Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Damn. Meet the new owner, same as the old owner. Not that it didn’t work for Abramovich.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Potter should wait though, I think he's a good candidate to replace Guardiola personally, and everything suits him better up there.

Chief123

The timing is ridiculous though isn’t it
It is very very strange. Especially as it’s reported they’ve been thinking about this for weeks. Which means they spent £70m on Fofana and got Auba and Zakaria in while knowing they weren’t happy with Tuchel. Very weird.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Apologies if you've already been spammed with @s, but do you think Potter will take the gig? Really, really hope he turns it down.
I don't think he would, I posted earlier that Potter has always said his teams thrive in a stable environment and that is why he apparently turned down Spurs, but who knows, I hope he doesn't go there.

TheReligion

Abusive
It is very very strange. Especially as it’s reported they’ve been thinking about this for weeks. Which means they spent £70m on Fofana and got Auba and Zakaria in while knowing they weren’t happy with Tuchel. Very weird.
Tbh it’s nonsense and face saving.

This wasn’t planned at all

Blood Mage

Crazy decision this early in the season, Chelsea being Chelsea. Potter the obvious replacement you would think.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why?

Spunking loads of dosh and sacking coaches. It's like Roman all over again and his time at the club was incredibly successful.
Roman had excellent backroom staff at Chelsea. Jury is still out on wether or not their employees will perform at the same level

Chairman Steve

Potter’s stock has surged ridiculously from this thread. He’s a good manager for Brighton but there’s a world of difference between doing it for Brighton and doing it for Chelsea. Is Todd willing to make such a huge risk? Us taking ETH is a considerable risk but this is a much bigger risk.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons he's gone id due to the success and structured backing he got from the old regime.

Whether they turn out to be good owners or not, right now they're new to this and their inexperience has shone through this window/early season. This must have been a cause of frustration for Tuchel, and I'm sure he and his staff will have noted the drop off in how the club was being guided from above.

Laurencio

Don't think there is anyone they can bring in who is better. I would have doubled down on keeping Tuchel, I reckon they would have bounce back once the newly assembled defence started to gel.

Potter is an interesting possibility, but he just doesn't have the experience winning and getting a group of massive egos playing well together. He would probably be the best option at the moment though.

It's a strange decision this early in the season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As mad is it seems, we were starting to look more than capable of finishing above Chelsea. Unlike our owners, Chelsea’s don’t wait until it’s too late to act to save a season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Don't think there is anyone they can bring in who is better. I would have doubled down on keeping Tuchel, I reckon they would have bounce back once the newly assembled defence started to gel.

Potter is an interesting possibility, but he just doesn't have the experience winning and getting a group of massive egos playing well together. He would probably be the best option at the moment though.

It's a strange decision this early in the season.
Tuchel has always fallen out with the board wherever he has been... suspect he mouthed off and Bohley though fek him

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Really confused. You were all waiting for him to be sacked and now that he is it’s the wrong decision. I liked Tuchel but we have been terrible for a while, i doubt it’s based on this seasons performance alone. It was the right decision, seems like he lost the players.

morree

Brings in players for 250m and Auba just to sack Tuchel a week after haha what a joke, and here i thought our club was ran badly. Tuchel is a top manager and there isn't a single available manager that would be an upgrade, maybe just Zidane but i would be very surprised if he is interested in that job.

Verward

Oh no! Third best manager in the league according to some poster on Redcafe is gone. In the end, he was nothing but De Matteo version 2.

largelyworried

Well, this gives me hope that we won't be the only clowns in the circus any more. Sacking a manager is one thing, but backing a manager by spending a shit tonne on players he wants only to sack him a week later is ridiculous. At least Abramovich went into every season assuming he would probably sack the manager and would buy players that his directors thought they needed instead, even if that pissed off the coach. Here's hoping Boehly continues in this vein.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He's above Klopp right now. Is Klopp not second best manager in the PL?

Surely you're not going to use the Chelsea board as some form of sane footballing body? :D
Chelsea have been shit for a year

RedIan

Stupid rash decision, he won them the champions league last year . Probably clashes with the new owners as hes a strong character.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Really confused. You were all waiting for him to be sacked and now that he is it’s the wrong decision. I liked Tuchel but we have been terrible for a while, i doubt it’s based on this seasons performance alone. It was the right decision, seems like he lost the players.
How can he have lost the players, you brought half them in over the last couple of months?!

NewYorkRed

What a weird decision. To spend that much money on his targets and then immediately sack him hahaha good to see they’re still very well run. Our chances of top four just went up significantly.

Revaulx

Roman had excellent backroom staff at Chelsea. Jury is still out on wether or not their employees will perform at the same level
Indeed. Just ‘cos sacking managers worked in the past doesn’t mean it will continue to work with completely different people in the background.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everyone frightened about them getting Potter but this is a different level altogether. I don’t see a Potter appointment much different to us hiring David Moyes. No guarantee of success at all.