g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Throwing pts against Arsenal?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
With Spurs throwing their game against City a week later?

Such a funny scenario isn't it? both United and Spurs potentially losing on purpose to stop their rivals from winning the league
The difference is though, spurs need points to try and catch Villa for 4th. We’re fighting for nothing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Go for the win. I prefer the 115 charges plastics winning the league over Arsenal.
When they get away with the charges though, which they will. This will be irrelevant. I’d rather a proper football club win the league any day of the week.

Remember the geese

Definitely not. I don't agree with the notion of Arsenal winning the title as being some sort of saviour for us. In actual fact, I would prefer City to win it because Arsenal winning it is a bigger indictment of how pathetic we have been.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
A City title is infinitely better than Arsenal winning it.

Any trophies won by 115 charges is irrelevant and utterly meaningless to me.
Hilarious how in the last decade the biggest City cheerleaders in England have been their supposed local rivals :houllier: I can't ever imagine having to do the same for Chelsea. I'd gladly throw any game away if it means United win the title than those cheating bastards in Chelsea.

siw2007

As much as I prefer Arsenal to win the league, we can’t throw a game of football ever. It is about professional pride and you have to give it your all in front of our fans. It is up to Arsenal to beat us and to be honest they have got more than enough to do so. I think Arsenal will beat us either way and win the rest of their games. But I also expect City to comfortably win the rest of theirs and win the league.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Neh I can’t have arsenal having a key win at OT to win the league, let’s win and shut Arteta up.

Handsome Devil

It's either going to be Arsenal champions 2024 or City champions 2024*
Hate the thought of them winning 4 in a row, no matter how meaningless it now is.
The media and the FA will continue to ignore the 115 elephants in the room but I guess United have to play with integrity.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Silly thread. Firstly because City will probably win it regardless. And secondly it's not it's Liverpool we'd be stopping.
The idea of them winning it was genuinely a sickener.
As stated many times the idea of City winning another title in the "115 charges era" matters not a jot really.
They could win 20 titles back to back and it'd be less of a worry than Liverpool winning 1.

I quite like the idea of Arsenal's long drought continuing as they're arguably the most insufferable fanbase at any sniff of a win.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Agree with the sentiment that as it's not Liverpool involved it changes things.

I wont exactly be upset if Arsenal do us - but it's not a PLEASE LOSE situation as it would be if the scousers were waiting.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Throwing the game dont hurt morale. It's a loss but better than a hard fought loss
I can't believe you think it's a serious conversation to actually throw a game. This is how pathetic our fan base has become.

djembatheking

If the scousers beat Spurs today they will be relying on United and Everton to beat Arsenal so they can finish ahead of them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I can't believe you think it's a serious conversation to actually throw a game. This is how pathetic our fan base has become.
I was buzzing when City did us 2-0 a few years back to stop Liverpool winning it - sorry to let you down mate.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I was buzzing when City did us 2-0 a few years back to stop Liverpool winning it - sorry to let you down mate.
You've proven my point on how pathetic our fan base is, you did a good job buddy.

Manncunian

So nobody wants to finish 5th? Just so Arsenal win the league ahead of city? Providing City drop points too?

How is this even a topic of dicsussion?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Gooners are the scousers of the south, self righteous entitled fans that have deluded themselves into thinking they are special. Hopefully we wreck their season as we did for the scousers.

Sara125

Arsenal fans take over social media when they are top for one weekend in November. Imagine if they win it. No thanks.

Unam333

When they get away with the charges though, which they will. This will be irrelevant. I’d rather a proper football club win the league any day of the week.
That's true, although I fully trust the FA will conduct a proper investigation and I just can't and will not believe City will be cleared of all those 115 charges.

brian017

Nah. I don't want to throw the game because I don't think it will matter anyway as City will win out. I'd much rather try to qualify for the europa league.

Marcus

Very arrogant of some fans to assume we would win the game if we tried our best. Anyway no, try to win this please.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
That history books argument is bonkers honestly.

Do you guys not know there was controversy over the 1966 England WC win? How many of you were even born then? And yet you know.

In 50 years from now, City's titles may or may not stand but anyone following football enough to care to go into the history books will know the story behind their wins.

thisisnottaken1

Well - that’s not to mention most of my football watching friends that I know in real life being Arsenal fans, and how much Sky will milk them winning it after 20 years…
While I agree that Arsenal winning the title before us would be bad, City outdoing one of our achievements, after they matched two of our greatest achievements (including our greatest achievement full stop), would be absolutely awful, even though it’s inherently tainted. The media milking of Pep and City as the best ever if they get their fourth in a row will be absolutely insufferable. It would have a negative effect on our reputation, as it will result in them gaining more and more younger fans, which could be self-sustainable.

JediSith

Yeah we don’t want city to win the league. But no we won’t want to lose to stop them winning the league. That’s such a pathetic attitude.

I remember when the United vs Blackburn league race went to the last game of the season. Do you know who Blackburn played? Liverpool! And guess what, Liverpool beat them. Only reason we didn’t win the league is because we drew or lost against I think West Ham and missed like 5000 goal scoring chances.

The only attitude to take is we are not in the title race. We have our own objectives and have to win our own matches.

Banana Republic

City are on course for their 10th league title.
Their dominance will continue for at least another 5 years, meaning a few more titles will be coming their way, unless the football authorities have the gonads to punish them for their cheating.
I don’t like the idea of them getting even close to our 20 league trophies and would rather Arsenal win this season’s race, but it’s City’s to lose now.

AndyMUFC

I don't think we'll need to worry anyway because we'll lose ourselves, but City winning a 4th in a row and going for a 5th is still bad for the Premier League.

It will make the league even more boring than it already is.

thisisnottaken1

City are on course for their 10th league title.
Their dominance will continue for at least another 5 years, meaning a few more titles will be coming their way, unless the football authorities have the gonads to punish them for their cheating.
I don’t like the idea of them surpassing our 20 league trophies.
Same here, and that’s a genuine possibility.

CloneMC16

I would definitely throw the game to help Arsenal. We have nothing to play for and I can't stand seeing City win the league.

In reality, though, we won't need to throw for Arsenal to beat us, and City will win all of their games, anyway.

criticalanalysis

We'll be at home against the primary league contenders. Of course we will turn up and be game raising cnuts.