Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

saivet

Feel as though this has been on the cards for a while. Won the CL and made them a decent side for about a year but fell off towards the end of last year and hasn't recovered since. Not that I care for his brand of football but it has been extremely boring even when they were good.

Deery

Dreary
Potter would be mental take. Chelsea doing this shows they'll sack the manager at the drop of a hat. Better off holding out for the likes of an Arsenal or Spurs
You kidding it would be a dream job for Potter and many managers for that matter.

Ole'sgunnarwin

About 0.0% chance they fire the coach who brought them back into the top 4 and won them the championship league, 6 weeks into the new season after spending a gazillion pounds on players, who haven't even all started a single game yet
Have you just heard of Chelsea?

Mike Smalling

They’ve literally had 2 games since the window closed.

Won one and lost one. Madness :lol:
This is insane management of a football club. Hopefully they will be in shambles, so that they won't really be in top four contention this year.

cyberman

The number of times a big team has started badly in CL and then recovered. It's an odd decision. Must be something else on top of it.
They’ve been terrible in 7 out of 8 game coupled with their terrible run of performances since Christmas.
Just think we were reportedly after him with Rangnick moving upstairs. These are sliding dooor moment.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would be shite if they got Potter.

Would make Brighton a much easier fixture for our rivals, particularly after we've already dropped points against them.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Potch, Potter or Celtic gaffer

Teja

Whoa that came out of nowhere.

Why did they spend so much money getting him players for a back three?

Can only assume Boehly and Tuchel fought internally.

Brophs

The One and Only
Brendan “Brendan” Rodgers charming the pants off Boehly.

largelyworried

Wow, very surprised to be honest, that feels even more brutal than when Roman was around. That said, Tuchel seems to fall out with people, maybe he's fallen out with Boehly behind the scenes. On the pitch they haven't been great but I don't think its been worth the sack already.

I guess he isn't helped by Pochettino being out of work and Potter probably being poachable. The former is bound to end up at the first big club to sack their manager and the latter will be highly sought after at the end of the season. They might think its better to get in early and find a replacement while there's some choice to be had.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Gerrard and Rodgers even bottling the sack-race.

saivet

Think Potter would do well with the squad who also plays a back 3 regularly at Brighton. I'm personally hoping they don't get him and Potter replaces Southgate after the World Cup.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s incredible how consistent Chelsea’s boom bust cycle is. Anchelotti, Jose, Conte and Tuchel at such big highs winning serious major honours, then thrown out so soon after.

On the one hand it’s worked for them as the consistent new manager bounce has delivered some big trophies.

On the other hand, the lack of stability is why they’ve never been the dominant force of English Football.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You kidding it would be a dream job for Potter and many managers for that matter.
Definitely dream job, but I actually agree that Potter should stay far away from this.

They have invested heavily and the dressing room is not working. Potter has made his considerable success being given time and patience to build a club thats incredibly successful considering their stature. Chelsea might give him resources, but he is definitely not getting time.

Potter should, in my opinion, take on a club that has a history of backing their manager for longer than a month of hardship the day he leaves Brighton.

Sacking Tuchel is such a massively weird move considering the squad investment, something must have left his lips after the CL game that the American didnt appreciate one bit.

bringbackbebe

Absolute madness. Tuchel is least responsible for the crap they are in & put up a mighty front for the club last year with all the drama. Bohley is clueless. Not that I'm complaining.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What is actually crazy is they've just gone and spend huge amounts of money on players that were basically bought around the concept of playing 3 at the back which is only really preferred by Tuchel and Conte. They almost bought Leipzig backup defender for 80m to be their starting LCB in the back three.

kunal18

Timing is not bad, a new manager can actually turn around their season on all fronts, if it works.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely dream job, but I actually agree that Potter should stay far away from this.

They have invested heavily and the dressing room is not working. Potter has made his considerable success being given time and patience to build a club thats incredibly successful considering their stature. Chelsea might give him resources, but he is definitely not getting time.

Potter should, in my opinion, take on a club that has a history of backing their manager for longer than a month of hardship the day he leaves Brighton.
I actually agree with this, but feck it I don't care, give me Potter right fecking now!!!!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What is actually crazy is they've just gone and spend huge amounts of money on players that were basically bought around the concept of playing 3 at the back which is only really preferred by Tuchel and Conte.
Doesn't really matter though. Silva ain't getting any younger and they can easily play a back 4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They bought players for him and his system and then they sack him after one month. What a stupid move.

Suv666

Its premature but I agree with this sacking. He looked out of ideas and a had a very negative body language. I wouldn't have bet on him turning it around.

Still bloody mental they have actually sacked him. Chelsea are mad.