself around it. Guess not.

It's not just punk either, it's anyone in that video.
They needed his permission or to blur him right given its considered uk cctv (where the incident happened). And it's footage outside the standard wrestling show entertainment bracket.
This is quite funny. I assume nothing comes from it but still funny

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Such a weird little pointless episode. I could understand showing it if the footage was actually interesting, but if anything its about 100x more boring than most people would have imagined.

Its like one of those "you won't BELIEVE what Bruno Fernandes was caught doing" type Facebook links, where you click on it and turns out he stopped to get some petrol on the way home from training or something.

Scottynaldinho

Reports are he didn't even wanna do it. Of course just reports but they state him and bucks were not in favour of their segments. Which makes sense as I'm sure osprey has praised hhh numerous times before.

Bischoffs recollection to the ending of that angle is absurd and I'm glad conrad called him out big time on their podcast.
Just listened to it. What a sad old man.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Such a weird little pointless episode. I could understand showing it if the footage was actually interesting, but if anything its about 100x more boring than most people would have imagined.

Its like one of those "you won't BELIEVE what Bruno Fernandes was caught doing" type Facebook links, where you click on it and turns out he stopped to get some petrol on the way home from training or something.
Woah woah woah… Bruno Fernandes did WHAT?! Tell me you still have the link…

And agreed. But I think Will Ostrich (whatever his name his) was the most embarrassing thing about AEW on the day. From the clip I saw on Twitter. Saying that line about HHH getting to where he is because of Stephanie, which hasn’t been funny since Jericho said it in about 2001, and then looking at the crowd like he’d said something brilliant. Cringe. All it did was as prove he’s sensitive to the truth, highlighted that he is a lazy shit, and made me thankful that he’s not at WWE where people actually watch

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just watched that Will Osprey interview. What the hell was that face after he said that comment :lol:

What a tool

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I want to know what happens next time there's any form of (scripted) backstage brawl now in AEW? Can we only see CCTV footage of such incidents now? Will the offending people get fired/suspended? And do all brawls have to be this level of "violence" or less!? Because surely if someone attacks someone with a chair backstage or puts someone through a table, they should be getting done for GBH?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I want to know what happens next time there's any form of (scripted) backstage brawl now in AEW? Can we only see CCTV footage of such incidents now? Will the offending people get fired/suspended? And do all brawls have to be this level of "violence" or less!? Because surely if someone attacks someone with a chair backstage or puts someone through a table, they should be getting done for GBH?
Psst... Wrestling isn't real :wenger:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Watched Dynamite and I really have little time for the CCTV stuff, especially as like noodle said it was all just so meh. Aside from Tony's ego being hurt over the Punk interview on Helwani I can only think they thought it might be a way to bring Perry back into the fold but it's still comes across as petty and small time. Should've just ignored it all. I watch AEW foremost because I enjoy the actual wrestling product way more than the soap opera elements around it so they need to stick to their niche of putting on great wrestling matches and not coming off like a kid who's been told to sit on the naughty step.

The Ospreay stuff I have less of a problem with. Unfortunate timing with the above happening but he absolutely has the right to clap back at HHH for his comments. To say he's someone who's afraid of the grind also comes across as salty. He's worked his backside off wrestling in Japan and still coming back week after week to work indie shows for the likes of RevPro and I even remember him putting together a show during Covid to give a lot of the UK guys who were struggling for work at the time some much needed support. Picking AEW was absolutely the right move for him. More money, the wrestling is more his style, it allows him to spend more time with his partner and family, work indies/NJPW still if he wants to and of course he'll probably headline Wembley this year. Nobody in their right mind wouldn't pick that. I don't normally recommend anything with Jericho involved but the interview he did with him on his podcast a couple of months back is really worth a listen.

Anyway in other news I see that WWE have got Guilia. No talk about that on here? She's pretty awesome and given a push she'll blow the likes of Jade away. She has both the look/chartisma and can actually go in the ring. Jade to me looks no different from when she was in AEW and if anyone needs the "doesn't fancy the grind" label throwing at them it's her. I strongly suspect she's only interested in using wrestling as a very quick stepping stone to Hollywood but we shall see.

Last edited: